PDA

View Full Version : Tipsheet help needed.

craigbraddick
06-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi People!

I have been producing a tip sheet here at Arapahoe for $1 which gives my picks for the day. Its been pretty popular we sell about 230 over a weekend and I get a cut of it as well as the track as they supply the materials.

My tipsheet just has the name and numbers and many people have asked for a more indepth tipsheet with some form comments about each horse. Ideally, I would like to fit it on a standard 8x11 piece of paper. Does anyone have a template for such a thing?

Also, I was thinking as this involves extra work of charging $2 for the tipsheet, (the only one at the track) with some helpful and incisive form comments.

Any thoughts, suggestions and comments welcomed!

Thanks

Craig

andymays
06-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Toby Turrell puts out a tight one page sheet. I look at it for the workout comments and pay little attention to his picks. You may want to do something similar.

point given
06-16-2009, 07:12 PM
The Wizard, (michael kipness) over at Brisnet puts out a one pager, He makes comments on his picks and has a larger box at the top with his featured bet of the day with more explanation. Remember there are 2 sides also on the 8x10 sheet. Good luck

here's a sample http://www.bris.com/cgi-bin/wiz_archive.cgi

turfnsport
06-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Hey Craig,

Here are a couple of decent setups:

http://www.colonialdowns.com/racing/tipsheet

Note on Nick's you can add some advertising ($$$...lol)

InsideThePylons-MW
06-16-2009, 10:51 PM
First.....Keep the one you sell 230 of for $1 just the way it is. Most track patrons who will buy a tip sheet like and need simplicity.

If you want to expand and charge another $1, make another sheet that is like an add-on analysis sheet which goes more in-depth about each race/horse.

rokitman
06-17-2009, 07:35 AM
First.....Keep the one you sell 230 of for $1 just the way it is. Most track patrons who will buy a tip sheet like and need simplicity.

If you want to expand and charge another $1, make another sheet that is like an add-on analysis sheet which goes more in-depth about each race/horse.
Wise advice.