PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Stakes Payout

OFFandRUNNING10
06-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Was anyone else a bit disappointed with the payout for the trifecta and super? I was pretty surprised to not see the tri break $300 and the super to not surpass $900... just seems to low to me with a 25.80 horse on top and 5.40 for 2nd. When i saw the win/place/show payouts i thought for sure the exotics would pay me excellent money. however i was quite disappointed with the results i got.

anyone else feel this way? im sure im just venting, but its been bugging me alot

Rapid Grey
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Actually thought the payoffs were fairly generous. Throw out the synthetic horses, and the Zito and Lukas plodders, and it left you with four solid horses that received a lot of talk throughout the Triple Crown trail.

OFFandRUNNING10
06-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Actually thought the payoffs were fairly generous. Throw out the synthetic horses, and the Zito and Lukas plodders, and it left you with four solid horses that received a lot of talk throughout the Triple Crown trail.

but based on the odds and the win/place/show payouts i dont think the tri and super payed very well. your point seems to go more towards the win/place/show payouts because perhaps you feel 11-1 and 6-1 were underrated odds for those two.

Rapid Grey
06-15-2009, 01:04 PM
but based on the odds and the win/place/show payouts i dont think the tri and super payed very well. your point seems to go more towards the win/place/show payouts because perhaps you feel 11-1 and 6-1 were underrated odds for those two.

I don't play WPS very often so can't really explain if those payouts were short or not. As I mentioned it just seemed the super ended up being the four most logical horses, two horses (SB and Dunkirk) that skipped the Derby but had logical reasons to use in the Belmont, obviously the favorite in MTB, and the wise guy horse CM.

Think the only reason the payoffs were, imo, as large as they were was because the longest odds horse wound up on top.

fwiw, I didin't cash the tri or super....didn't use SB on top :bang:

OFFandRUNNING10
06-15-2009, 01:56 PM
yes i dont disagree with you there... the four most logical horses did come in no doubt. i just expected that with the 11-1 on top of the 6-1 for 2nd that there would have been a little more of a payout. it is what it is... like i said just venting because neither one of them payed exceptionally well at all. not often you get the combination of a 11-1 over a 6-1...was just hoping for more.

sorry to hear that you didnt cash on this one though.

Robert Fischer
06-15-2009, 04:58 PM
A lot more money on Summer Bird in the other pools than the win pool. That is what made the exotics so disappointing.
A lot of players also keyed Mine That bird 1st 2nd and 3rd

FlyinLate
06-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Summer Bird has been talked about for the Belmont since his run in the Arkansas Derby. The horse was HEAVILY used in all exotics. I'm sure plenty used the box button and that is what led to the payoffs.

MTB - The obvious people's choice
Summer Bird - The one people have been hyping for the Belmont for months.
Dunkirk - The talked about horse. Remember the FL Derby? They spent more time discussing Dunkirk's ground he made up than QR's win.

Imriledup
06-15-2009, 06:18 PM
The exotic pools are much more 'efficient' than the Win pool. The longest longshots were under 30-1. Same thing with the Preakness. The winner's win price was such good value that it makes the exotics look light.

46zilzal
06-15-2009, 07:03 PM
EXACTLY there were only four solid entries and they luckily ran 1 2 3 4

OFFandRUNNING10
06-15-2009, 10:28 PM
yea like i said... it is what it is... just a little disappointing. i am glad i at least keyed all 3 exotics to maximize my return ... oh well what else can you do

Pace Cap'n
06-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Anytime a even-money horse hits the board, the tris and supers will be on the light side.