PDA

View Full Version : Quotes from the trainers about the race

Kentucky Bred
05-04-2003, 07:56 AM
In addition to these quotes, Frankel was quoted as saying, " I still think Empire Maker is a better horse than those other horses".

You'll like some of these quotes though too:

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2003/derby_coverage/derby_news/derby_news_05032003e.html

Kentucky Bred

JustRalph
05-04-2003, 09:13 AM
ok....

PATRICK GALLAGHER (Trainer, Domestic Dispute, 10th) - "He ran good. (Jockey) Alex (Solis) said he wasn't handling the track and was bobbing around. He was real happy with him considering he wasn't handling the track. He really liked him. We'll consider keeping him on the dirt or maybe the grass."

As opposed to what other third choice? Lunar Steeplechase maybe?

TOM AMOSS (Trainer, Lone Star Sky, 15th) - "We obviously used bad judgment in running him here. We'll look for a little better spot for him next time."

No Shit.......anybody who can read a form new this horse should have been someplace else. Somebody wanted a seat in the owners area. Amoss couldn't take the tit out of his mouth long enough to convince his owners to stay home. This is why this race gets screwed up. Too many starters for reasons like this.

I also read where Frankel made some comments about half ass reporters who don't know anything about the Derby. They only cover racing one race a year and they drive him nuts. I guess some guy asked him during workouts

"If he doesn't win it this year, will you try to run him in the Derby next year? "

I would have loved to have seen Frankel's face when that one came out of the reporters mouth.

plainolebill
05-04-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm kinda sorry Frankel didn't get his Derby. He's arrogant and bad mouths his riders a little too much for me, but I really admire him for the way his horses always show up ready to run and I don't think anyone takes better care of their stock.

lousycapper
05-04-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
ok....

I also read where Frankel made some comments about half ass reporters who don't know anything about the Derby. They only cover racing one race a year and they drive him nuts. I guess some guy asked him during workouts

"If he doesn't win it this year, will you try to run him in the Derby next year? "

============================

It must be the same jackass who interviewed the Middle Eastern owner of a maiden entered in the Derby a number of years back. The Trainer quit at "riders-up" when the owner refused to scratch the horse. It finished Dead F-----G LAST.

-L.C.