PDA

View Full Version : The report of the death of the Republican Party

rastajenk
06-08-2009, 11:07 PM
seems to have been exaggeration.

More people trust R's than D's on economic issues (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/trust_on_issues/trust_on_issues)

and

R's take control of New York state senate. (http://www.nypost.com/seven/06082009/news/regionalnews/gop_takes_control_of_state_senate_173215.htm) New York! Of all places.

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Not only that...new gallop poll puts Cheney and Pelosi on equal ground when it comes to favorable opinion....who woulda thunk it?

DrugS
06-09-2009, 07:52 AM
See what pandering to the gays can do for unpopular republicans!

Cangamble
06-09-2009, 08:29 AM

More people trust R's than D's on economic issues (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/trust_on_issues/trust_on_issues)

and

R's take control of New York state senate. (http://www.nypost.com/seven/06082009/news/regionalnews/gop_takes_control_of_state_senate_173215.htm) New York! Of all places.
Republicans should stick to economic and foreign issues. That is what governments are supposed to stick with. But no, they have to get into the blurring of separation of church and state nonsense which makes the GOP a fading dinosaur.

JustRalph
06-09-2009, 08:42 AM
The Repubs have discovered the one way to expose the Dems/Libs

Allowing them to govern ............... worked in Europe........it will work here.

I said this in 2004.......because I thought they would win ............at least we wouldn't be putting up with the Messiah...........

ddog
06-09-2009, 08:57 AM

and

Why New York of all places...???
Didn't they "control" it for like the last 40 years?

:D

ddog
06-09-2009, 09:10 AM
The only Senate more corrupt and comical than the US is the NY senate from what I have seen over the years.

No self-respecting criminal ,,,err poll should want to control it other than for the purpose of disbanding it.

As to "trusting" on economic issues - the dopes in this country couldn't be more clueless on these issues , as demonstrated by recent past events, and that seems to be by design of both the idiot parties and their sad sack hangers-on.

That "trust" polls above ZERO on any question concerning either of these slime parties has to be a joke or must show a dope like population being polled.
Are they polling in institutions for the mentally deranged, one can only hope.

:lol:

ArlJim78
06-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Republicans should stick to economic and foreign issues. That is what governments are supposed to stick with. But no, they have to get into the blurring of separation of church and state nonsense which makes the GOP a fading dinosaur.

you mean like when a president gives a speech to a religion where he talks about the US partnering with that religion?

Cangamble
06-09-2009, 09:51 AM
you mean like when a president gives a speech to a religion where he talks about the US partnering with that religion?
I was all over that speech on other message boards. I totally disagree with Obama's speech. And to be honest, he threw non believers under the bus.

I am also critical of the non believer's internet community's submissiveness when it came to that speech. Had Bush made the same exact speech (minus talking about his Muslim roots of course), the Liberal blogosphere would have fried him.

Hypocrisy is all over the place. All political parties show it.

But these were just words, and in no way do they look like laws that will affect the American people in any way. The problem with the GOP is that they push religious issues into their platforms.

boxcar
06-09-2009, 11:27 AM

But these were just words, and in no way do they look like laws that will affect the American people in any way.

Ahh...what a relief. Words mean nothing at all. :rolleyes: And how exceptionally well BO has proven this when comparing his pre-election words with post election words and actions.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
06-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I was all over that speech on other message boards. I totally disagree with Obama's speech. And to be honest, he threw non believers under the bus.

I am also critical of the non believer's internet community's submissiveness when it came to that speech. Had Bush made the same exact speech (minus talking about his Muslim roots of course), the Liberal blogosphere would have fried him.

But these were just words, and in no way do they look like laws that will affect the American people in any way. The problem with the GOP is that they push religious issues into their platforms.
I agree with the first part of your post. I personally don't want religion and politics mixed together.

I'm not so sure about the second part however. we'll see what happens. I did note that on the very day he gave that speech the DOJ released a statement (http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/speeches/2009/ag-speech-090604.html) that singled out Muslim Americans. I found this disturbing;

""The President's pledge for a new beginning between the United States and the Muslim community takes root here in the Justice Department where we are committed to using criminal and civil rights laws to protect Muslim Americans. A top priority of this Justice Department is a return to robust civil rights enforcement and outreach in defending religious freedoms and other fundamental rights of all of our fellow citizens in the workplace, in the housing market, in our schools and in the voting booth."

ddog
06-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I will let Mr Karl speak for me on this goofy notion:

"Republicans should stick to economic and foreign issues"

From Mr D .................

June 9 (Bloomberg) -- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said President Barack Obama’s plan to fix the economy through stimulus spending and government intervention to boost companies like General Motors Corp. has “already failed.”

And this is distinct from threatening Congress with "martial law" and managing to steal $700 billion for a "revolving charge card" in 2008, along with Paulson's bone-smoking games with Donaldson of the SEC in 2004, exactly how?

Let us not forget this essential fact:

But for the actions of Henry Paulson before the SEC in 2004, specifically, the lobbying he personally engaged in that led to the removal of broker/dealer leverage limits that formerly constrained investment banks to 12:1 gearing, neither Bear Stearns or Lehman, both of whom were covered by the former limit, would have failed.

Had Henry Paulson not been able to "save" his former employer Goldman by siphoning more than $13 billion through AIG, and more than $100 billion in total, to cover bets Goldman made to "hedge" which Goldman either knew or should have known AIG did not have the capital to back, Goldman might have also blown up along side Lehman and Bear Stearns!

Gingrich is 100% full of crap blaming Democrats for this and trying to deflect attention from his own party's outrageous and radical failures in this regard.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said Obama has a “radical agenda.” Republicans have “watched them take over banks, insurance companies, auto companies,” he said, “and now they want to take over your health care.”

As distinct from the bailout of GM and Chrysler that happened by the Republican Treasury Department during George Bush's Presidency, along with the guaranteeing or otherwise backstopping of nearly $10 trillion in bad paper by your Treasury department and Fed during the Bush Presidency?

and this , which is right on ........

In short, The Republican Party has become the party of fraud and abuse.

That, Mr. Gingrich, is why Republicans lost in November.

If I'm going to get bent over the table I will always choose the guy who tells me up front he's going to do it so I have time to assume the position and get ready for the assault, as opposed to being randomly and repeatedly raped by those who run on a platform of "conservatism" when in fact their policies amount to raw theft and fraud from The American Taxpayer for the benefit of those who generate the largest amount of bribes, er, "campaign contributions."

Go %#@^ yourself (perform an anatomically-impossible act) Mr. Gringrich.

Oh, and don't call me again looking for money. I'll simply repeat what I wrote here, and be none-too-polite about it. :ThmbUp:

Disclosure: I'm a lifelong Republican but I cannot vote for a party that practices and supports "in your face" theft, fraud, and financial rape

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/

NJ Stinks
06-09-2009, 01:07 PM
I had high hopes when I read the the title of this thread. :mad:

:lol:

Hank
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM

June 9 (Bloomberg) -- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said President Barack Obama’s plan to fix the economy through stimulus spending and government intervention to boost companies like General Motors Corp. has “already failed.”

And this is distinct from threatening Congress with "martial law" and managing to steal $700 billion for a "revolving charge card" in 2008, along with Paulson's bone-smoking games with Donaldson of the SEC in 2004, exactly how?

But for the actions of Henry Paulson before the SEC in 2004, specifically, the lobbying he personally engaged in that led to the removal of broker/dealer leverage limits that formerly constrained investment banks to 12:1 gearing, neither Bear Stearns or Lehman, both of whom were covered by the former limit, would have failed.

Had Henry Paulson not been able to "save" his former employer Goldman by siphoning more than $13 billion through AIG, and more than $100 billion in total, to cover bets Goldman made to "hedge" which Goldman either knew or should have known AIG did not have the capital to back, Goldman might have also blown up along side Lehman and Bear Stearns!

Gingrich is 100% full of crap blaming Democrats for this and trying to deflect attention from his own party's outrageous and radical failures in this regard.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said Obama has a “radical agenda.” Republicans have “watched them take over banks, insurance companies, auto companies,” he said, “and now they want to take over your health care.”

As distinct from the bailout of GM and Chrysler that happened by the Republican Treasury Department during George Bush's Presidency, along with the guaranteeing or otherwise backstopping of nearly $10 trillion in bad paper by your Treasury department and Fed during the Bush Presidency?

If I'm going to get bent over the table I will always choose the guy who tells me up front he's going to do it so I have time to assume the position and get ready for the assault, as opposed to being randomly and repeatedly raped by those who run on a platform of "conservatism" when in fact their policies amount to raw theft and fraud from The American Taxpayer for the benefit of those who generate the largest amount of bribes, er, "campaign contributions."

Oh, and don't call me again looking for money. I'll simply repeat what I wrote here, and be none-too-polite about it. :ThmbUp:

Disclosure: I'm a lifelong Republican but I cannot vote for a party that practices and supports "in your face" theft, fraud, and financial rape

Bingo! You are hot today Dog:ThmbUp:

Tom
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
NYS Senate - taken over by Repubs yesterday. Two dems crossed over and voted to change leadership, along with sweeping reforms in the whole structure of how stuff is done there...for the better.

ArlJim78
06-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Gingrich was blaming Obama for the stimulus failure and the GM takeover, not for TARP and whatever else Paulson and his cronies did on behalf of GS.

Bush did what Obama wanted, and kept GM/Chrysler alive for three months. They wanted to do the real fixing on their own watch. In the last month of his presidency, what really were his choices?

you think both parties are the same? fine. But I find way more fiscal conservatives on the Repubican side, and those are the people I support. By contrast, there are none on the democratic side. good look with that.

46zilzal
06-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Repugs: pissed off 50+ white men upset that they are part of anything but their OWN bank account. Want to have guns and point them at the rest of the world daily and set some moral high ground (which of course in all of these huge corporate collapses don't relate to them)....CLOWNS always have been.

I have sadly seen so many of my colleagues degenerate into that persona.

Mind you the flip side of the coin is not much better but it is different.

ddog
06-09-2009, 05:09 PM
NYS Senate - taken over by Repubs yesterday. Two dems crossed over and voted to change leadership, along with sweeping reforms in the whole structure of how stuff is done there...for the better.

they were pugs before they were dims before the were pugs again... :lol:

that's "reform" for ya!!!!

If you believe that reform , well i would have a bridge to sell ya, but if you believe that "reform" you ain't got no cash anyway.

the only thing that doesn't change is that most of the members and both of those clowns are stone liars and crooks and will be convicted if they have not already.

Ny - the psuedo senate.

It's where polls go to get OTJ training in corruption.

all they need is ankle braclets.

sweeping reforms - that's a good one -- YES YES , we CAN!

the only sweeping that needs done is a clean sweep of the whole sorry lot into the trash bin.

ddog
06-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Gingrich was blaming Obama for the stimulus failure and the GM takeover, not for TARP and whatever else Paulson and his cronies did on behalf of GS.

Bush did what Obama wanted, and kept GM/Chrysler alive for three months. They wanted to do the real fixing on their own watch. In the last month of his presidency, what really were his choices?

you think both parties are the same? fine. But I find way more fiscal conservatives on the Repubican side, and those are the people I support. By contrast, there are none on the democratic side. good look with that.

of course you are wrong, there are some on the DIm side.

On the pug side, what's that got ya for the last 10-15 years??
NOTHING that's what.

The tooth fairy wasn't wasting all this cash over the Bush years!

To believe there is more than a dimes worth of diff among them is to be a DUPE.

They have proven over and over and over that both need to be killed off.

Any good people that may come into their path will be corrupted by the "mainstream leaders".

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Repugs: pissed off 50+ white menRacist.

46zilzal
06-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Racist.
One cannot be racist about one's own group.

46zilzal
06-10-2009, 11:54 AM
WASHINGTON (CNN) – As the Republican Party struggles to regain its footing following the November elections, a new survey shows that a majority of adult Americans sees no clear leader for the minority political party.

Even more problematic for the GOP is that one-third of Republicans hold an unfavorable view of their party, according to the USA Today/Gallup poll.

When it comes to naming a “main person” who speaks for the GOP, 52 percent of Americans were unable to do so.

Marshall Bennett
06-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Even more problematic for the GOP is that one-third of Republicans hold an unfavorable view of their party, according to the USA Today/Gallup poll.

Lets see after 4 years of the current leadership if more than a third of democrats won't feel the same about their party . Of course whether they express it or not may be another matter . I would imagine that many feel that way now .

lamboguy
06-10-2009, 12:24 PM
don't worry about the republican party. all they have to do is blame everyone else but themselves, they will win every single election that way!

Tom
06-10-2009, 12:37 PM
No, all they have to do is point out the performance of Broke Obama and the Dems. And look at their paychecks to see the new tax bites, if indeed they have a paycheck.

ArlJim78
06-10-2009, 12:39 PM
why not? it worked for Democrats. They've already said that they're going to run against Bush again in 2010.

BenDiesel26
06-10-2009, 12:58 PM
People are not satisfied with either party. Since Obama took office 5 months ago, the Democratic Party has lost more members than the Republican Party, moving from 39% to 33% and Independents have grown faster than ever. People identifying themselves as Independent now form the largest 'political party' in the country, a group that is mainly fiscally conservative and against Obama's economic policies (as over half the country is) and leans more socially liberal against the Republicans. Independents have moved from 30% to 39% of the population, holding the top spot for the first time ever.

lamboguy
06-10-2009, 01:03 PM
People are not satisfied with either party. Since Obama took office 5 months ago, the Democratic Party has lost more members than the Republican Party, moving from 39% to 33% and Independents have grown faster than ever. People identifying themselves as Independent now form the largest 'political party' in the country, a group that is mainly fiscally conservative and against Obama's economic policies (as over half the country is) and leans more socially liberal against the Republicans. Independents have moved from 30% to 39% of the population, holding the top spot for the first time ever.now that is pretty sharp. they can put up a guy and run against both obama and bush.

they couldn't possibly miss

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2009, 10:18 PM
One cannot be racist about one's own group.A racist comment is a racist comment...

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2009, 10:21 PM
now that is pretty sharp. they can put up a guy and run against both obama and bush.Bush???

ArlJim78
06-10-2009, 10:22 PM
2010 will be a landslide election for Republicans, I fully expect them to take the house back.

Rookies
06-11-2009, 06:15 PM
2010 will be a landslide election for Republicans, I fully expect them to take the house back.

The right will need a leader real soon to lead any con charge. Haven't seen one that would turn any "landslide" change of public opinion.
Landslide ? WHFO. Not gonna happen, especially with the change of demographics. But, there are so many balls in the air now, that Obama needs the big ones to not go snake eyes.

wisconsin
06-11-2009, 06:29 PM

There will be enough sentiment from the ever-growing independents to make this a reality.

Tom
06-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Here's a poll from XM Radio about Obama........

mostpost
06-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Here's a poll from XM Radio about Obama........

Are you SIRIUS?

newtothegame
06-12-2009, 05:06 AM
The right will need a leader real soon to lead any con charge. Haven't seen one that would turn any "landslide" change of public opinion.
Landslide ? WHFO. Not gonna happen, especially with the change of demographics. But, there are so many balls in the air now, that Obama needs the big ones to not go snake eyes.

Very Unrealistic, and I may catch some flack for this...but I personally wish Joe Scarborough would run. Young....conservative...in your face....realistic guy.

Tom
06-12-2009, 07:35 AM
I am not so sure Joe is really a conservative, from the little I have heard from him. Triggered a Colin Powell red light for me.

newtothegame
06-12-2009, 08:02 AM
I am not so sure Joe is really a conservative, from the little I have heard from him. Triggered a Colin Powell red light for me.

He has a new book ouot I plan on reading...then I guess I will have a better understanding of him and his thought process. Although I do like his morning show.

ArlJim78
06-12-2009, 08:33 AM
no one "leader" will be required. The Obama debacle will have people running for the hills seeking relief from this madness.

ArlJim78
06-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Very Unrealistic, and I may catch some flack for this...but I personally wish Joe Scarborough would run. Young....conservative...in your face....realistic guy.
too wishy washy and too tainted by his work on MSNBC.

fast4522
06-14-2009, 03:44 PM
ArlJim78

vCash: 100

I sure hope you are correct Jim, but believe the electorate will side with the candidate most likely to stay the hell out of its back yard, so the real question is if the Democrats will stay out of our front pocket prior to that election.