PDA

View Full Version : Gabby's Golden Girl

Cat Thief
06-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Well guess I just have to brag because usually my longshots do not get in but this one did. I knew she was fast, I like Baffert and I had a hunch the chalk might have been a bit tired. I was sure yelling when that race was completed, all the way on the engine. Another Medgalia D'Oro filly.

Tom
06-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Very similar to MTB - a huge pace top last time out....HU-JA.
I mentioned it at CJ's site and then never bet it. :bang::bang::bang:

joanied
06-08-2009, 11:52 AM
I had her too...the one race all day that I actually hit:D

OTM Al
06-08-2009, 01:14 PM
She was sure fried after that effort though. They took a very long time hosing her down after the race. She may need some time to recover after that one

joanied
06-08-2009, 01:27 PM
yeah, she did get over heated....she must be one that simply can't deal with the heat at all...I wonder if it was still very humid?
I felt bad for her owner...he was so excited, and had to watch and wait to be sure his little filly was gonna be OK...thank goodness she didn't try and collapse on the track and it turned out OK...I never did see wether or not they got her in the winner photo? If not, I hope they can maybe get her tacked up, rider and all and get that win photo for her owner.
man, she ran good:ThmbUp:

OTM Al
06-08-2009, 01:43 PM
No, she never made it to the winners circle, but she seemed to have perked up a bit by the time they walked her off. There was very little humidity, it was just a very stressful race for her.

Tom
06-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Gotta mark that down for the next time I see her...she was really getting hosed off. Last time I saw a horse get that much hosing was at FL after the post parade. :rolleyes:

Robert Goren
06-08-2009, 03:38 PM
No, she never made it to the winners circle, but she seemed to have perked up a bit by the time they walked her off. There was very little humidity, it was just a very stressful race for her.
A Grade I winner and no photo. I'd be disappointed to say the least!

OTM Al
06-08-2009, 04:29 PM
You would have been more disappointed if you lost a grade 1 winner to heat stroke, trust me.

Cat Thief
06-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Gosh I never knew that. Didn't see it. My brother-in-law has a racing channel but it shows race-after-race and sometimes we don't get to see the winners circle at all. Glad she was okay, she is a gutsy filly.

SmartyLane
06-09-2009, 10:16 PM
I couldn't believe she went off at 13-1............I was very impressed with her in the Kentucky Oaks, but Rachel just cooked her in that race. This race was a little shorter then the Oaks, and I thought this was a sure thing that she and JWD double up in that race...........my only good bet all day that actually paid something.

1GCFAN
06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
The ran her heart out on speed favoring track. These MDO fillies can really run. Hope they give her a long rest.