PDA

View Full Version : Note to self for next year....

WinterTriangle
06-08-2009, 07:23 PM
The Belmont is a race for NY-based entities: Belmont jocks, BM horses, and progeny of BM horses.

I have to remember this :bang:

Less handicapping for me next year. :jump:

joanied
06-09-2009, 03:06 PM
The Belmont is a race for NY-based entities: Belmont jocks, BM horses, and progeny of BM horses.

I have to remember this :bang:

Less handicapping for me next year. :jump:

:D WT.... don't beat up on yourself...happens to everyone:eek: ....
IMO, and I posted this somewhere...Woolley made a huge boo-boo keeping MTB in KY. Should shipped to NY at least a week out...and I gave Ice a pat on the back for having the good sense to have SB there all those weeks.....I just didn't have the good sense to pick him over MTB...my bad:blush:

Anyway....unless you are betting the perverbial farm...it's all about having :jump: :jump: :jump: fun anyway :)

JustRalph
06-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I am starting agree with Wayne Lukas.........

Nobody cares about a mile and 1/2 horse anymore.

I know I don't............... unless it is a grade 3 or better and on turf

each year the Preakness gets harder and harder to make any money on.

The Belmont swings from one extreme to the other..........

Without decent personalities I don't think many pay attention to it

LottaKash
06-10-2009, 11:37 AM
It is a One Mile and a Half Race ....

None of these 3-yr olds have any history of it, none, so I ask , how can some people be so confident and opinionated in their appraisals and disappointments in the running and the outcomes of this annual event ?

best,

SMOO
06-10-2009, 01:12 PM
It is a One Mile and a Half Race ....

None of these 3-yr olds have any history of it, none, so I ask , how can some people be so confident and opinionated in their appraisals and disappointments in the running and the outcomes of this annual event ?

best,

True, my ROI on 6F dirt IS much better than on 12F dirt. :lol:

joanied
06-10-2009, 02:01 PM
You guys are prob'ly gonna bash me for this:eek: ...but...you can't change the distance of a race, especially a 'classic' just to help the handicappers...and that is how your post/posts sound to me...that the 1 1/2 mile race is too difficult to handicap.
Sorry:)

pktruckdriver
06-10-2009, 05:18 PM
I think The Belmont is not that hard to Handicap, and 12f does niot make it

harder, only for the hoirses running it, especially after running 2 other races in 5

weeks, few of them win this race, but look at who does, nuff said.

patrick