PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Track Derby Bias

linrom1
05-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Ok folks, here is your quiz for today. How many horses outside post 6 won today?
How many horse outside post 6 won yesterday. The answer is grand total of 1, and that was #8 hole. Now out of the total 16 dirt races during the two days, 10 races were won by horses starting out of gates 5,6, and today 6 out of 10 dirt races were won by horses starting out of #5, 6 holes including Funny Cide.

We've been all let down by CD, especially Empire Maker who ran an incredible race just to overcome the position and inside speed bias.

cj
05-03-2003, 08:13 PM
On any given days at many tracks, you could find stats like that...meaningless IMO. NO big surprises, no big prices.

Oh, and Aldebaran knocked a few people in the grandstand over on his way to victory he was so wide.

CJ

jotb
05-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Hello All

Track was as honest as could be today at Churchill!

linrom1
05-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Aldebaran cut back sharply into the middle , which is why there was an objection as the horse coming second was forced to go wide.

rastajenk
05-04-2003, 09:57 AM
A quick look at the prices yesterday tells me it was about as formful a day as you're gonna get on a "big day" like that. A bias suggests to me that many horses did better than they should have, but I don't see that.