PDA

View Full Version : DERBY POST MORTUMS...

lousycapper
05-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Ok, I have my excuse ready, here goes...
If I woulda, then I coulda and I shoulda...

But seriously folks... my selections finished 2nd and 3rd and they don't pay when you bet them to win. FUNNY CIDE and EMPIRE MAKER had a common race finishing 1st and 2nd. Statistically the 2nd place finisher has a better chance of winning in the rematch. Ok, you say why didn't you bet it "dummie"? I'm asking myself the same question. My answer, "There hasn't been a gelding winner since the year the last depression started! A New York bred has never won the DERBY until now!" Geez, that line of BULL SNARF sure sounds good doesn't it? Well there you have it in a nutshell. Okay, champs what's your excuse? BTW if you had the winner... CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT JOB OF HANDICAPPING!

corp1956
05-03-2003, 09:42 PM
Keyed the 12 W/865 for my big Tri....and Boxed 865 for my exact as a safety......LOL and, I lost it all....what a bummer....but, exciting. I'll never learn.....well, maybe, next time.

Tom
05-03-2003, 10:39 PM
When you get down to it, the race was not very complicated:
Peace Rules 104/105 Contender
Funny Cide 110/99 103 last year...contender
Buddy Gil 104/102 contender
Indian Express 104/97 contender
Empire Maker 111/1008 Contender
10MW 110/92 Contender, but likely to bounce of the big jump

Prime conenders ran 1-2
Make your own odds, ya gotta have the winner.
Easy race. After it was run.
Anyone wanna buy a soveigner $50WPS ticket on 10centsashine????
:mad: :mad:

plainolebill
05-04-2003, 12:38 AM
I had a list of bets to put in and the $5.00 6/12 Exbox never made it. It would have saved the day for me. I didn't think Peace Rules would be that tough but after the race I flashed back to the BC Classic: Frankel 2-3, If only...............Shoulda, Woulda...well theres always another race. Congratulations to those who had the winner.:)

BillW
05-04-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Tom@HTR

Prime conenders ran 1-2
Make your own odds, ya gotta have the winner.
Easy race. After it was run.
Anyone wanna buy a soveigner $50WPS ticket on 10centsashine????
:mad: :mad:

Don't feel too bad, Tom. There were other skeptics out there doubting whether Funny Cide had the balls. :D

Bill

keilan
05-04-2003, 02:35 AM
You wouldn’t believe me if I told ya!

so.cal.fan
05-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Atswhatimtalkinabout ran MUCH BETTER than I thought he would.
He had been suffering with a skin rash (an internal thing) and looked (I'm not sure, I wasn't there in person) to have lost a bit of weight since Santa Anita.
I had sort of dismissed him as a plodder type, with a lot to overcome. He ran very well in spite of all.
Interesting horse in the Belmont, if he keeps going on.

ponyplayer
05-04-2003, 01:50 PM
I had Derby information overload, when it came down to actually making the bet, I boxed the two highest last beyer numbers with a couple of others, peace rules and indian express. The four horse box paid off. More luck than skill.