PDA

View Full Version : NYRA--good and bad

lamboguy
06-06-2009, 12:16 AM
i like the fact that they declare non-betting on any scratch of an entry. i lost my money on a race at monmouth with the part of the entry getting scratched at the gate and the other one running. i would never have paid ten cents for the ticket that i held prior to the race with the scratch of the 1A, had i known. i bet lots of races and can't watch all the races that i bet, so i didn't have the chance to cancel

today, belmont carded 2 turf races in the 8th and 9th race. in the morning they scratched the main track only horses. then they took the races off the turf. so now they got more scratches for the guys that will never run their horses on dirt. i know that there are shutoff times for lassix, so guy's don't want to use the stuff if they are not running. other tracks have later shut off times.

NYRA is still the best, and try the hardest and i guess you can't please everyone. NYRA was the last holdout for lassix to begin with. i wish they still held out to this day!

the little guy
06-06-2009, 06:58 AM
today, belmont carded 2 turf races in the 8th and 9th race. in the morning they scratched the main track only horses. then they took the races off the turf. so now they got more scratches for the guys that will never run their horses on dirt. i know that there are shutoff times for lassix, so guy's don't want to use the stuff if they are not running. other tracks have later shut off times.

This is 100% incorrect. The Main Track Onlys in the 8th and 9th were not only not scratched " in the morning "......they ran in the afternoon.

thruncy
06-06-2009, 09:35 AM
i like the fact that they declare non-betting on any scratch of an entry. i lost my money on a race at monmouth with the part of the entry getting scratched at the gate and the other one running. i would never have paid ten cents for the ticket that i held prior to the race with the scratch of the 1A, had i known. i bet lots of races and can't watch all the races that i bet, so i didn't have the chance to cancel

NYRA is still the best, and try the hardest and i guess you can't please everyone. NYRA was the last holdout for lassix to begin with. i wish they still held out to this day!And no scratches yet available from the arrogant folks at BEL & the NYRA. ARROGANT A.H.s

Grits
06-06-2009, 09:41 AM
And no scratches yet available from the arrogant folks at BEL & the NYRA. ARROGANT A.H.s

Its 9:38 a.m., two hours before 1st post, go back to bed, and try waking up with a better attitude.

Sad when one starts the day out bitching.:rolleyes:

miesque
06-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Its 10:15 AM on Belmont Stakes Day, why the hell are scratches not yet posted at nyra.com?

Grits
06-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Up.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/changes/BEL-changes.asp

DeanT
06-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I have three ADW's and the Belmont card is only offered at one of them. Why in the hell would NYRA not get this card out everywhere?

aaron
06-06-2009, 12:48 PM
NYRA acts in strange ways. There is a dispute between Nassau otb and NYRA,so NYRA cuts off its signal that is broadcast over cable television,but allows its signal to be broadcast to Nassau otb's. The only thing NYRA has accomplished is irritating players who bet at home,but then again,NYRA was never into customer service. This would have probably been resolved if Barry Schwartz was still CEO.

miesque
06-06-2009, 01:12 PM
The only thing NYRA has accomplished is irritating players who bet at home,but then again,NYRA was never into customer service. This would have probably been resolved if Barry Schwartz was still CEO.

:D

You sir have hit the nail on the head and also identified the number one reason why I am sitting in my living room instead of the Grandstand at Belmont Park. I have wondered if there is someone whose job at NYRA is simply to come up with new inventive ways to piss off people like myself and last year's bathroom situation was finally the last straw for me, no more Belmont Stakes. I work too hard for my money to put up with shit (literally speaking) like that.

aaron
06-06-2009, 02:30 PM
:D

You sir have hit the nail on the head and also identified the number one reason why I am sitting in my living room instead of the Grandstand at Belmont Park. I have wondered if there is someone whose job at NYRA is simply to come up with new inventive ways to piss off people like myself and last year's bathroom situation was finally the last straw for me, no more Belmont Stakes. I work too hard for my money to put up with shit (literally speaking) like that.
I used to go to the Belmont every year, but they have made the day so long its intolerable.
Chances are they get newcomers who come once and never return because of the length of the day.
I think every positive thing NYRA does is by accident,their intent,no matter what they say is to please a few big shots and not to in anyway take care of people who have given them business for many years.

PaceAdvantage
06-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Once again, I had a great time this year (and it's not because I nailed the big race).

The beer was competitively priced ($7.00 for 16oz...better deal than you get at any other sport venue in NY), the food was good depending on where you got it from (lol) and the lines were pretty short (helps when only 52,000 show up).

Plus I didn't hear any reports of the bathrooms exploding again...

cj
06-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Once again, I had a great time this year (and it's not because I nailed the big race).

The beer was competitively priced ($7.00 for 16oz...better deal than you get at any other sport venue in NY), the food was good depending on where you got it from (lol) and the lines were pretty short (helps when only 52,000 show up).

If $7.00 is competitively priced in New York, I'm glad I'm in OKC.

OTM Al
06-07-2009, 09:32 PM

Its below what is charged in the other sports venues and a few bars around town. Of course the average wage level is also a lot higher than Oklahoma as well......

OTM Al
06-07-2009, 09:35 PM
NYRA acts in strange ways. There is a dispute between Nassau otb and NYRA,so NYRA cuts off its signal that is broadcast over cable television,but allows its signal to be broadcast to Nassau otb's. The only thing NYRA has accomplished is irritating players who bet at home,but then again,NYRA was never into customer service. This would have probably been resolved if Barry Schwartz was still CEO.

Do you realize that they are not even allowed to broadcast their own signal let alone any other on their own ADW because that would compete with these OTBs? The problem is the political structure on racing in NY where OTBs provide politicians all sorts of high paying patronage jobs. If you can figure out a way to fix NY politics, please let us know because I don't think any of us here think its even possible anymore.

cj
06-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Its below what is charged in the other sports venues and a few bars around town. Of course the average wage level is also a lot higher than Oklahoma as well......

Al,

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Glad to know I come across as an idiot.

Tom
06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
The beer was competitively priced ($7.00 for 16oz...

Boy, are you easy! :lol:

Grits
06-07-2009, 10:30 PM

Now there's the acid test for Miesque, she'll know the problem has been worked out--she can return for next year's big day!! LOL

PA, I'm glad you had a fine day. Took you a long time to find your way home, I figured you were still out partying on your winnings.;)

aaron
06-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Do you realize that they are not even allowed to broadcast their own signal let alone any other on their own ADW because that would compete with these OTBs? The problem is the political structure on racing in NY where OTBs provide politicians all sorts of high paying patronage jobs. If you can figure out a way to fix NY politics, please let us know because I don't think any of us here think its even possible anymore.
I realize it and have given up trying to make sense of the politicians and NYRA.
The way things are run in NY,I'll probably have slots in my living room before they have slots at the NY tracks.

the little guy
06-08-2009, 11:39 AM

Aaron, I would have thought you would know the story behind this, but maybe you are unaware so I will provide the link at the end of my post. While there are always two sides to any story, you make this post as though you think NYRA is completely to blame, and you can't possibly believe that.

http://nyra.com/belmont/stories/June032009b.shtml

the little guy
06-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Al,

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Glad to know I come across as an idiot.

It's about time you figured that out.

It's not like DrugS didn't try to explain this to you the other day.

aaron
06-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Aaron, I would have thought you would know the story behind this, but maybe you are unaware so I will provide the link at the end of my post. While there are always two sides to any story, you make this post as though you think NYRA is completely to blame, and you can't possibly believe that.

http://nyra.com/belmont/stories/June032009b.shtml
I understand the dispute and can see NYRA's position,but their actions are counterproductive. If they wanted to take a stand,then they should have cut off the signal to all Nassau OTB's as well as the cable systems. If NYRA had not sold its signal so cheaply from the beginning,we probably wouldn't have this problem.
I also feel that it is unfair that the OTB's can keep NYRA from putting its signal on their betting site,while TVG can show NYRA races. The whole situation makes no sense.
The whole simulcasting situation is a mess.
You work for NYRA,but if you have an unbiased opinion on what is the proper way to handle simulcasting,in general and the problem with Nassau OTB, I would like to hear it.
By the way is NYRA allowed to broadcast its audio on the website ?

point given
06-08-2009, 03:03 PM
One thing NYRA can work on for next year , is to make sure the G1 Manhattan turf race is shown, either on ABC coverage or on the ADW sites prior to the Belmont stakes coverage. Saturday, there was no coverage after the switch over from ESPN to ABC. The ABC coverage was a rehash of stories already done on ESPN plus the Belmont. The Manhattan got lost in the shuffle. Since I don't bet on races I can't see the post parade etc and watch the race, i found it frustrating to be cutoff in the middle of the days racing program. While I understand that ABC has the Belmont coverage and ESPN did the rest of the days racing, it seems the cutoff on the ADW sites was premature and that the customers were not served well and NYRA lost alot of money from viewers playing along at home. This is something that should be easy to fix if there is a some communication by NYRA, ABC/ESPN and the ADW's.

rokitman
06-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Amen. 43+ cents an ounce. Like saying Saddam compared favorably to Hitler in his body count.

riskman
06-08-2009, 06:57 PM
If they wanted to take a stand,then they should have cut off the signal to all Nassau OTB's as well as the cable systems.
You work for NYRA,but if you have an unbiased opinion on what is the proper way to handle simulcasting,in general and the problem with Nassau OTB, I would like to hear it.

Makes no sense whatsoever. The cable subscribers are being screwed. Are they going to get a refund for that part of the services lost because Nassau was in violation of their contract. ?

fmolf
06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Makes no sense whatsoever. The cable subscribers are being screwed. Are they going to get a refund for that part of the services lost because Nassau was in violation of their contract. ?
these disputes are common place across the racing landscape...driven by greed for a bigger slice of the pie an fueled by you and i.....seems to me that the only way this could be rectified is to have every track have the ame agreements with each of the wagering companies....the negotiating of every track with every wagering company is what's behind all this

aaron
06-11-2009, 05:07 PM
According to Nassau OTB they were not even aware of the races being shown on the website. I guess NYRA,for some reason is trying a power play. What I don't understand if NYRA really believes Nassau OTB took advantage of them,why are they simulcasting to Nassau OTB's? This dispute is counter productive. I don't see how withholding the signal can be good for either Nassau or NYRA's bottom line.
If NYRA really wants to see what the value of their signal is worth, they should have withheld it for a better deal years ago. I wonder who was in charge of the simulcasting contracts at NYRA ? Was it Bill Nader ? It would be interesting to know who made these business decisions.

the little guy
06-11-2009, 06:51 PM
According to Nassau OTB they were not even aware of the races being shown on the website. I guess NYRA,for some reason is trying a power play. What I don't understand if NYRA really believes Nassau OTB took advantage of them,why are they simulcasting to Nassau OTB's? This dispute is counter productive. I don't see how withholding the signal can be good for either Nassau or NYRA's bottom line.
If NYRA really wants to see what the value of their signal is worth, they should have withheld it for a better deal years ago. I wonder who was in charge of the simulcasting contracts at NYRA ? Was it Bill Nader ? It would be interesting to know who made these business decisions.

Just in case some people aren't as ready as Aaron to buy Nassau OTB's version, I thought you might want to consider, at the very least, NYRA's response.....

http://nyra.com/belmont/stories/June112009c.shtml

Storm Cadet
06-11-2009, 07:29 PM

Aaron, Nassau OTB paid the rights for the signal for their OTB parlors, NOT for their internet site. If they wanted to also deliver it to their home betting customers, they should have ASKED first to the NYSRWB and also NYRA who owns the rights. And what does that say about Nassau OTB stating publicly that they were not aware of what was showing on their web site?!? Do you really believe that one? That's like saying Cablevision is not aware of what is being shown on a consistent basis over their network of channels!

In American Gangster, Denzel (NYRA)visits Cuba Gooding (N-OTB)and tells him not to change the product (Blue Magic cocaine). It's fine as it is, don't cut it to make more profit from what we sold you. Cuba counters that once you sell it to me, I can do what I want with it! Well, you know who won that argument! FRANK LUCAS-NYRA

BTW, I personally called NYRA today and asked their executive offices why we NYRA One customers cannot get video streaming like Capital OTB, Twin Spires, and other betting internet sites. They stated that presently the politicians will not let the NYSRWB authorize it for NYRA One members! :bang:
I also called TVG and asked them if I joined them here in NY could I see live NYRA racing and the answer is NO.

BUD
06-11-2009, 07:38 PM
7 Bucks for a 16OZ beer-Fenway Park Was Charging 6.50 for an 8OZ Bottle of Water-- I Love New York---But SOB---Things Are EXP----I had to take the Cruiser a few times--course got me in the hot seat--Well Worth it tho--

aaron
06-11-2009, 07:40 PM
I'll ask once again, "what is NYRA accomplishing by with holding its signal. Its obvious Nassau OTB has made a mistake. What does NYRA want them to do ?
How has Nassau OTB failed to fully acknowledge their wrong doing ? If NYRA is convinced they did not acknowledge their wrong doing,then why does NYRA continue to simulcast its signal to the OTB branches ?Are only the bettors from benefitting from Nassau otb's error.
I have an OTB account and never once knew that the signal was on the computer. Its my guess that most in home bettors in Nassau was watching on television.

aaron
06-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Aaron, Nassau OTB paid the rights for the signal for their OTB parlors, NOT for their internet site. If they wanted to also deliver it to their home betting customers, they should have ASKED first to the NYSRWB and also NYRA who owns the rights. And what does that say about Nassau OTB stating publicly that they were not aware of what was showing on their web site?!? Do you really believe that one? That's like saying Cablevision is not aware of what is being shown on a consistent basis over their network of channels!

In American Gangster, Denzel (NYRA)visits Cuba Gooding (N-OTB)and tells him not to change the product (Blue Magic cocaine). It's fine as it is, don't cut it to make more profit from what we sold you. Cuba counters that once you sell it to me, I can do what I want with it! Well, you know who won that argument! FRANK LUCAS-NYRA

BTW, I personally called NYRA today and asked their executive offices why we NYRA One customers cannot get video streaming like Capital OTB, Twin Spires, and other betting internet sites. They stated that presently the politicians will not let the NYSRWB authorize it for NYRA One members! :bang:
I also called TVG and asked them if I joined them here in NY could I see live NYRA racing and the answer is NO.
Finally an answer that makes sense.
Thank you.

Storm Cadet
06-11-2009, 07:46 PM
I'll ask once again, "what is NYRA accomplishing by with holding its signal. Its obvious Nassau OTB has made a mistake. What does NYRA want them to do ?
How has Nassau OTB failed to fully acknowledge their wrong doing ? If NYRA is convinced they did not acknowledge their wrong doing,then why does NYRA continue to simulcast its signal to the OTB branches ?Are only the bettors from benefitting from Nassau otb's error.
I have an OTB account and never once knew that the signal was on the computer. Its my guess that most in home bettors in Nassau was watching on television.

I think it's pretty clear what NYRA wants them to do:

“Now, rather than make simple amends to NYRA which would immediately restore the NYRA picture in the home of its customers, Nassau OTB is going to try and file a frivolous lawsuit against NYRA – which it will lose. Nassau OTB’s irresponsible actions are further vindication of NYRA’s decision to no longer trust Nassau OTB with its signal. The unfortunate consequence of Nassau OTB’s continued bad behavior is the deprivation of the NYRA signal to Nassau County residents in the home. Perhaps if enough Nassau County residents demand that Nassau OTB clean up its act, the signal can be restored prior to NYRA’s Saratoga meet.”

Spendabuck85
06-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Storm Cadet - Not sure if you are aware of this but Twinspires is not allowed to show live video of NYRA races to residents of NY state.

BUD
06-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Storm Cadet - Not sure if you are aware of this but Twinspires is not allowed to show live video of NYRA races to residents of NY state.

Wow Thats nuts-Nothing worse during the Triple Crown When You get that Msg-

I could not Imagine that everday--It would be Bye Bye NTRA or Spires---Hopefully One Day HANA-((US)) we get united and put an end to this BullSh1t--

And I am A NY Guy--Like Many in NYRA ETC--But SH1ts Gotta-Going to change.
Has to or we are all going to lose-

NY BRED
06-12-2009, 05:35 AM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]Once again, I had a great time this year (and it's not because I nailed the big race).

The beer was competitively priced ($7.00 for 16oz...better deal than you get at any other sport venue in NY), the food was good depending on where you got it

my trainer in Florida strongly recommeded I try Saratoga chips when I was
at the Spa last year.While I somehow could not locate that stand at the Spa,
voila, Saratoga Chips was at the Belmont..

Incredible chips , 5 stars from my point..:jump: :jump: :jump::jump: :jump: