PDA

View Full Version : Indian Blessing

cribking
06-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Hollywood Race 4 check out these show payoffs..A ton must of been bet on Indian Blessing to .

4th Race

Desert Stormer H.

Next Post 3:10 Off: 2:36 | 6 Furlongs | 3 Year Olds And Up | Stakes | Purse: $72,800

#HorseJockeyWeightWinPlaceShow8Coco BelleSmith M E11918.607.6037.606Silver SwallowGomez G K1158.2040.605She's CheekySolis A11743.60

Times in 5ths: :22 :443 :561 1:081

Times in 100ths: :22.12 :44.66 :56.29 1:08.35

Scratched: Ashley's Kitty

Also ran: Indian Blessing, Free Flying Soul, Foxy Danseur and Waveline

Winning Trainer: Sadler John W - Owner: Moss, Mr. and Mrs. Jerome S.

$1 Exacta (8-6) Paid $66.30

$2 Quinella (6-8) Paid $57.00

$1 Trifecta (8-6-5) Paid $405.20

$2 Daily Double (3-8) Paid $402.60 Daily Double Pool $28,884

$1 Pick 3 (11-3-8) 3 Correct Paid $2,154.60 Pick 3 Pool $75,689

$1 Pick 4 (8-11-3-8) 4 Correct Paid $14,447.20 Pick 4 Pool $218,771how. Finished 4th.

cribking
06-14-2009, 09:13 PM
These are the show totals

Coco Belle37 .60

Sliver Swallow 40.60

She's Cheeky 43.60

dansan
06-14-2009, 10:32 PM
that has to be a type o

showbet
06-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Hollywood Race 4 check out these show payoffs..A ton must of been bet on Indian Blessing
Of the $522,293 bet to show in that race, $484,538 (92.8% of the pool) was wagered on Indian Blessing.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4550&stc=1

boomman
06-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Of the $522,293 bet to show in that race, $484,538 (92.8% of the pool) was wagered on Indian Blessing.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4550&stc=1

92% of the pool bet on a horse that didn't hit the board? That will certainly result in some WHOPPER payouts!:D

Boomer

Bruddah
06-15-2009, 09:09 AM
I supose Indian Blessing is another to suffer from the "post trip" to Dubai. In the future, it will be another consideration before taking your horse to run on plastic in the desert. The Owners need to be sure they can at least hit the board while in Dubai.

What I don't understand is, in the past, heat has caused problems with plastic surfaces. Are the Saudis going to air condition the whole damn track, or just rip it out and start with a new surface every year? I suppose if they do that, we can look for oil price increases to cover that little expense.

Ain't Globalization of Horse Racing fun? No need for us little people (peone's) to worry about those things. The "Blue Bloods, Sheikh's and Euro's have that under control. Like they do with all the other WORLD problems. :bang:

joanied
06-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Indian Blessing did very well in Dubia...and IMO, had she not drawn that far outside post...she'd have won that race.
That aside...I agree with most of what Bruddah says...and I said it when I found out, last year, that Baffert was going over with his mare...I was affraid we wouldn't see her race again here for a very long time...it seems very few of the horses we send over there return to racing here in a timely manner...so, yes, a trainer/owner better be 100% sure his horse is going to hit the board over there...afterall, if you make that trip, you know your horse is going to take several months to get over it (with few exceptions)...so if you go, and come away empty, what good will that do you or your horses...the months you wait until your horse is back to 'normal' are months you have to wait for him/her to get back on track and earn you some paychecks...it's sorta like cutting off your nose to spite your face!!!

I also agree that 'Globalization' of horse racing is indeed to the benefit of the 'Blue Bloods', Shieks, rich Euro's... money is no object for these people, they can well afford to take a shot...
and if all Dubia has to offer now is Turf and plastic...maybe our trainers/owners will think more than twice about going over there...even if their Classic purse is 10 million $$...if your horse hates running on that stuff...well, IF it were ME...I wouldn't bother going!

On Indian Blessing getting beat Sunday...I am bummed, but not surprised...she obvioulsy hates the surface (can't blame her for that), and she needed this race...and with the fractions that were set, I'm not surprised she just got tired...of fighting a surface she didn't like, mostly...but, guess Baffert had to try her on it...now he knows and now he's sending her back East...where, IMO...at her distance...she'll regain her form and kick some ass!!

:)

socal
06-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Assuming one always bets against such a huge pool,how would one bet?
You have Gomez in a short field.100. to show.
:eek:

Bruddah
06-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Assuming one always bets against such a huge pool,how would one bet?
You have Gomez in a short field.100. to show.
:eek:

If you can count on the huge favorite to run 4th or worse it sounds like a perfect bet. :jump:

Cadillakin
06-15-2009, 02:04 PM
On Indian Blessing getting beat Sunday...I am bummed, but not surprised...she obvioulsy hates the surface (can't blame her for that), and she needed this race...and with the fractions that were set, I'm not surprised she just got tired...of fighting a surface she didn't like, mostly...but, guess Baffert had to try her on it...now he knows and now he's sending her back East...where, IMO...at her distance...she'll regain her form and kick some ass!!

IMO, it's very doubtful that the Hollypark surface itself had anything to do with her poor performance - Cushion track at Hollywood plays very much like a dirt surface. In fact, I don't recall a single trainer of standing ever bashing it. Most consider it a fair, firm surface.

If you made the same suggestion on the Polytrack or ProRide surfaces in excusing her performance, I'd tend to think you might have a point. BUT, the fact that Baffert even entered Indian Blessing in such a race indicated a question of condition.

My guess is that she will soon be retired. I doubt that Baffert will throw that exceptional filly back into the fray.

rjorio
06-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Someone took a huge hit at Hollywood Park this weekend. A moment of silence please.Meanwhile Baffert will ship Indian Blessing east ,the filly loves both Belmont and Saratoga. California's loss is New York's gain.

andymays
06-15-2009, 02:13 PM
IMO, it's very doubtful that the Hollypark surface itself had anything to do with her poor performance - Cushion track at Hollywood plays very much like a dirt surface. In fact, I don't recall a single trainer of standing ever bashing it. Most consider it a fair, firm surface.

If you made the same suggestion on the Polytrack or ProRide surfaces in excusing her performance, I'd tend to think you might have a point. BUT, the fact that Baffert even entered Indian Blessing in such a race indicated a question of condition.

My guess is that she will soon be retired. I doubt that Baffert will throw that exceptional filly back into the fray.

I agree that it wasn't the surface. Baffert had intended to run her at Churchill but she wasn't doing well there so he passed. Her works coming into the race looked good but the spot was a sign of weakness. The Dubai thing is real for some and Indian Blessing is a perfect example. I think he'll try her one more time at Saratoga.

SMOO
06-15-2009, 02:14 PM
You have to be a real idiot to bet that much to get 5% on your money when the horse had never even raced @ that track. :lol:

andymays
06-15-2009, 02:16 PM
You have to be a real idiot to bet that much to get 5% on your money when the horse had never even raced on that exact track/surface. :lol:

Add in the Dubai thing and you're right!

MickJ26
06-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Frank M. on TVG yesterday morning not only knew Indian Blessing was a play against, he also nailed the winner. I had a the exacta and $2. show on all.

Cadillakin
06-15-2009, 02:46 PM
You have to be a real idiot to bet that much to get 5% on your money when the horse had never even raced @ that track. :lol:
When I was a youngster, I took almost all of my savings and bankroll and bet $1000 to show on George Lewis, a Buster Millerick trainee. This horse had broken his maiden shading 1:09, and the other horses weren't breaking 1:10.

Easy money, right?

I bet the money while in the Del Mar Clubhouse.. and went down to the rail to watch the race.. Note that the Del Mar Club is past the finish line... so the angle that one views the race is quite different than it appears on a TV screen.. especially if one is trackside, at the rail.

"And, there they go," Henson calls out.

I'm frightened to death... If I were an old man, I would have had a heart attack right on the spot..

"And into the stretch it's George Lewis by a length, so and so is moving up fast, and here comes such and such." My heart sinks.. Im looking straight down the track as they run towards me... It looks like he is being swallowed up.. They are all passing him... I'm nearly unconscious and ready to feint... I can't even hear the announcer my senses are so overwhelmed...

Oh my God, what did I do?

As they gallop by me 50 yards after the race, I see George Lewis is in front and rider Bill Hartack is smiling.. I start gaining consciousness.. Maybe he didn't lose.. Within seconds they put his number up on the board. George Lewis won! Thank you, God! He paid $2.10 to show.

The replay showed that Hartack had him in hand the whole way and was peering over his shoulder, toying with the others, but I didn't see any of that... I saw only impending disaster..

That cured me... Going forward, any inclination that I ever had to unload on a horse was stifled by that single memory...and the paralyzing fear I felt in those few minutes..

SMOO
06-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Great story. :ThmbUp:

So what did you spend your $50 profit on? :lol:

andymays
06-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Great story. :ThmbUp:

So what did you spend your $50 profit on? :lol:

Tums antacid?

statepierback
06-15-2009, 05:35 PM
When I was a youngster, I took almost all of my savings and bankroll and bet $1000 to show on George Lewis, a Buster Millerick trainee. This horse had broken his maiden shading 1:09, and the other horses weren't breaking 1:10.

Easy money, right?

I bet the money while in the Del Mar Clubhouse.. and went down to the rail to watch the race.. Note that the Del Mar Club is past the finish line... so the angle that one views the race is quite different than it appears on a TV screen.. especially if one is trackside, at the rail.

"And, there they go," Henson calls out.

I'm frightened to death... If I were an old man, I would have had a heart attack right on the spot..

"And into the stretch it's George Lewis by a length, so and so is moving up fast, and here comes such and such." My heart sinks.. Im looking straight down the track as they run towards me... It looks like he is being swallowed up.. They are all passing him... I'm nearly unconscious and ready to feint... I can't even hear the announcer my senses are so overwhelmed...

Oh my God, what did I do?

As they gallop by me 50 yards after the race, I see George Lewis is in front and rider Bill Hartack is smiling.. I start gaining consciousness.. Maybe he didn't lose.. Within seconds they put his number up on the board. George Lewis won! Thank you, God! He paid $2.10 to show.

The replay showed that Hartack had him in hand the whole way and was peering over his shoulder, toying with the others, but I didn't see any of that... I saw only impending disaster..

That cured me... Going forward, any inclination that I ever had to unload on a horse was stifled by that single memory...and the paralyzing fear I felt in those few minutes..
I know that feeling. I was in Vegas and stuck so I put 5dimes on Memphis -2 vs Ucla in a final four matchup. I was a nervous wreck for three hours. I couldn't watch the game. My heart rate was in the 120's as I sat on a bus bench outside the Rio. I 'd walk into the bowling alley area, check the score then return to that bus bench and pray. I cashed that bet but never again. That was my cure.

joanied
06-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Tums antacid?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

joanied
06-15-2009, 05:56 PM
andymays, cadillakin, rjorio...
OK, maybe it wasn't the surface...although I read that she was slipping and couldn't get a hold of it ( my understanding is that yes, it does play more like a dirt surface)so maybe for some reason, Indian Blessing simply could not get a hold of the surface...but, I think what really did her in, and I already said this...were the fast fraction...how could she possibly be fit enough with no racing since last March to beat those fractions...but try she did...she has so much class and heart.
I'm glad Baffert is taking her to NY...to hell with CA and it's fake surfaces....and we all know that Baffert will take care with her...I do beleive he'll try her at least once more before they retire her...and if they go with sending her to the breeding shed before this eason is over...that's OK...she has given us some incredible thrills.
Did anyone notice that Indian Blessing was the only mare in that field without Lasix?

OH...anyone that bet a lot on her 'comeback' race, should know better...why would Baffert run her in a spot like that off a loooooong layoff...DUH!!

:)

Robert Fischer
06-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Indian Blessing and Kip Deville both future bet-against fan favorites that lost 1 race too soon :bang: