PDA

View Full Version : Desormeaux bookending the decade

FenceBored
06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
I've been looking at the results of the TC races for the decade just ended (2000-2009), and this jumped out.

Kent Desormeaux was the winning jockey of the first Triple Crown race of the decade (the Kentucky Derby of 2000) and the last TC race of the decade (the Belmont Stakes of 2009).

Kent also seems to be the winningest jockey of Triple Crown races during this decade with 4 (2 Derbys, 1 Preakness, 1 Belmont).

Imriledup
06-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Great stuff. Very interesting.

Wow, i never realized the decade is already almost over. Geez, we're getting old. I remember people were looking up in the skies for planes to fall on Jan 1, 2000 and here we are, almost 10 years later.

Where does all the time go?

BUD
06-11-2009, 07:31 PM
That is way cool--Now I'm talking like a civillian-
Hoesty I really enjoy facts like that it make for great trivia--Also What was said--Where does the time go???:confused:
2000 Newly divorced spent New Years In The Ghetto of some time--When My Profession Came out--Thought I'd be killed--Probably 100K Street Val of Drugs there-----Where Does the Time Go---I'm truly Happy For Mr Kent D---Speaking of 10 years--That 10 year TVG thing Looks very interesting--Especially to think I came into the TVG Picture and Horse Picture @ year 8--