PDA

View Full Version : FREE PROGRAM FINAL VERSION

douglasw32
06-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Okay so I think I got it all covered now.

The TSN button, The Format so it makes more sense when reading it, (oh crap the "Legend" will still not be complete for the Full PP's)

Okay so one more during the week.

The Summary report
The Page Breaks (JcrabBoy, it worked)
The PCR in the TSN reports.

A word about printing, it works great in firefox, (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.0.10&os=win&lang=en-US) if you print preview and choose "Shrink To Fit"

Get it here:
http://localpcpros.com/FAST_FINAL.exe

The download from before will not work anymore to avoid confusion (Like I have not created enough of that)

It is what I wanted when I posted it, a true "Community" program.

Thanks again to all of you =)

Doug

P.S.

If it does not work try adding these to your system....

(dot) net
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en)

VB runtimes
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192461

Library files
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe

BTW- hint, when you print like I do to the free Bullzip PDF printer from the internet browser, since the report is in HTML
http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php#download

Be sure to go to...

Tools->Internet Options->Advanced, scroll to PRINTING
checkbox, "Print background Images and Colors"

Even if you are printing to a "real" printer.

Also this is a great PDF tool for "Marking Up the PDF"
http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/
Get the free pdfXchange viewer.

This was all tested when opened in Internet Explorer 8 set as the default browser on 32 bit Vista.

The Pace Advantage Toolbar is here (no spyware)
http://handicappers.ourtoolbar.com/

This is ALL FREE.

:bang:

michiken
06-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Doug,

When do I get my Linux version? :cool:

(I already tried running it with wine and it did not work).

douglasw32
06-08-2009, 07:34 AM
You are my hero ... I was going to Test Wine later at work, now I don't have to, but I am sad =(

I wonder why it would not work it is just simple VB6, no registry calls or anything ?

I did find something that would convery VB to JAVA that claims it would run on any platform, but I was really counting on wine.

The whole thing could be run from the WEB also with PHP and/or many other languages I am sure.

I want it to run on PUPPY since that is what I live on the most !

=========
I just found this: I will let you know how it goes unless you beat me ;)
http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

Looks like the VB6 runtime will do the trick.
=========

michiken
06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Doug,

With the previous version of your program, wine complained about not having .net installed and would not start at all.

I downloaded and installed the Final Version. It now works with wine on Arch Linux - see the screencap attached!

douglasw32
06-08-2009, 10:59 AM
OH man that is awesome !!!!
damn Day Job... but when I get home =)

At least the web filter does not block Paceadvantage

jcrabboy
06-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi Doug:
A really remarkable outcome to this community journey and it is thanks to your generous vision. I'm glad the page break suggestion worked for you. Oddly enough I have never opened the program (I have been working on a website that has little to do with horse racing), but I have really enjoyed reading the posts.

I am at a point now where I can get back into handicapping, so I will be downloading and trying the final version. Looking forward to it.

Jimmie

Light
06-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Could you explain a little more about your "FAST" figure. This seems like the main attraction of your program. What info can you give on that fig so that it can be used wisely as opposed to a black box, and what goes into making the fig?

jcrabboy
06-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Could you explain a little more about your "FAST" figure. This seems like the main attraction of your program. What info can you give on that fig so that it can be used wisely as opposed to a black box, and what goes into making the fig?

Hi Light:

Check out post #166 in previous homegrown software thread. Doug gives an overview of F.A.S.T. number as well as insight as to how best to use them.

Hope this helps.

Jimmie

Light
06-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks Crab,but its still a little unclear. I get that it is a performance figure. But how many races does it go back? Is it averaging races? If its a dirt race does it skip the Turf races in a horses PP's and vice versa? What does it do if the horse has all turf races? Does it use them and adjust them in some way? What if its a sprint and the horse is a router.Is it using its route race numbers in a sprint? You get my drift.

douglasw32
06-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I will be glad to explain all of it...let me get to a few emails 1st

chrisl
06-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Thank you Doug Nice job. Chrisl

off'nclear
06-08-2009, 10:31 PM
asking for the obvious (to all but me, of course)

I remove all prevous stuff and install the final version is complete?

One of these days, I hope to have something mind-boggling to post. (I don't mean the mind-boggling notice that I am, in fact, Denny Dimm-Wit!)

douglasw32
06-09-2009, 01:48 PM
If you download the package to the same folder (DESKTOP) it will just OVERWRITE the old one.

Or delete the old one and download, either way will work.

It is all "Self contained" in the folder.

No need to reinstall all the "Extras" like VB runtimes, Dot Net, etc, each time if that is the question .

douglasw32
06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
This is the Figure.

Average Class (winner of race speed faced, last 5)
Average Last Race Early Pace + Last Race Late Pace
Best Distance Speed
Average Speed Last 5

AAcoolguy
06-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Thanks for all of your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.:ThmbUp:

Roger
06-11-2009, 12:14 PM
The more I play with these figures, the more amazed I am! Unreal Doug!
Thank's again for sharing.

Roger, :ThmbUp:

jcrabboy
06-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Hi Doug:
I finally downloaded and opened program. Very nice indeed. Two things I noticed about summary. 1) If you cared to you can probably go to 3 races per page safely using portrait printing. 2) The comment line is being cut off at the front.

Since this project is complete or near complete, do you think a thread where F.A.S.T. users can share what they have found to be profitable using the program would be appropriate?

Thanks again for your hard work.

Jimmie

douglasw32
06-11-2009, 02:54 PM
I think that would be cool as hell !

I love it that I am not the only one using it, but everyone has to put up with a few more changes.

I found an error in my programming that may modify he final figure none of the others and not so much rearrange the weight of it as just the "tightness of it"

And I will try to shorten it up to fit on portrai without a page shrink in preview and see how it goes.

Some day, I want the scratches to pull in on the fly and for the archive to not need to be unzipped to use.

but those two are beyond me at the moment.

Light
06-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Since this project is complete or near complete, do you think a thread where F.A.S.T. users can share what they have found to be profitable using the program would be appropriate?

This is why I asked what goes into the FAST fig. If you dont know its construction,you're in the dark as to why its working or not and will not understand its curve as it changes win percentage and ROI the more its put to the test. Not the greatest explanation I have here about it but then again I've done research on the Bris PP number with even less info about it. And basically I've found PP useless except in some specific situations in conjunction with other criteria. So far what I've seen with the FAST fig is somewhat negative in ROI but way to premature to conclude anything.

joeyreb
06-12-2009, 03:38 PM
which data file PP does this program use??

douglasw32
06-13-2009, 11:28 AM
It uses bris or tsn

joeyreb
06-13-2009, 11:51 AM
I have bris, which one of data files?

headhawg
06-13-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't have Doug's program but I would bet that it is the Bris single PP data file. It is a zip file when downloaded but when unzipped it will have the .drf file extension.

dartman51
06-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Yesterday @ LAD, there was a perfect example of how you can use this program. As with most programs that give a point score, power numbers or speed ratings, I look for GAPS between the TOP score and the 2nd for starters. In the 6th @ LAD, a 6 furlong race on the dirt. I look at the dirt score first, and see that the :2: and :4: are tied with 66, the :8: has 64, and the :9: has a 62. Those I would consider as my TOP 4 contenders. Then, when I look at the FAST scores, I see that the :2: , is @ 68, the :9: is at 60, an 8 point difference. The :4: , is at 59, and the :8: is at 50. I look at it as a WIN BET on the :2: , and an EXACTA with the :2: over the :9: , :4: , :8: .

The :2: paid $15.20 $6.80 $4.80, while the exacta :2: , :9: paid $130.00.

This post is NOT meant as a REDBOARD, rather an example of just 1 of many ways you can use this program that Doug has been so kind as to GIVE us. I would like to hear of other ways that some of you are using the program.

In case some of your numbers don't match mine, I use TSN PROCAPS files.

TS

hracingplyr
06-15-2009, 11:36 AM
how did they perform for the whole card in general?

douglasw32
06-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Correct.

dartman51
06-15-2009, 01:50 PM
LAD 061209

R>1 In this race,the 3 has a 10 point advantage over the 2, but is 10 points below the 9 on the DIRT score. PASS
The 2 did win the race while the 3 placed, and the 9 showed.

R>2 There is only 1 point seperating the TOP 2 FAST scores. PASS

R>3 At first glance, you see a 6 point difference on TOP of the FAST score, BUT, when you get your 4 contenders from the TURF scores, The TOP FAST score doesn't qualify. PASS

R>4 The 6 scored TOPS on both the DIRT score and the FAST score. While a 5 point difference is iffy, the odds of 14-1 sucked me in. I lost my win bet and my exacta. LOST -$26.00

R>5 #8 has an 8 point advantage over the 5 on the FAST score, BUT was 3rd in qualifying on the TURF. Once again the odds were inviting, so I played a WIN ONLY bet on the 8.
LOST -$20.00

R>6 WON already explained. +282.20 -$26.00 BET= $256.20

R>7 PASS: Not enough qualifiers on the TURF. Plus I am not a big fan of TURF DOWNHILL SPRINTS.

R>8 PASS: Only 4 points seperate the TOP 2 + the TOP scorer is the EVEN MONEY favorite. NOT my cup of tea.

R>9 PASS: The 9 DID have a 10 point advantage over the 6, BUT, again, she was 4th qualifier on the TURF, along with the fact that she is 9/5 at post. Had the ODDS been 4-1 or better, I would have played her to win only.

Only 3 playable races for me with 1 WIN and a $210.20 profit, makes for a good day.

I hope this helps explain my approach. I am still learning the numbers, so I may make some adjustments along the way. I will try to stop by from time to time to report my findings.:)

douglasw32
06-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Very interesting Dartman...

This is wat I do...

http://localpcpros.com/FL_LateDouble_Summary.pdf

The Yellow is the top 3 in each..
the Red is THE LOWEST ONE in each.

Then I look at the Race Shape and Running Styles, and try to get around the Favorite.

I bet to Win.

hracingplyr
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
do i download the program? and find out what all the diff sym represent?

fight
06-15-2009, 07:32 PM
your method at bel sunday bris 1$ files big day 4 top winners 9.60 9.70 8.40 13.40 2 top choices ran 2nd 1 cold tri 131.00 2 ex 30.80 4880 but holly bad

fight
06-15-2009, 08:32 PM
do i have a bad summary mine at the topafter horse says lr l$ your drafte says cl ds ?????

douglasw32
06-15-2009, 10:43 PM
No you have the only one...that's a rough draft I am working on. I was not satisfied with the first one...just trying to find time to finish the draft so it is final.

douglasw32
06-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Hracingplyr first post of this thread.

douglasw32
06-16-2009, 12:52 AM
I am not sure my post's on how I use the data is making any sense but here is the Finger Lakes sheet for tomorrow, I marked up the 8th like I do...

http://localpcpros.com/flr8.pdf

This could all change with scratches but as of right now I would consider the favorite in that race a Best Bet for me.

I highlight the top 3 in each area, then mark the worst one from each, any with a knock from there is put as non contender for win.

with pace the knock is on the lowest that is not one of the 3 highest in its opposite area so if the lowest late is one of the top 3 early, i look at the next lowest late etc until I find the lowest that is not one of the top 3 and vice-versa.

then I have my contenders, I look at running style and running type, is it a race that will e won early or other than early?

is there a lone running style.

from there I look only at the PCR and my CLASS Rating to eliminate any contender who is outclassed.

after that and I have not gotten to putting it on the summary page, I take a look at who is riding and who is training to see if maybe I sould rethink my decision.

I am soooooo interested in what is working for others !

Since the summary has come along I only look at the full pp's report at the very end to make sure I did not overlook anything.

Excuse in last race making them a non contender when they should not be, crap jock or trainer, 700 days of rest, 25 and 0 at the distance, etc, etc...

Pcon04
06-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Douglas

In the final summary version will that running comments still be there???

thanks

Pcon

fight
06-16-2009, 10:34 AM
can i get your draft i like it much more than the one i got. ty

fight
06-16-2009, 11:26 AM
i drew down the bris fingerlakes for today there are different #s than what youve got on your fingerlakes. cl and ds we dont have ok ep and lp the same ok fm same pc different ive got 0-4-11-5-7-9 continuing fs we dont have but fast ive got 24-63-71-76-63-62. very confusing to us hccpers. what it cl class i assume ds ?? fs dirt i assume help

douglasw32
06-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Bottom of very last page has descriptions

fight
06-16-2009, 01:22 PM
could you do bel tommorrow like you did fingerlakes ill send you the file tell me where to send it ty.

cloud9
06-16-2009, 07:18 PM
douglasw . Witch rating is for the Dirt score ?

douglasw32
06-17-2009, 12:03 AM
The dirt is now labeled dt on the summary, it is not present on the full pp's

============
Close this one also.
============

I will post under a new thread called Using the FREE program.
With a link to the updated version.

The previous links will no longer work.

railbird
06-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Doug,

Thank You for sharing with your talents and your program with the masses,

not too many would do as you did ..

thanks again rail

Triopstor
09-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Hello,

Would like an update to this thread. Seems many links are currently dead.

Thank You.

headhawg
09-10-2009, 08:13 AM
As Doug mentioned, the links in this thread are dead. The FAST program is now up to Version X, so check out the first post in that thread. The link to download is still good there.

douglasw32
09-12-2009, 10:32 AM
As Doug mentioned, the links in this thread are dead. The FAST program is now up to Version X, so check out the first post in that thread. The link to download is still good there.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61083