PDA

View Full Version : June 5th: Snowing at Lake Tahoe

Dave Schwartz
06-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Strange weather we're having. It is really cold here in Reno (for June) at 49 degrees and it is currently snowing at Lake Tahoe.

Dave

cj's dad
06-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Strange weather we're having. It is really cold here in Reno (for June) at 49 degrees and it is currently snowing at Lake Tahoe.

Dave

Shhhhhhhhh !!!! Al Gore might hear you !!

46zilzal
06-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Some places naturally do that. Calgary has recorded snow, historically, on just about each of the 365 days per year.

46zilzal
06-05-2009, 11:21 AM
at 6254 feet it snows more often

Tom
06-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Some places naturally do that. Calgary has recorded snow, historically, on just about each of the 365 days per year.
Lake Tahoe ain't one of them.:D

dav4463
06-06-2009, 02:23 AM
I guess the Lake Tahoe residents do not believe strongly enough in the global warming issue.

JBmadera
06-06-2009, 05:36 AM
something's going on weather-wise! we're going to be wearing rain capes and shoe covers on the ride this a.m. - in JUNE! But given the water trouble, lack of, we're having here in central CA, I'll take it.

jb

maxwell
06-06-2009, 06:51 AM
:20: I just got back from a six-day fishing trip to Thunder Bay, Ontario ( 2 1/2 hours north of there, actually). The first morning it was sleet and freezing rain, and high winds. We couldn't even cross the lake to fish the bays or rivers. Two days later we had the same thing. But we had lots of fish and no bugs ... which is why we go at the end of May every year. :)

There wasn't a single leaf on a tree yet! Some years it's 80 degrees every day. Go figure.

INFRONT07
06-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Lake Tahoe ain't one of them.:D

Sorry to correct you tom;I lived in Tahoe for 8 years;I moved there in June and it snowed 5 feet the day after I got there.one time we had back to back storms and had of eiight feet on the ground before they got around to plowing my street.I had a metal roof on my house and when the sun came out during the day it would melt just a little so all the snow would slide off .It kept on building up during the winter and it was as high as the roof.
I had a jeep and had to but chains on it; many a time I still got stuck as the wheels could;nt touch the ground and I was bottomed out.
we always had snow in our yard in may.very pretty place;but you had to know how to deal with it.
please note my new address:)

Greyfox
06-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Sorry to correct you tom;I lived in Tahoe for 8 years;I moved there in June and it snowed 5 feet the day after I got there.

Interesting post INFRONT07, ....but....
Sorry to correct you INFRONTO7, but if you read Tom's post more carefully he implied that Lake Tahoe wasn't one of those 365 days 46Zil referred to. :cool:

Dave Schwartz
06-06-2009, 10:12 AM
InFront,

I did it the other way around; started in Florida (Hollywood) and moved here.

I lived on the North Shore (Incline) for awhile - up high - in the upper Tyrolian Village. People used to ski down my street to go to the ski area.

Somewhere I have an old picture of 3' of snow above the railing on my deck. It is a bit deceptive because, in truth, the snow isn't actually on the railing. It is actually on the ground which is 38' below.

Back then (1970's) we got no television and only 2 radio channelsup there. It was like there were two or three extra hours in each day.

Where in Florida do you live?

Dave