PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Picks in today's mail.

FenceBored
06-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I've got a friend who puts out a Triple Crown handicapping sheet. He's got a great percentage, but he never seems to get the sheet to me before the race! Anyway, I found his Belmont Picks in my email this morning. I just had to share them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 6th, 2009 5:15 pm. FINAL EDITION

BELMONT STAKES

WIN (Acorn Winner angle):

The winner of the Acorn, Gabby's Golden Gal, was well beaten in the Ky Oaks by a filly WITH THE SAME SIRE, and has not run since.

Summer Bird was well beaten in the Ky Derby by Mine That Bird, who has THE SAME SIRE, and has not run since.

WIN PREDICTION: SUMMER BIRD
-----
Exacta (Epsom Derby Angle)
This year's Epsom Derby Exacta was:
Sea of Stars / Fame and Glory

Sea of Stars was the only horse whose name started with "S" as does Summer Bird in the Belmont.

Flying Private is the only Belmont horse whose name starts with an "F," but there's a stronger connection with another horse.

Fame and Glory is owned by Mrs. John Magnier, Derrick Smith, and Michael Tabor who also own Belmont starter Dunkirk. Also, Dunkirk is named for something that has Fame and Glory, therefore he is a much stronger choice.

EXACTA PREDICTION: The Epsom Derby based Belmont EXACTA PICK IS

SUMMER BIRD over DUNKIRK.
----
Trifecta (jockey handicaping).

Belmont Stakes stats for jockeys
4 FTS (Borel, Maragh, Mena,
2 STS (Garcia (1st), Leparoux (3rd))

4 Veterans:
Desormeaux (3/6 50% ITM)
Gomez (0/3 0% ITM)
Prado (2/8 25% ITM)
Velazquez (3/12 25% ITM)

Notes: Desormeaux 50% number makes an ITM finish a certainty. Gomez, well .... Prado's 2 ITMs are wins, but Velazquez's 3 ITMs are ALL IN THE LAST 3 YEARS. He is HOT.

Of the inexperienced Belmont Stakes riders, Borel is hot in the Derby and Preakness the past few years, so ITM is likely.

BOXED TRIFECTA PREDICTION: ITM Finish for BOREL, DESORMEAUX, VELAZQUEZ.

Combined with our earlier picks this gives a high probability to our:

STRAIGHT TRIFECTA PREDICTION: SUMMER BIRD/DUNKIRK/MINE THAT BIRD.

Usually, we stop at the Tri, but this year we'll throw in our lock for 4th place, CHARITABLE MAN, just because we're feeling generous.

See you next year,
Your friends at Retrospective Triple Crown Handicapping.