PDA

View Full Version : Kerrison's Column, today's Post

MickJ26
06-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Sorry, I'm not the most computer savvy to be able to post the link to the story, but, in today's NY Post, Ray Kerrison draws a lot of parallels to some high profile breakdowns and injuries to a common sire, Unbridled's Song. Wasn't Unbridled's Song owned by Ernie Paraneck?

Greyfox
06-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Sorry, I'm not the most computer savvy to be able to post the link to the story, but, in today's NY Post, Ray Kerrison draws a lot of parallels to some high profile breakdowns and injuries to a common sire, Unbridled's Song. Wasn't Unbridled's Song owned by Ernie Paraneck?

Here's the link.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06132009/sports/horseracing/track_record_of_horse_injuries_goes_beyo_174079.ht m

An interesting article. I've pasted it below.

THREE days after the Belmont Stakes wrapped up a Triple Crown -- spectacular for its shocks, charm, TV interest and safety -- the penny dropped.

Dunkirk -- the $3.7 million son of Unbridled's Song, who ran second in the Belmont -- underwent surgery for a condylar fracture of his left hind cannon bone. He came out of the Belmont with the injury. Trainer Todd Pletcher said he expected a full recovery and Dunkirk would return to racing, probably next year.

Don't bank on it.

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2009, 02:51 PM
It's amazing that after almost 10 years, people still think they can post the full text of copyrighted material here on PaceAdvantage.com....

Oh well...I will continue to edit in silence from now on....:lol:

Cat Thief
06-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Well although I don't know and it is only a feeling I feel that Dunkirk was not handled properly. He did not start racing until he was 3 and he seemed to be pushed and pushed and pushed. I don't feel he was ready for the Triple Crown races