PDA

View Full Version : It's Derby Day!

jotb
05-03-2003, 04:22 PM
Hello Board:

Well, I thought I take the time to post this thread 2 races before the big showdown. I read the race somewhat yesterday but dug in this morning and broke the race down to several contenders. I figured why wait right down to the wire to place a wager so I just made the investment for the Derby.

The BBQ is up and the porterhouse is marinating in a combination of roasted garlic, herbs, and oil. I worked on the salad which is just awaiting the balsamic vingerette. I chose endive, radicchio, red lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and a few calamata olives for decor. I decided to fry up some portabella mushrooms in a white wine sauce. I figured a little starch was necessary so I peel a few potatoes quarter them up, add some garlic (you think I like garlic?), rosemary, parsley, extra virgin olive oil and bake in the oven until brown in color. I should be ready to eat shortly after the Derby. In the meantime, I opened a "95" Armaron Masi which is still breathing and should be ready to go just prior to racetime.

Everything seems to be in perfect order at 4:16PM and hopefully when they come inside the furlong marker all that will be heard is " IT'S ATSWHATIMTALKNBOUT GETTING UP AT THE WIRE TO WIN THE 129TH RUNNING OF THE KENTUCKY DERBY"

Good luck to all,
Joe

Tom
05-03-2003, 05:28 PM
After this horrible day, I am having a baloney sandwhiich and Kool-aid tonight. And tomorrow night, too!

superfecta
05-03-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Tom@HTR
After this horrible day, I am having a baloney sandwhiich and Kool-aid tonight. And tomorrow night, too! Hope thats not Jim Jones Kool Aid Tom....I don't feel so good myself,had Funny on top on some tix,but I put 12 and 5 in the same slots because I thought one would be ITM,not both....:rolleyes:

WINMANWIN
05-03-2003, 11:59 PM
Joe, thats some meal.... Hope you enjoyed it ! Reading your post
I can laugh and call it a day. It started out so well to, but
had some woulda,coulda's, and I havent digested my taco's yet !

freeneasy
05-04-2003, 02:18 AM
i ate an entire cherry pie and for dinner i had a couple of pieces of fish and a can of andersons split pea soup without the can, maybe i should of threw the can in anyway. no celebration here, thats fo sho

plainolebill
05-04-2003, 02:51 AM
Me too Free, I had humble pie.