PDA

View Full Version : Tracknet to get TVG exclusive tracks

FenceBored
06-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Bloodhorse story on a deal between TVG and Tracknet to give Twinspires and Xpressbet access to TVG exclusive tracks, removing the last major hurdle to sharing between the two 500lb gorillas.

“Our exclusive tracks will now accept wagers from two of the other large ADWs in the United States, which is good for the overall health of the sport,” said Gerard Cunningham, president of Betfair US, which purchased TVG earlier this year. “Ensuring increased wagering handle for racetracks should result in larger race purses, which will encourage greater ownership and make the sport more engaging for bettors.”
-- http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/51164/adw-content-sharing-continues-to-expand

I don't know if the prior ownership of TVG had started negotiations, or Betfair came in and got right to it, but good for whoever finally got this settled.

lamboguy
06-08-2009, 11:23 PM
any idea what that does to UBET?

Wickel
06-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Or to BetPad?

FenceBored
06-09-2009, 07:54 AM
any idea what that does to UBET?

In what way? Youbet already had access deals with both sides.

lamboguy
06-09-2009, 09:44 AM
In what way? Youbet already had access deals with both sides.i know that UBET has to pay a content fee to TVG. it sounds to me like expressbet and twinspires don't. that would mean a big difference in what these company's can rebate their customer's. it sounds like twinspire's and expressbet can give back more to their players.

Cangamble
06-09-2009, 09:55 AM
it sounds like twinspire's and expressbet can give back more to their players.
No need to worry, they won't.:)

andicap
06-11-2009, 07:25 PM
It would be hard for me to believe that You Bet doesn't have a Most Favored Nation clause in its TVG contracts.

NoCal Boy
06-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Youbet is just fine with the track content. Per recent PR's, the handle at Youbet is growing at a faster rate than the other national ADWs. They are rolling right now and have finally shored up their customer service issues from a few years back. Focused management is doing the job.