PDA

View Full Version : DQ'd three times in one day

showbet
06-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Anyone ever been disqualified out of three (what would have been) winning bets in a single day? That happened to me yesterday, for the first time ever.

Saratoga Harness 1st race - I bet Alberts Fan (#2) to show. He finished third, but was disqualified to last for interfering with #1 (who finished last) in the first turn.

Yavapi Downs 1st race - I bet Phone Analyst (#2) to place and show. She finished second, but was disqualifed to third for interfering with the third place finisher (#3) near the sixteenth pole. I collected on the show part of the wager, but it was only $2.40, so I lost money on the bet.

Canterbury Downs 9th race - I bet Alibi Jonnie (#6) to show. He finished second, but was disqualified to last for lugging in and crowding the horses inside of him. (This was a quarterhorse race.)

So, I was DQ'd in a harness race, a thoroughbred race, and a quarterhorse race. Despite the bad luck, I managed to make a profit for the day.

lamboguy
06-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Anyone ever been disqualified out of three (what would have been) winning bets in a single day? That happened to me yesterday, for the first time ever.

Saratoga Harness 1st race - I bet Alberts Fan (#2) to show. He finished third, but was disqualified to last for interfering with #1 (who finished last) in the first turn.

Yavapi Downs 1st race - I bet Phone Analyst (#2) to place and show. She finished second, but was disqualifed to third for interfering with the third place finisher (#3) near the sixteenth pole. I collected on the show part of the wager, but it was only $2.40, so I lost money on the bet.

Canterbury Downs 9th race - I bet Alibi Jonnie (#6) to show. He finished second, but was disqualified to last for lugging in and crowding the horses inside of him. (This was a quarterhorse race.)

So, I was DQ'd in a harness race, a thoroughbred race, and a quarterhorse race. Despite the bad luck, I managed to make a profit for the day.you have just broke a record. i remember once having 2 dq's and 2 falloff's in one day.

i do feel your pain though!

i hope you hit it out of the park today

BIG HIT
06-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Stand proud and yes your in exclusive group for sure.I would have lost for sure thinking hoof god's are against me lol.But you won and that say a lot about you all positive thank's for shareing

andymays
06-08-2009, 10:28 AM
A Triple Crown of sorts!

As a guy who was once disqualified when the Jockey weighed out light you have my sympathy. In spite of the Bad Luck you still won the battle for the day. Good for You!

Robert Goren
06-08-2009, 10:41 AM
One time I had a horse involved in a dead heat. There was a claim of foul against the other horse. When they looked at the film they determined that my horse caused the problem and took him down. This happened over 40 years ago and I still get mad every time I think about it.

OTM Al
06-08-2009, 01:27 PM
That's some pretty tough luck. Worst I ever had was during one of the old NYRA showdown contests. The remaining players were getting pretty few and I thought I had a good one to advance me. He made a wide move about to strike the front coming out of the turn and had all four feet go out from under him. He was fine and so was the jock, but my chance for glory went sliding down in the Aqueduct dirt.

Dave Schwartz
06-08-2009, 04:31 PM
WOrst experience I ever had was getting taken down two races in a row WITH THE SAME JOECKY!

From an old post of mine on PA:

I had taken en entire Hol Park meeting off from work so I could play everyday in the early '80s. (Don't know how I survived because it was not a profitable endeavor back then.)

One day I played a horse ridden by Bill Winland when he was an apprentice in the 7th race. He has a game horse and is in the race through the long Hollywood stretch run. The two horses battle, and Winland goes to the whip early. Every time he hits the horse, it surges to the front. When he stops whipping him the horse begins to quit. No joke - the lead must have changed hands 5 or 6 times in the stretch run.

The problem is that Wild Bill can't whip left-handed and with every shot from the bat the horse veers left and bumps the other horse. So, to borrow a famous phrase, "Down the stretch they come..." Winland's horse bumps the other and takes the lead then falls back, bumps the other takes the lead, falls back. Again and again.

It goes like this all the way through the stretch. He wins in a close finish and is, of course, taken down for bumping in the stretch.

The really bad news (for me) was that he winds up riding my horse in the next race and it is almost exactly the same situation... tight stretch run, Winland hits his horse, driving him left into the other horse and again he is taken down.

BlueShoe
06-08-2009, 04:57 PM
A few years ago once got dq'ed twice in about 15-20 minutes.Two stake races simulcast into SoCal from different tracks a few minutes apart.Bet both oringinal winners;both came down.Do not remember the races or horses involved,but seem to recall that both horses moved up were trained by Bobby Frankel,although not dead certain about that.

parlay
06-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Woodbine in the International i believe,
caught the tri, had the fourth place horse covered.
2 seperate inquiries, both tossed.
so was my breakfast :bang:

thespaah
06-08-2009, 10:54 PM

So, I was DQ'd in a harness race, a thoroughbred race, and a quarterhorse race. Despite the bad luck, I managed to make a profit for the day.
A Gordie Howe hat trick.

Cubbymac26
06-09-2009, 02:29 AM
I have the worst ratio for dq's has to be 10-1...... 2 months ago at yr bet a horse gets taken down 2 times in 3 weeks nightmare...

I really think there's a conspiracy against me in horse racing just can't ever get put up

Dave Schwartz
06-09-2009, 09:54 AM
My opinion is that the better your handicapping the more likely your are to be on the wrong end of a DQ.

My ratio is about 2.5:1 against me.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

BlueShoe
06-09-2009, 11:04 AM
My opinion is that the better your handicapping the more likely your are to be on the wrong end of a DQ.

My ratio is about 2.5:1 against me.

Interesting theory,one that I have never heard before.If valid,that must mean that I am a pretty good handicapper.If offered the option of trading every horse that I have ever had moved up via an inquiry with those that have been dq'd and moved down,would accept in a heartbeat.The difference would surely be tens of thousands of dollars over the decades.

jballscalls
06-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I got dq'd at Keeneland opening day 2 years ago twice and once the next time i went there, but never three in one day, ouch!

rokitman
06-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Wow. 3 times in one day. That is a world-class hard luck story. I see ya in a cloud of cigarette smoke with one shaky hand holding a newly lit Lucky and the other neurotically stirring the ice in your glass of scotch.

God bless you.

turfnsport
06-09-2009, 02:55 PM

I'm wondering when the last time someone just BET at Saratoga Harness, Yavapai Downs, and Canterbury Downs all in the same day. And a T-bred, Q-horse, and harness race to boot?

That in itself is an impressive "Triple" in my book :ThmbUp: