PDA

View Full Version : jeff tally

lamboguy
06-05-2009, 08:42 PM
i have never seen a trainer objection get overurned in a race until the 11th at churchill today. miguel mena on a bill mott horse forces my buddies horse out to the parking lot. larry sterling don't claim foul, jeff who bet out on his horse,steps up and claims the foul. the foul occured right in front of the judges, but we all know, its friday night and the judges want to get the hell out the place. jeff makes them look at the obvious foul, and they give him the money.

i call jeff after the race, he says this ones for you babe!!

andymays
06-05-2009, 08:56 PM
i have never seen a trainer objection get overurned in a race until the 11th at churchill today. miguel mena on a bill mott horse forces my buddies horse out to the parking lot. larry sterling don't claim foul, jeff who bet out on his horse,steps up and claims the foul. the foul occured right in front of the judges, but we all know, its friday night and the judges want to get the hell out the place. jeff makes them look at the obvious foul, and they give him the money.

i call jeff after the race, he says this ones for you babe!!

Good for him. He shouldn't use Sterling again.

A Horse I had bet on got put up on a Trainer inquiry several years ago. I believe the Trainer who called it was Mike Puhich.

lamboguy
06-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Good for him. He shouldn't use Sterling again.

A Horse I had bet on got put up on a Trainer inquiry several years ago. I believe the Trainer who called it was Mike Puhich.now you just gave me another trainer that i can now like!

thanks

andymays
06-05-2009, 09:01 PM
now you just gave me another trainer that i can now like!

thanks

I hope you find out what Sterling has to say about it. If it was that flagrant it's kind of weak for him not to stick up for the connections. And what about the Stewards? How weak are they for not seeing it first?

Ian Meyers
06-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I hope you find out what Sterling has to say about it. If it was that flagrant it's kind of weak for him not to stick up for the connections. And what about the Stewards? How weak are they for not seeing it first?

I bet Talley's horse so my opinion might be a little biased but I thought it was a clear-cut DQ. The #1 horse drifted from the 3 path to the 8 path in the last 200 yds forcing out the #2 when he did. Would the #2 have won without that interference? Who can be sure but I was surprised after I saw the head-on that there was no inquiry.

magwell
06-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I hope you find out what Sterling has to say about it. If it was that flagrant it's kind of weak for him not to stick up for the connections. And what about the Stewards? How weak are they for not seeing it first? WEAK ? The "three blind mice" should get days.... but they never have to answer for their lack of judgement, just another problem with the game. SAD

Imriledup
06-05-2009, 10:45 PM
There should be a rule where a jockey gets a fine/suspension if he doesn't claim foul and there ends up being a dq, whether its stewards or trainers.

This is the problem, too many of these riders are friends away from the track and they won't claim foul on their backside buddies.

lamboguy
06-05-2009, 11:29 PM
There should be a rule where a jockey gets a fine/suspension if he doesn't claim foul and there ends up being a dq, whether its stewards or trainers.

This is the problem, too many of these riders are friends away from the track and they won't claim foul on their backside buddies.you got to have a feeling that mr. sterling, a second string rider, didn't want to ruffle mr. bill mott's feather's and maybe ask for a live mount sometime in the future as payback for the no claim, in any event, i am not even blaming the jockey, this happened right in front of the judges in broad daylight. its their job to protect the public. even the guy's that bet mott's horse thought they were supposed to be taken down. talley watched the race intensely and made sure he got the claim in.

when you bet your money you want to be protected from all inequites. not only did jeff stand to lose his large bet, he was going to blow the purse money too.

you have to wonder why the handle's are down. i think i present some of the answer's to those question's.

Sabong
06-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I had the :1: to hit the pick 4 so I was very pissed but I did fear an inquiry during the stretch run & he def did come out but it did look like Jeff's horse hung & was not going by Mott's horse anyway. Sterling was an idiot for not calling but him being aboard played a big part in me leaving that horse out anyway. Taking down a morning line fav with that much of a delay & considering it had to be off a trainers objection was pitiful on behalf of the stewards. I was not so pissed about the result as it made some sense to take that horse down even if I disagree but just the way it was done on behalf of the jock & stewards really pissed me off.