PDA

View Full Version : Obama kills a fly

Lefty
06-17-2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2250404/posts

obama killed a fly during an interview and everyone laughed. Not so fast...
Was that an endangered fly? Did they check? Sounds nuts doesn't it, that i bring it up? Sure does. But is it anymore nuts than the wack environmentalists having water cut off water to farmers to protect a minnow, which is deemed endangered.
Comedian Paul Rodriguez, a devout dem, was complaining to Hannity on the radio, yesterday. He's beginning to see how wacko the so called environmentalist movement really is.

46zilzal
06-17-2009, 04:09 PM
WITHOUT the environmental movement things like Love Canal would be common place along with the true story shown in the movie Erin Brokovich and many close to the few nuclear reactors would be truly glowing in the dark.

I did my master's thesis on Lead Poisoning right about the time there was a growing concern to ban it in gasoline and paint due to the major neurological destruction in the central nervous system of children who, through SUGAR of lead in paint, wound up severly retarded. Tetraethyl lead was so widespread in its pollution, that arctic core samples are routinely dated at 1929 at the point where lead disappears. We all carry a lead burden of some degree hidden as a replacement positively bivalent exchange in what was Calcium hydroxappatite to become Lead Hydroxyappatite. It was this exchange and the resultant neurological damage that Gibbon proposed that was responsible for bringing down the patricians in Rome since they were the only one to use Pewter plates and, unknowingly, poisonied themselves.

Then there is mercury and many other heavy metals leaching into surface waters, polychorinated biphenyls, HGH and hormones used in our meat that are feminizing young children, endocrine blockers (Bisphenol A recently banned in infants baby bottles), organohalides in fertilizers not to mention all the stabilizers, softeners and tainted and UNTESTED "natural flavors" added to food in a completely unregulated industry.

There is a stronger need than ever before to monitor these dangerous chemicals.

46zilzal
06-17-2009, 04:21 PM
As I was checking the spelling of a few words, a new crises just arrived on the scene. mesothelioma (inoperable and a death warrant) anyone?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/06/17/montana.asbestos/index.html

Lefty
06-17-2009, 04:23 PM
zilly, there's common sense and then there is wacko. Please respond to the plight of these farmers. They are going broke, our food supply will dwindle, and prices soar for everybody. Now answer, please. Is this the good or wacko?

46zilzal
06-17-2009, 04:30 PM
In one study published in Nature in 2004, between 15 and 37% of known plant and animal species will be "committed to extinction" by 2050. More properly, changes in habitat by 2050 will put them outside the survival range for the inhabitants, thus committing the species to extinction.

The abstract states:

Climate change over the past 30 years has produced numerous shifts in the distributions and abundances of species and has been implicated in one species-level extinction. Using projections of species' distributions for future climate scenarios, we assess extinction risks for sample regions that cover some 20% of the Earth's terrestrial surface. Exploring three approaches in which the estimated probability of extinction shows a power-law relationship with geographical range size, we predict, on the basis of mid-range climate-warming scenarios for 2050, that 15−37% of species in our sample of regions and taxa will be 'committed to extinction'. When the average of the three methods and two dispersal scenarios is taken, minimal climate-warming scenarios produce lower projections of species committed to extinction (18%) than mid-range (24%) and maximum-change (35%) scenarios. These estimates show the importance of rapid implementation of technologies to decrease greenhouse gas emissions and strategies for carbon sequestration.

Glad I won't be around. WE SHARE THIS EARTH with many other beings and it is NOT OURS for the taking.

Lefty
06-17-2009, 04:31 PM
we're not talking asbestos here. the subject is farmers being deprived water. please address the topic.

cj's dad
06-17-2009, 07:04 PM
I did my master's thesis .

You never stop with the bulls--t do you ?!?

Tom
06-17-2009, 10:12 PM
The fly made more sense.

kenwoodallpromos
06-17-2009, 10:31 PM
We need to start PETI (I stands for insects)!!

46zilzal
06-17-2009, 10:49 PM
You never stop with the bulls--t do you ?!?
Would be BS if it weren't true: California State University Long Beach Dr. Maxwell was my major professor and I used atomic absorption spectrophotometry to analyze the lead enriched femoral cancellous bone of chickens since they draw the majority of their calcium for eggs selectively from that bone. Found there was a one to one in vivo exchange for the positively bivalent Pb ions with the positively bivalent Calcium ions as the major detoxification mechanism of lead intoxication. Only problem is that Lead hydroxyappatite is highly acid/base labile and that burden comes flooding out in any minor shift of blood pH.

Lefty
06-17-2009, 10:54 PM
zilly, are you not intelligent enough to address the topic at hand? Is denying farmers water in order to save some sort of minnow, wacky or not. Answer this question and enough with the ramblings.

newtothegame
06-17-2009, 11:12 PM
zilly would much rather sit back and read about his thesis and admire himself.

Steve 'StatMan'
06-18-2009, 12:29 AM
:rolleyes:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20090617/US.Obama.Dead.Fly/

newtothegame
06-18-2009, 01:59 AM
:rolleyes:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20090617/US.Obama.Dead.Fly/

:lol: :lol:

Tom
06-18-2009, 07:35 AM
You never know, it could have been Vincent Price! :D

DJofSD
06-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Well, at least swatting a fly is some kind of progress.

We go from Clinton's zipping a fly to Obama's killing one.

BlueShoe
06-18-2009, 11:07 AM
many close to the few nuclear reactors would be truly glowing in the dark.

In the more than half a century since nuclear submarines were introduced into the US Navy arsenal thousands of sailors have lived and worked 24/7 within mere feet of the reactors.Not one has ever "glowed in the dark",sired two headed children,or suffered odd ailments or early demise in abnormal numbers.

Lefty
06-18-2009, 11:22 AM
since I started this thread, not one damn post (except mine) addressed the subject. :bang: :bang: :bang:

46zilzal
06-18-2009, 11:33 AM
since I started this thread, not one damn post (except mine) addressed the subject.
irrelevant then don't you think?

Lefty
06-18-2009, 11:41 AM
If I thought it was irrelevant, I wouldn't have made that last post. You are the worst offender. You can't answer a straight question. You would think a person as educated as you say you are, could answer a simple question. I guess not. sigh...

DJofSD
06-18-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2250404/posts

obama killed a fly during an interview and everyone laughed. Not so fast...
Was that an endangered fly? Did they check? Sounds nuts doesn't it, that i bring it up? Sure does. But is it anymore nuts than the wack environmentalists having water cut off water to farmers to protect a minnow, which is deemed endangered.
Comedian Paul Rodriguez, a devout dem, was complaining to Hannity on the radio, yesterday. He's beginning to see how wacko the so called environmentalist movement really is.
OK, Lefty, here's a relevant addition.

We're familiar with the out of balance approach to managing the environment here is San Diego. It's not as earth shattering as say Klamath Falls or Owens Valley.

There is a protected cove in the La Jolla deeded to the public via state law. But because the local California seals like it too, there has been an ongoing battle for decades. The result has been the public have been unable to use the cove and the childrens pool. The major problem is a health issue due to the seal excrement making the place unhealthy to swim in the water.

Here's the latest (http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jun/16/1m16seals234847-city-gains-month-delay-seal-battle/) installment. And excerpt:
In 1931, state law designated Children's Pool as a beach for human swimmers. The beach is now home to about 200 harbor seals that foul the area with their feces. Under a 2005 Superior Court ruling, the city is supposed to reduce the bacterial contamination so the site can be restored for human use.

PaceAdvantage
06-18-2009, 11:58 AM
You would think a person as educated as you say you are, could answer a simple question. I guess not. sigh...You would think a person as educated as him would also know what genetic algorithm means....and that it has nothing to do with actual horse or human genetics....lol

BlueShoe
06-18-2009, 12:01 PM
since I started this thread, not one damn post (except mine) addressed the subject. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Sure we have.We are scoffing at the wacko eco-freak types.The fact that far out groups like PETA would make such an asinine statement about the Obama fly swat is part of the topic.These fringe groups have been inpeding progress and inflicting damage for decades.We could fill pages going all the way back to the spotted owl nonsense about how extreme measures have inflicted hardships.Nothing against the Delta smelt,but the livelyhood of 35000 humans surely rates higher priority.

exactaplayer
06-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Lefty,
Them farmers have been on the public dole longer then you have been alive.
Why you picking on a little ol minnow ?;)

Warren Henry
06-18-2009, 05:51 PM
To the PETA organization. Out in the fields and woods at our farm are a multitude of chiggers and ticks that are in need of a blood meal. Perhaps you would like to take a little walk and be host for these curious little creatures. Be sure to wear tight underwear.

toetoe
06-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Famous last pre-swat words:

"Help me ... help me ..."

Steve 'StatMan'
06-18-2009, 08:15 PM
What's the last thing that goes through a fly's mind when it hits your windshield at 65 miles per hour?

Its asshole.

Valuist
06-18-2009, 11:19 PM
And here all I thought he could kill was the economy.......

BlueShoe
06-19-2009, 12:25 AM
And here all I thought he could kill was the economy.......

Now,if only he could be so brutal toward Americas real enemies-----

Lefty
06-19-2009, 11:44 AM
exata, so the plight of the farmers in question just rates a weak joke with you. Well maybe you won't be so smug when the price of vegetables goes up.

Tom
06-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Obama draws flies.
No surprise.
You pile it that high, it's bound to happen.

toetoe
06-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Aw, that King Barack --- he so fly. :jump: .