PDA

View Full Version : PA Spa Week Aug 15-23

OTM Al
06-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Triple crown season being over means its time to start thinking about Saratoga in earnest.

So once again, here is the reservations I have placed for the annual PA gathering

Saturday 8/15 - 2 tables
Sunday 8/16 - 2 tables
Monday 8/17 - 1 table
Tuesday 8/18 - dark
Wednesday 8/19 - 2 tables
Thursday 8/20 - 3 tables
Friday 8/21 - 3 tables
Saturday 8/22 - 3 tables
Sunday 8/23 - 1 table

I will be there every day except maybe Wednesday. It will be $5 per day per person to help pay for the tables, but fear not. I will try to have a few freebies on a couple of those days at least so besides the fun we have, you may well not walk away empty handed.

Fot those of you that have never been there, but are thinking about joining us, the festival tent is easy to find. If you come in the front gate, just turn right, go past the bathroom building, the English Racing tent, a bank of automated teller machines and you are there. The tables we request are in the back righthand corner. I will try to put up small signs as I will be there very early each day. (If its an English racing day, come earlier and you wil find me there!)

So in this thread, please post what days you think you will be there and will be joining us, so I can get an idea for scheduling.

rrbauer
06-07-2009, 07:24 PM
15th - 23rd every day for me.

Scheduled to have friend (from Calif) with me 16th - 19th.

Sailwolf
06-07-2009, 07:32 PM
I want to be there.

... Someday

PaceAdvantage
06-08-2009, 03:11 AM
I will be there sometime...probably more towards the end of the week...sorry I'm so vague at the moment, but I always have a place to stay up there, thus I never have my dates pinned down until later....

cj's dad
06-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Justin, CJ and I will be there from the 20th thru the 22nd !!

PaceAdvantage
06-08-2009, 06:59 PM
It will be good to see you three together again!

cj's dad
06-09-2009, 06:42 AM
It will be good to see you three together again!

Thanks Mike, much appreciated.

ps - I'm keeping count of who has the most winners

offtrack
06-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I'll stop by every day.

RaceBookJoe
06-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I wish everyone a great time that week...unfortunately i wont be getting up to Saratoga until closing week-closing day. rbj

andicap
06-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I'll be there for three days later in the week, definitely friday and saturday.

Tom
06-16-2009, 07:36 AM
I plan on being there Thursday and Friday.

OTM Al
06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Looks like we'll have a good crowd at the end of the week as usual as things are shaping up so far. Andy and Tom, glad to see you are both able to make it back! Looking forward to seeing you guys as well as everyone else.

Tom
06-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Let's hope for sunshine and firm turf!

OTM Al
06-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Amen to that. We've had enough rain downstate already to keep us for a long time.

badcompany
06-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Amen to that. We've had enough rain downstate already to keep us for a long time.

On the bright side, it's been quite cool, for June. Hell, I'll take rain for the next 30 days straight, if it means a nice six weeks at 'Toga.

I should be there Fri 8-22 & Sat 23, and maybe the Thurs if I play hookey from work. I'll also be there the entire first week of the meet.

jefftune
06-21-2009, 09:27 AM
I'll be there the week before. 19th consecutive year for me!

John
06-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Hopefully Charlie will be well by then and can make the trip.

falconridge
07-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Heigh-ho, Empire Staters!

As it happens, my sojourn in way-upstate New York (outlying Plattsburgh, by the maples-shaded shore of Lake Champlain) will extend from August 15 through August 24. I shouldn't desert my frail, doting mother for more than a day or so, but I'm sure she'll lend me her Buick to make the two-hour drive down I-87 so that I can do my devotions at the shrine of North American racing, and convive* with PA board mates other than toetoe and Overlay (and with them, too, of course, if they can find their way out). Guided by what I've read in earlier posts about who will be there and when, I'll be shooting for Thursday the 20th or Friday the 21st.

Let me know, Al. Looking forward to it,

falconridge

*Con`viveŽ
verb, intransitive: to feast together; to be convivial

"First, all you peers of Greece, go to my tent;
There in the full convive we."
--Shakespeare, Troilus and Cressida, Act 4, Scene 5

OTM Al
07-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Heigh-ho, Empire Staters!

As it happens, my sojourn in way-upstate New York (outlying Plattsburgh, by the maples-shaded shore of Lake Champlain) will extend from August 15 through August 24. I shouldn't desert my frail, doting mother for more than a day or so, but I'm sure she'll lend me her Buick to make the two-hour drive down I-87 so that I can do my devotions at the shrine of North American racing, and convive* with PA board mates other than toetoe and Overlay (and with them, too, of course, if they can find their way out). Guided by what I've read in earlier posts about who will be there and when, I'll be shooting for Thursday the 20th or Friday the 21st.

Let me know, Al. Looking forward to it,

falconridge

*Con`viveŽ
verb, intransitive: to feast together; to be convivial

"First, all you peers of Greece, go to my tent;
There in the full convive we."
--Shakespeare, Troilus and Cressida, Act 4, Scene 5

Indeed as all who wish to come you are quite welcome. Master toe informed me of your possible arrival in these parts, so I am glad you can make it for a day or two.

OTM Al
07-09-2009, 04:51 PM
I must say that I am a fan of NYRA, but one thing they really need to fix (and I believe it is being addressed) is ticketing. So even though I reserved our tables back in January, I didn't get our confirmations until yesterday.

But get them I did. Doesn't say which tables, but when I turned it in I was told we should get what we asked for. If not for some reason, worry not. I will make sure we have a heavy duty extension cord and a good power strip or 2 for those that wish to bring lap tops.

Best thing about this year is I'm finally allowed to have beer again......

jonnielu
07-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Indeed as all who wish to come you are quite welcome. Master toe informed me of your possible arrival in these parts, so I am glad you can make it for a day or two.

What if I wanted to show up, just to see if that is Tom's real picture?

jdl

cj's dad
07-09-2009, 09:26 PM

jdl

I'm out :lol:

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2009, 07:04 PM

jdlWould love to meet you in person...that goes for everyone else out there as well....

I'm hoping to provide some goodies at least during the days I'm there...

OTM Al
07-10-2009, 07:10 PM
I actually got mailed tickets for 22nd and 23rd today for whatever reason, so I can confirm we got exactly the tables we asked for, at least for those 2 days.

jonnielu
07-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Would love to meet you in person...that goes for everyone else out there as well....

I'm hoping to provide some goodies at least during the days I'm there...

How do you feel about making an extravaganza of it?

jdl

PaceAdvantage
07-11-2009, 05:24 PM
How do you feel about making an extravaganza of it?

jdlDepends on your definition of extravaganza...:lol:

rrbauer
07-13-2009, 06:31 PM

jdl

There goes the neighborhood.

cj's dad
07-13-2009, 11:49 PM
There goes the neighborhood.

We could always alert security !!:lol:

Bubbles
07-20-2009, 08:53 AM
We could always alert security !!:lol:
Hey, it worked when you and Buddha snuck in the side door that one year! ;)

cj's dad
07-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Hey, it worked when you and Buddha snuck in the side door that one year! ;)

I have no idea what you are talking about young man !

Bubbles
07-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Ring any bells? http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/2006_PaceAdvantage_Saratoga_Getaway/Track06_Pix_Batch2_003 :p

BillW
07-20-2009, 04:16 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about young man !

Watch it, he has pictures. :eek:

BillW
07-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Watch it, he has pictures. :eek:

Oops, too late :lol:

cj's dad
07-20-2009, 05:01 PM
I shoulda known !!

cj's dad
07-22-2009, 12:04 PM
BTW- Saratoga has revamped the electrical service above the tent for expanded access.

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1566/200805/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1566-425091.jpg

bigbadtogadaddy
07-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Please put me down for all days. I will spend the whole season at the track this year. thanks.

Maxspa
07-23-2009, 09:50 AM
BBTD,
Just a hunch, but you might want to check the Saratoga Harness entries while you are here! There's a horse called BigBadBootyDaddy owned by a friend, Steve LaBelle, who I haven't seen in years. He's a great guy and runs the livery near the Parting Glass!
Maxspa

Bubbles
07-23-2009, 08:34 PM
SilverSow and I will both be making day trips Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday of that week, and I might be up on my own on the Friday. Looking forward to it, as always!

rrbauer
07-23-2009, 08:49 PM
SilverSow and I will both be making day trips Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday of that week, and I might be up on my own on the Friday. Looking forward to it, as always!

Don't forget the Coors Light! LOL

SilverSow
07-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Don't forget the Coors Light! LOL

Hope you're sitting down as you read this... I'm not drinking... LOLOL

Dave

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Good...more for the rest of us!!!! :lol:

KingChas
07-24-2009, 12:13 AM
I have been going to the Spa for 20+ consecutive years.
Usually the 3rd week of August.
I have been there the same weeks as PA at times,but when I go over to the tents I cannot find you.
I only can recognize members from the pics.So far no luck.
Except for TLG at Siro's,who can miss him...lol. I have yet to find any PA members.
Am I missing a sign? :confused:

Can't wait for some of these replies;"Am I missing a sign? :confused:" :lol:

BillW
07-24-2009, 12:17 AM
I have been there the same weeks as PA at times,but when I go over to the tents I cannot find you.
Except for TLG at Siro's,who can miss him...lol. I have yet to find any PA members.

Look for the laptops, you can't miss them - the only ones within 30 miles :).

OTM Al
07-24-2009, 09:15 AM

Laptops are a good clue but I'm also going to try to get some small table signs as I too had trouble finding the group the first time I went there. The spot we should have on all the days is, as you face the tent with the grandstand at your back, in the rear right hand corner of the tent

rrbauer
07-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Look for all the fat guys with beer cans because a lot of the computer guys aren't coming this year. If it's later in the day, look for all the fat guys trying to heist beers from the coolers at adjacent tables.

Rookies
07-25-2009, 01:12 AM
Man, there are some BIG dudes in some of them there pix ! I've put on a few during my million ( errr... 37 ) years of marriage, but you guys are making me look like Twiggy ! :D

KingChas
07-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Look for all the fat guys with beer cans because a lot of the computer guys aren't coming this year. If it's later in the day, look for all the fat guys trying to heist beers from the coolers at adjacent tables.

That narrows it down to 99.9% of the male crowd :D
Seriously,thanks guys for all the tips.See you at "The Spa" :ThmbUp:

Grits
07-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Guys, I didn't know this many photos existed. I recall seeing a couple, but not all of these. I just had fun going through all 85 of them. When I visited you guys in the tent, in '07, and again last year, though I missed several of you, you all weren't quite as "intense" and bent over CJ's figs and your computer screens. I'm sure you were still ferreting out plenty of winners--all the same.

Favorite photo--#39.

Fine dining, poolside. Guys, y'all went all out didn't ya? Paper plates, sure, they're great for outdoors. But . . . DAMN! Stove top pots on the dining table? C'mon boys, that's low-brow. Couldn't ya'll have found a baking dish or a bowl in the kitchen cabinets somewhere?:faint: One thing's for sure, it ain't the Turf Club!!!!! But, bet it taste as good. LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Next favorite photo--#71.

Your night out at the Trots. BOX SEATS, EVEN!!! I'm sure there were other nights, box seats for those too? Being well connected is such a plus--this is true all over Saratoga.

Two Honorable Mentions--

CJ, aka Slum Dog Millionaire, holed up in the corner, kicked back, playing Yavapai. And . . . Lord knows, though captioned, his other major venue of choice, to plunder and crush, escapes me.

Red Knave, aka Good Man, and stellar house guest. Someone has to do clean up! Red Knave, bud, you DO know--unless y'all have consecutive losing days, you don't have to rewash all that paper and plastic--those plates, knives, forks, spoons, cups, etc, etc. . . . . excluding, of course, that POT (the centerpiece) that was on the dining table.

And finally, Budda, (no aka necessary) I've never seen so much beef on one grill in my life. Protein for power capping!!

Hope the weather's nice; hope y'all have a fine time again this year.

Red Knave
07-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Red Knave, aka Good Man, and stellar house guest. Someone has to do clean up!:blush: I think I was just rinsing out my scotch glass. We were changing vintages and I didn't want them to comingle.
Red Knave, bud, you DO know--unless y'all have consecutive losing days, you don't have to rewash all that paper and plastic--those plates, knives, forks, spoons, cups, etc, etc. . . . .I didn't wash them, I'm not totally a moron. I put them in the dishwasher!
excluding, of course, that POT (the centerpiece) that was on the dining table.Well, it was a pot luck dinner. ;)

Grits
07-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Good scotch, and kitchen appliances--both make life, and vacations, easier.

Tom
07-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Especially the scotch!
But RK makes a good burger! Yummmmmm.
And he sometimes gets a KEG of coffee!!!!

KingChas
07-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Nothing like being in heaven.
Scroll down and check out the events,Wednesday 8/19.
http://www.nyra.com/saratogaevents.shtml

cj's dad
07-29-2009, 08:08 PM
:blush: I think I was just rinsing out my scotch glass. We were changing vintages and I didn't want them to comingle.
I didn't wash them, I'm not totally a moron. I put them in the dishwasher!
Well, it was a pot luck dinner. ;)

Not true- everything was washed and rinsed in the swimming pool- that's why Justin is shown skimming the pool and why there are are no photos of anyone in the pool.
Except me and i got out when I saw what I think was a "Baby Ruth" bar floating by. :bang:

rrbauer
08-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Must be getting close. My car started "lugging in" this morning.

Rookies
08-03-2009, 08:43 PM
The Rookies' posse will be at the Spa from Friday, Au 7- Sunday, Au 9, warming it up for the rest of you folks. We'll be in our usual spot, right up front, within 100 yards of the Finish Line. Happy to share a cold one (Canajun Beer or Yankee Screwdriver) with any Forum member who wants to drop by. :cool:

rrbauer
08-04-2009, 01:51 PM
I ran across this today when I was scoping out places near where I'm staying in N. Albany. Looks like about $84 night + tax for short term stay. And, if I read it right, they do 20% discount for prepayment. I don't know this property but I will definitely investigate it while I'm up there.

http://www.hojo.com/HowardJohnson/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=01252&cid=carat_search-howard_johnson

rrbauer
08-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Hope you're sitting down as you read this... I'm not drinking... LOLOL

Dave

OMG Some people know how to spoil the fun. I'm not coming!!

Mike at A+
08-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Probably won't see any of you because we're coming up on Tuesday the 11th and only staying until Friday the 14th. But that could change if I win big and can talk the wife into taking a few more vacation days. :lol:

joeprunes
08-05-2009, 03:50 PM
joeprunes will be there 20-23. Fifty yrs playing the ponies and my 35th yr going to saratoga. The 6th yr. pa party and cj party..
thanks suff were ever you are,,,,,,joe

OTM Al
08-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Look forward to seeing you again Joe.

cj's dad
08-05-2009, 07:13 PM
joeprunes will be there 20-23. Fifty yrs playing the ponies and my 35th yr going to saratoga. The 6th yr. pa party and cj party..
thanks suff were ever you are,,,,,,joe

hey Joe - you're staying at the Island View ???

joeprunes
08-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Yes I am, been going there since it was $25 a night. Its near everything. looking forward to seeing you dennis....joe

OTM Al
08-14-2009, 04:31 PM
And now we are there!

Leaving for the train in a few minutes. Look forward to seeing both old and new faces this year. I have packed a heavy extension cord and this nifty surge protector I got that has about 8 outlets in it, so I think we are set. If anyone comes really early, I'll be in the English racing tent from 9 or so on, but will make it over to the tables around 11-11:30 or so.

See you there!

cj's dad
08-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Al- I will be expecting daily updates from you. I assume that you are there all week and will look forward to seeing you and the gang again.

Some hints as the moderator- keep an eye on R R Bauer around the beer coolers and ignore all of Bubbles picks unless you wanna eat chalk for lunch.

I'll be there Thursday and will re-adjust all the bad habits you all have fallen into- hang tight until then !!!!

offtrack
08-14-2009, 07:45 PM
The hot weather has returned to Sar this week. Will be in the 90's tomorrow and over the weekend. Drink plenty of cold liquids, and dress accordingly.

oddsmaven
08-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Be there tomorrow (Saturday)...guess I can find it as I'll recognize OTM Al, and I can be spotted as the guy who's wife is quietly booting home winners while I'm cussing out my "up the track" finishes.

fiveouttasix
08-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Be there tomorrow also. Looks like fast and firm all weekend :)

rrbauer
08-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Arrived in Albany last evening (762 miles door-to-door, biggest traffic jam was getting off the Thruway here; 2nd biggest traffic jam was getting on the Thruway at Newburgh!). Played two races at Del Mar (hotel has the OTB channel), lost both, so I opened a fresh can of beer and started looking at today's PP's. FWIW the SpringHill Suites here is about 1 1/2 yrs old, nice rooms with fridge/m'wave and located less than a mile from I-87. It's about two blocks from Grandma's Restaurant on Central and there are 2 malls about 1/2 mile in the other direction (towards I-87). Plenty of restaurants on Wolf Rd and a grocery store with cold beer. About 4 miles from Albany airport. Hope to have $$ day to report on later.

cj's dad
08-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Rich, are you there thru the 22nd ?

Bubbles
08-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Some hints as the moderator- keep an eye on R R Bauer around the beer coolers and ignore all of Bubbles picks unless you wanna eat chalk for lunch.

1) Who made you the moderator?!?!

2) I'll have you know that I've moved off the chalk phase! Sheesh...one or two bets, and you guys get all mouthy! Don't forget, I'm the one with the camera. :eek:

cj's dad
08-15-2009, 07:07 PM
I was referring to OTM Al as the moderator !! Not me- !!!

cj told me you were a chalk eater - if you've progressed - God bless

I called OTM Al and gave him the winner of Race 3 - The 1A - paid nearly $16.00 if I'm not mistaken

See you next Thursday if you are still there !!

rrbauer
08-16-2009, 02:33 AM
Rich, are you there thru the 22nd ?

Yes.

I had your 1A but only a small bet. I did tattoo the 1st race w/p and my big
score was the 6th race exacta ($258) 3.5 times. One of those plays where I was just trying to get either the 8 or 9 in the exacta and the race came 9 over 8.

OTM Al was kind enough to give us all very nice 'toga t-shirts and a Alabama (the race not the college team) baseball cap. BTW now that Bubbles has learned about dime supers (this is based on last year) you'll likely hear comments such as "my 30-1 shot almost got there" or "what would've it paid if my 25-1 shot had hit the board".

The crowd on Saturday was good, about 30K but seemed larger. We'll be heading in earlier today (t-shirt giveaway). Hot weather in the 90's means keeping hydrated will be important. I can handle that. :lol:

rrbauer
08-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Oh boy was it hot on Sunday. Phew. Clipped the first race for a $10 win bet and a $7 exacta score. Finally after 6 races went over to the Harness track to get some air conditioning. Jumped all over the 10th exacta and nailed the late DD with a $16 ticket. Too bad the #6 lost the photo in the 10th. Would've increased payouts big times.

Back to the hotel in Albany in time to play late DMR races. Lost the 6th but nailed the 7th for a couple $1 X's @ $319 each. Right now I'm live in the late P3 but with a fav to start it off.

Dave C. and Andrew (Silversow and Bubbles) showed up late in the day at the Spa. Good to see them. Really bad news that Dave is off the suds. What will I do? (Buy a bigger cooler!) Al was recovering from a Sat nite party. Spence (offtrack) had a nice score on a price horse in the 3rd ($24 to win). He joined us over at the harness track and celebrated his score by buying a round.

Hope it cools off a little. This heat is nasty. Another day on Monday.

BillW
08-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Now, you boys stay out of trouble up there!

and Rich, we always knew you were a closet fan of the chariots. :D

OTM Al
08-17-2009, 08:12 AM
I was referring to OTM Al as the moderator !! Not me- !!!

cj told me you were a chalk eater - if you've progressed - God bless

I called OTM Al and gave him the winner of Race 3 - The 1A - paid nearly $16.00 if I'm not mistaken

See you next Thursday if you are still there !!

I got that call....about 15 min after the race went off!

cj's dad
08-17-2009, 08:46 AM
I got that call....about 15 min after the race went off!

Problem on your end Al- I called a good 10 minutes prior to post. Had you received it in time the horse probably would have lost the rider.

cj's dad
08-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Saratoga pix from 375 miles away:

R1-:4::8:

R3-:3::5:

R5-:5:<6/1:10:

R6-:6:<8/1:9:

R7-:2::8:<5/1

R8-:5::8:<10/1

R9-:6::7:<8/1

Odds noted for Bubbles .$10 supers - good luck all - seeyall Thursday

slewis
08-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey it was great to briefly meet some of you guys today.

Al, Bubbles, Rich and the others.... you guys are real troopers.

It was brutally hot. I only lasted 8 races... and I have to stay.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

offtrack
08-18-2009, 12:17 AM
So far this week the Spahhh has been the Saunahhhh.

proximity
08-20-2009, 05:59 AM
i am leaving pen right now. hope to be there in time for the "talking horses" seminar.......

Bubbles
08-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Quiet day yesterday, as it was just myself, SilverSow, rrbauer, his friend Bill, and offtrack. Quite a contrast considering all the people who are coming today. SS hit the getaway race for over six bills, thanks to a dime super that paid over $200 (I'm rubbing off on him!) and an exacta keyed by a 7-1 over a 25-1. That 25-1 shot would have also meant an 'all' in the Pick-4 and 4 out of 6 in the pick six, as it was a pretty crazy day.

Carryover of over $170,000 in the Pick-6...who's interested in a group ticket?

rrbauer
08-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Bubbles didn't even blow his own horn. He starts the day with a $16 horse and wishes that CJ and CJ's Dad were there to appreciate his non-chalk regimen. The bad news is that he tried to get me to use it and I didn't! (The old dogs - new tricks disease). My mid-card P3 score didn't get past 3rd base and not caring much for the late races we went off and played Del Mar (where I did win a nice P3). The other BillW flies back to LA today so I need to revert to my old self and start winning again.

Is the group P6 ticket like a show parlay? :lol:

proximity
08-21-2009, 02:01 AM
i am leaving pen right now. hope to be there in time for the "talking horses" seminar.......

well i just made it back from this event. it was a ton of driving, but i would definitely recommend it. probably met about 8-10 forum members, ALL great people and there were probably at least another half dozen or so i didn't get to meet. special thanks to cj's dad for telling me about this event way back at ct, offtrack for warning me about the spring water, and otm al for putting it all together!!

good luck to those going this weekend!!

cj's dad
08-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Thanks OTMAl for taking care of the tables and for the goodie bags and the interesting baseball talks we had.

Thanks for the food and cold beers PA

To RRBauer- I will send you a copy of my LPS (lightning protection systems)
manual for your use next year; as always good capping !

Bubbles- you have to try and become more excited as your pick is coming down the stretch and in the lead.

Zaf and Jeff - thanks for bringing Justin back safely (although tipsy) Friday night from the harness track and for printing out Saturdays cj's. Don't forget to return that expensive beer cooler I left in your trunk next year (full I hope).

Silver Sow (Dave) congrats on staying away from the beer (more for me). The beerless diet has helped your waistline quite a bit.:rolleyes:

Andy- sorry but we just couldn't hang at the harness track any longer Saturday night. Both of us were tired (too much beer) and we had to get up early sunday.
Good seeing you again.

Sam I Am (Dave) - good seeing you again and try to keep October 3rd open for JCGC day at Belmont.

Tom- hope you enjoyed your snacks !

Justin- as always it was my pleasure hanging out with one of my favorite sons;) for 3+ days. Maybe one year both Cary and cj will join us and I can be like Fred Mc Murray.

Joe Prunes- good seeing you again and thanks for the heads up on the Waterhouse Bar and Grill - good food and locals were friendly.

Offtrack and Bad Compamy- nice meeting you guys and hope you make it up again next year.

Proximity- we'll get together again at CT or maybe Laurel Park on Maryland Million day - October I think.

Bill W. - Red Knave - Storm Cadet -CJ - missed you all; maybe next year:ThmbUp:

andicap
08-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Dennis,
Yeah I apologize for not getting there sooner but I was fighting was the Internet connection at Kinkos. Never did get it to work saturday -- tho it was back up sunday morning -- and didn't arrive until after 8:30. Managed to win a little money, partly thanks to a heads up play from Zaf at EVD.

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2009, 10:35 AM
That was a great three days up at Saratoga for me...you know it's a good day when you're able to stream TwinSpires video on your laptop using your cell phone internet connection....:lol:

To simply add to what CJ's Dad already wrote, Saturday was great with everyone at the tent (OTM Al, RRBauer, Zaf & Jeff, Silver Sow, Joe Prunes, Sam I Am, AndiCap, CJ's Dad and Justin, Bad Company, Binder...hopefully, I didn't forget anyone, but I probably did...)

Special thanks to OTM Al for getting the tables and passing out the hats and shirts to everyone...very kind of him...

Also, very special thanks to Sam I Am for slugging me in the face during one of his more animated moments while watching that exciting 9 horse photo finish...:lol:

I bet some of the guys on off-topic would have loved to witness me taking one to the right side of the jaw....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully, there are no pictures...:lol:

cj's dad
08-28-2009, 11:23 AM
That was a great three days up at Saratoga for me...you know it's a good day when you're able to stream TwinSpires video on your laptop using your cell phone internet connection....:lol:

To simply add to what CJ's Dad already wrote, Saturday was great with everyone at the tent (OTM Al, RRBauer, Zaf & Jeff, Silver Sow, Joe Prunes, Sam I Am, AndiCap, CJ's Dad and Justin, Bad Company, Binder...hopefully, I didn't forget anyone, but I probably did...)

Special thanks to OTM Al for getting the tables and passing out the hats and shirts to everyone...very kind of him...

Also, very special thanks to Sam I Am for slugging me in the face during one of his more animated moments while watching that exciting 9 horse photo finish...:lol:

I bet some of the guys on off-topic would have loved to witness me taking one to the right side of the jaw....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Every time I hear this story the numbers grow. Pretty soon, there will be more horses in the photo than started the race.:D

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Every time I hear this story the numbers grow. Pretty soon, there will be more horses in the photo than started the race.:DI originally wrote 100....:lol:

SilverSow
08-28-2009, 10:32 PM

I witnessed this exchange... to say it was hilarious would be an understatement... it included such pearls of wisdom as:

Sam: I could tell my 8 year old daughter to play the chalk! I had a 24-1 shot!
PA: Maybe the chalk bettors were excited because it kept their pick 6 tickets alive.
Sam: But I had a 24-1 shot!!!

The 24-1 shot wasn't even involved in the blanket finish... LOLOLOL... you can't make this stuff up...

Dave

cj's dad
08-28-2009, 10:41 PM
And may I say that I was appalled, appalled mind you !!, at the level of profanity coming from Sam I Am as his 24-1 shot ran 3rd? to my selection (#9) who CLEARLY WON by a 1/4" at the wire !!

SilverSow
08-29-2009, 09:43 PM
And may I say that I was appalled, appalled mind you !!, at the level of profanity coming from Sam I Am as his 24-1 shot ran 3rd? to my selection (#9) who CLEARLY WON by a 1/4" at the wire !!

Third? THIRD?? THIRD???

Wow... I don't think so... off the board... that's what made the whole episode so hilarious...

Dave

cj's dad
08-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Dave- please notice the ? after my 3rd place comment - I was so busy bustin' dave's round ones that I did not realize that his 24-1 shot was off the tote.