PDA

View Full Version : headed for Arlinton park next month....suggestions?

1st time lasix
06-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Looking for a decent hotel and two restaurants in the area between the race track and Medinah where i will be playing golf. Flying in and out of O'Hare. The mapquest shows Schaumburg as a likely place to look. I see there is a Morton's. Anyone with local experience? Thanks in advance for any assistance. :ThmbUp:

SouthFlorida
06-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Looking for a decent hotel and two restaurants in the area between the race track and Medinah where i will be playing golf. Flying in and out of O'Hare. The mapquest shows Schaumburg as a likely place to look. I see there is a Morton's. Anyone with local experience? Thanks in advance for any assistance. :ThmbUp:

There is a Sheridan next door to Arlington.
There is a Morton's about 5 minutes from the track.
If you want a great Italian restaurant go to De Marcos in Itasca
www.demarcosristorante.com
If you are looking for a bar or 2 there is Jimmy D's at Wilke and NW Highway outside the track
More upscale bar there is John Barleycorns, Alumni Club or the bar at Chicago Prime.

JeremyJet
06-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Schaumburg has plenty of hotels to choose from and restaurants as well. That's probably the way to go since it's not that far at all from Arlington.

But if you want to be real close to the track, there's a nice Sheraton hotel right next door to Arlington Park. You could stay there and hop on 53 and find a place to eat in Schaumburg.

Bring a jacket since it feels like October out here right now. I'm not sure if it will ever warm up.

Regards,

JeremyJet

miesque
06-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I stay at the Embassy Suites Schaumberg which I prefer over the Doubletree by the track, the rates are rather reasonable and they have a shuttle which will drop you off and pick you up at the track. In addition, if you enjoy French cuisine, Le Titi de Paris in Arlington Heights is a great choice for one of the evenings you are in town with great food, service and the prices are quite reasonable for the level of food and service.

MNslappy
06-11-2009, 03:47 PM
mmm, Jessica Pacheco

have fun :cool:

jballscalls
06-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Jimmy D's afterwards is the place to go!

1st time lasix
06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Jimmy D's afterwards is the place to go! Where is it located. Always want to visit the best local watering hole....and get a memorable dinner even if it involves going to more than one place!

JeremyJet
06-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Where is it located. Always want to visit the best local watering hole....and get a memorable dinner even if it involves going to more than one place!

Right outside the main entrance. Corner of NW Highway & Wilke.

Regards,

JeremyJet

jballscalls
06-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Right outside the main entrance. Corner of NW Highway & Wilke.

Regards,

JeremyJet

Yeah, its basically kitty corner from the 1/4 pole. Dooley and many of the jockeys and trainers go there after the races

ddog
06-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Last several times I have been there I have stayed at the Courtyard on American Ave 1311.
It's right by the mall and the Weber Grill also the spots mentioned are good.
Also we always hit
Pappadeaux
798 W. Algonquin Rd.
Arlington Heights, Il 60005
(847) 228-9551

Always had a good experience there.

The Sheraton is a dump anymore and if you are not carefull you will have to put up with a bunch of snotty brats running all over the place. Water park,etc.

No better track to go for racing if you catch some decent weather.

I was up there a couple of weeks ago and other than Monday, the weather was good.

You will have a great time.

tribecaagent
06-11-2009, 06:42 PM
mmm, Jessica Pacheco

have fun :cool:

Jessica Pacheco has a lot of ground to make up against Miesque. Trust me.

alhattab
06-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Jimmy D's afterwards is the place to go!

What do you make of Peggy Kinnane's in Arl Heights? I was there for the Million one year and went for an Irish breakfast Sunday morning before the races. Great breakfast and best Bloody Mary I've ever had. Worth a stop for 1st Time Lasix?

Imriledup
06-11-2009, 10:26 PM
http://www.arlingtonpark.com/sites/arlingtonpark.com/files/imagecache/node_page/sites/arlingtonpark.com/files/Pacheco_J_crop_web.jpg (http://www.arlingtonpark.com/sites/arlingtonpark.com/files/imagecache/thickbox_fullsize/sites/arlingtonpark.com/files/Pacheco_J_crop_web.jpg)

1st time lasix
07-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Staying in Shaumburg. Will go to Morton's or recommended De Marcos Italian upon arrival. Playing golf at Medinah CC on Friday morning....late friday post is perfect at Arlington. Arranged for outside box on Friday. Also understand there is a Miller Lite sponsored blues band playing. Hope to see Jimmy D's or one of the the other colorful bars mentioned. On Saturday will experience "breakfast at Arlington" before the Million preview Day. Trying to work out arrangements for the Million Room suite. Catch a flight home late Sat night. All i need is good weather....and some handicapping luck. Thanks

Black Ruby
07-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I like to stay downtown and just take the train ride to and from the track. We're staying by the Pier, and will be appearing at Carmine's to watch Chicago get off work Friday afternoon (after a few rounds at Miller's) and an appearance at Shaw's Crab House after the races Saturday.