PDA

View Full Version : 6/10....Think I will lose my shoe tonite...

LottaKash
06-10-2009, 04:16 AM
In tonite's Big-M's "Survivor Contest", I think I will lose my "lucky shoe"..

In the 2-race, 1st-leg, the "on paper choice" #7 Armbro Dane is so obvious that even the rookiest of rookies will tab that one....And, that is what bothers me, as this horse is capable of making a fistul of kash vs. better than these, so why the drop ?.....very suspicious...

The other two legs the 5th & 9th races, are the kind of races I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole....And, that scares me, as I always have an opinon in almost every race, yet in these two races, I have none.....For every 1 positive each horse may have ,there are 2 to the negative...

Good luck "survivors", I think I will let my grandaughter do the picking tonite...:jump:

best,

Ray2000
06-10-2009, 05:10 AM
1:49 pacer for 10,000 bucks, better look under the blinker hood:lol:

I hate this card tonight as much as you... best of luck John, and to all others

Sea Biscuit
06-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Hey Johnny Make sure he comes in the post parade with all of his four legs

Best:jump::jump::jump:

Sea Biscuit.

LottaKash
06-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Good luck to you guys, Ray and Biscuit, as well as all the other survivors....

I guess in the Yin & the Yang of horsrse-race handicapping, this is the "Yang" part of it....

It will probably give some of the slower starters a chance to get back into the hunt...I predict some big-balloons in these races tonite...I hope I can be lucky enough to catch one of em.....Ok, just make in-the-money.......

My grandaughter said no to her selecting the horses for me, so I guess I will get the old dart board out again, today.......:rolleyes:

best,

freddyblu22
06-10-2009, 01:12 PM
In tonite's Big-M's "Survivor Contest", I think I will lose my "lucky shoe"..

In the 2-race, 1st-leg, the "on paper choice" #7 Armbro Dane is so obvious that even the rookiest of rookies will tab that one....And, that is what bothers me, as this horse is capable of making a fistul of kash vs. better than these, so why the drop ?.....very suspicious...

best,

well, lets just be clear.. just because he has a mark of 1:49 last year, doesnt mean he is a "1:49 pacer." and i respectfully disagree - this horse is NOT capable of making a fistful of cash versus better than these.. maybe he'd make a good 12,500K claimer at Chester or so, but he just doesnt have the stamina anymore to make it against better at the meadowlands.. that being said, he "should" still be able to win tonight, but im playing against him..

justin13892002
06-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey Freddy. Thanks for the complimentary selections for the Big M this evening. Will be playing along. Good Luck.

camluck49
06-10-2009, 05:02 PM
im using all 3 sears horses, good luck to all.

LottaKash
06-10-2009, 05:41 PM
well, lets just be clear.. just because he has a mark of 1:49 last year, doesnt mean he is a "1:49 pacer." and i respectfully disagree - this horse is NOT capable of making a fistful of cash versus better than these.. maybe he'd make a good 12,500K claimer at Chester or so, but he just doesnt have the stamina anymore to make it against better at the meadowlands.. that being said, he "should" still be able to win tonight, but im playing against him..

Freddy, that is what I said...As of now off of his last race (provided he came out of that one ok) it was good enough for him to stay in the $15K's (imo), and if he could keep getting checks with the 15's why the dump in class, unless he has some physical issues and the dump in class is really a dump....Still, on paper, it is hard to get past him... btw, I didn't bring up the 1:49 thing.....

I have a problem with the fitness issue....that was the point of my remarks about him....And, if he were to maintain his fitness, he would certainly make some kash in the 15's...This guy was running competively in the 30K's earlier in the year, and he earned $72K in the process last year....YOu don't think if he was fast and fit, that he couldn't approach that again ? Still, his stamina and fitness IS at issue... Fitness, that's all.....for me....

That is what makes this contest so hard for me with the 3-offered races tonite....This guy Armrbro Dane from a classical style of handicapping looks to be the only safe one to get an in the money finish....The other two races are two very hard head scratchers for me....I am lost tonite....

I am a spot player, and these 3-race types and makeup would never be where I would look for my spots.....I am in a bad place with the races offered...

Poor, Poor Johnny.........:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

best.

camluck49
06-10-2009, 10:55 PM
bye bye shoe :bang: :bang:

LottaKash
06-10-2009, 11:15 PM
bye bye shoe :bang: :bang:

Sorry about your shoe CAM...at least you are still in it....

I lucked out tonite, I had the chalk winner in the first race, and just came up short for the win at the wire with the 7/1 place hoss, in the final leg

Tom'w looks like more of the same torture as tonite, that's just at first glance tho....We'll see....

Good luck all "Survivors".......

best,

freddyblu22
06-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Freddy, that is what I said...As of now off of his last race (provided he came out of that one ok) it was good enough for him to stay in the $15K's (imo), and if he could keep getting checks with the 15's why the dump in class, unless he has some physical issues and the dump in class is really a dump....Still, on paper, it is hard to get past him... btw, I didn't bring up the 1:49 thing.....

I have a problem with the fitness issue....that was the point of my remarks about him....And, if he were to maintain his fitness, he would certainly make some kash in the 15's...This guy was running competively in the 30K's earlier in the year, and he earned $72K in the process last year....YOu don't think if he was fast and fit, that he couldn't approach that again ? Still, his stamina and fitness IS at issue... Fitness, that's all.....for me....

That is what makes this contest so hard for me with the 3-offered races tonite....This guy Armrbro Dane from a classical style of handicapping looks to be the only safe one to get an in the money finish....The other two races are two very hard head scratchers for me....I am lost tonite....

I am a spot player, and these 3-race types and makeup would never be where I would look for my spots.....I am in a bad place with the races offered...

Poor, Poor Johnny.........:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

best.

Nice call last night with Armbro Dane, race was never in doubt. Despite whatever issues he may have; class showed.

After 2 awful survival horses, June's Sunny Boy came through for me late in the night.

LottaKash
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Nice call last night with Armbro Dane, race was never in doubt. Despite whatever issues he may have; class showed.

After 2 awful survival horses, June's Sunny Boy came through for me late in the night.

Good one for you too...FreddyBlu...I was watchin for you...Glad you passed and kept your shoe too....You're right up there Bro', I just know that you'll pass some of those luckier ones...

I liked your hoss as well, except for the stale date, and that is what kept me off of that one....Still, my 7/1 almost gotcha, but in the end he wasn't the measure of him....

My, wasn't there was a stong front-end last nite ?..

Luck to all "Survivors"...Gonna be another long nite tonite, for me...

best,

toetoe
06-11-2009, 12:43 PM
I had Frank Antonacci, thinking he would switch to a real driver. He didn't, but he got second anyway. :faint:

LottaKash
06-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I had Frank Antonacci, thinking he would switch to a real driver. He didn't, but he got second anyway. :faint:

Hey Toe, the jury is still out on Antonacci...I think he bears much watching, as his current win % is like 23, altho lightly raced, he seems more accomplished to me that one would think.....He always surprises me with his skill in driving..

Last year, I mentioned that Andrew McCarthy was a newer driver that bore further watching....Lately Mccarthy has come into his own, and is now getting the live-drives that his skills have earned him....He has been bringing some really nice ones home lately....I like his driving style, as he is not content to sit and not do much, and he can become very aggressive and contentious when he has a live-drive...I personally, do not have any reservations or hesitations on putting my money down on a well qualified contender that he may be driving....

Same with Antonacci, he may become the real deal, and when he has the hoss, he drives accordingly....We'll see, there is this metamorphosis that must take place before the sucess's come...

best,

toetoe
06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Willing to stipulate as to my presumptuous cynicism, Your Honor.

Incompetent, irrelevant and immaterial. :blush: .

LottaKash
06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Willing to stipulate as to my presumptuous cynicism, Your Honor.

Incompetent, irrelevant and immaterial. :blush: .

Say What ???