PDA

View Full Version : LeBron and Serena = no class

cj's dad
06-03-2009, 08:57 PM
he reuses to shake hands with the Magic and she only loses inthe french semis because she played poorly. As she said and I am paraphrasing- it wasn't anything she did, it was about me playing badly.

Good examples of poor sportsmanship.

cmoore
06-03-2009, 09:29 PM
He's practically made every right move since entering the NBA..Let's not blow this out of proportion now..

NJ Stinks
06-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Peter Vecsey discussed this topic in yesterday's NY Post. The readers comments are the bottom of the page are pretty good too.
__________________________________________________ ____

THE biggest mistake the Cavaliers made in Game 6 of the NBA's Eastern Conference finals was not freezing out LeBron James (http://www.nypost.com/topics/topic.php?t=LeBron_James) after intermission. He'd lost his legs, touch, rhythm, handle, swagger and jagged edge. Even his tats appeared exhausted.

And then there were the courtside cops and podium police who got all indignant over LeBron bolting the premises without extending insincere congratulations to the Magic (Dwyane Wade (http://www.nypost.com/topics/topic.php?t=Dwyane_Wade) of the Heat also left the court without shaking hands with the victorious Hawks earlier in the playoffs) or meeting the press for the obligatory graveside eulogy.

"How lame for the league logo-in-waiting to take the Fifth after his team was eliminated in the Sixth," column castigator Frank Drucker harrumphed. "Hey, LeBron, hate to break this to you, but there are times people in way worse (life altering) situations suck it up and speak. You lost a game and a chance to win a title. Deal with it."

More at the link:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06022009/sports/moresports/dont_gang_up_on_quiet_james_172073.htm?page=0

cj's dad
06-05-2009, 10:34 AM
He's practically made every right move since entering the NBA..Let's not blow this out of proportion now..

ESPN just won't listen. The network did a 5 minute piece yesterday or wednesday about the incident and LBJ also was fined $25K by the NBA for being a no show at the post game press conference.

cmoore
06-05-2009, 06:03 PM
ESPN just won't listen. The network did a 5 minute piece yesterday or wednesday about the incident and LBJ also was fined $25K by the NBA for being a no show at the post game press conference.

I know they won't..They will be talking about him going to New York again in the off season..I used to watch espn all the time..Now they just bombard us with New York sports news..It's gotten out of hand..The only show I watch on espn anymore is PTI...

The Judge
06-05-2009, 06:17 PM
how about letting these multi-millionairs fight their own battles. They are super rich in American I'm just in America trying to hit a winner every now and then.

Who cares if they shake hands or not its 2009 not the 1950's or 60's. If they don't feel well they don't play thats just how it is.

Let him pay the fine if he prefers that too. The league sould donate all fines collect to little league sports , this is in addition to what they aready do.

rrbauer
06-05-2009, 08:21 PM
These people didn't get where they're at by being good sports. It was clear that LeBron was burned out and just not capable of taking on the Magic by himself....and his coach didn't have an answer for the Magic either.

Serena looks like a cow these days and it's even-money that she won't finish a tournament because of some physical problem. I think her sister is a better player and has some class to boot!

Marshall Bennett
06-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Just curious , do they test for steroids in tennis ? Her and her sister look like poster kids for the substance . :)

dav4463
06-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Serena has never lost because her opponent outplayed her.....(according to her).....it gets old. I blame her father.

I referee basketball. 99% of the kids who complain about calls and blame the refs for losing have coaches and/or parents who do the same thing.

It's pathetic.

Greyfox
06-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Serena has never lost because her opponent outplayed her.....(according to her).....it gets old. .

Most of the very best top athletes hold the same view including Tiger.

dav4463
06-08-2009, 02:33 AM
I've never heard Tiger Woods say anything bad about an opponent or suggest that his opponent didn't deserve to win.

Same thing for Roger Federer, Tim Duncan, and a host of others. Even Kobe Bryant will admit it when his team just happened to get outplayed.

Greyfox
06-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I've never heard Tiger Woods say anything bad about an opponent or suggest that his opponent didn't deserve to win.

Same thing for Roger Federer, Tim Duncan, and a host of others. Even Kobe Bryant will admit it when his team just happened to get outplayed.

I never said Tiger Woods or any one else said anything bad about opponents.
What I meant was that most of the very top athletes will never ever knock themselves after a loss. Tiger will say the wind came up. Wayne Gretzky would say that the puck got away a bit.

dav4463
06-09-2009, 01:58 AM
I never said Tiger Woods or any one else said anything bad about opponents.
What I meant was that most of the very top athletes will never ever knock themselves after a loss. Tiger will say the wind came up. Wayne Gretzky would say that the puck got away a bit.

I see what you are saying. It's natural for a top athlete to think that he or she should have won if he/she played her best. Still though, a great athlete who gets beat by another great athlete should show respect to the one that beat him/her.