3B Evan Longoria
C Victor Martinez
OF Jason Bay
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Carl Crawford
P Zach Greinke

rgustafson
06-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Still about a month to go in the voting so a lot could happen, but Martinez over Mauer, that's laughable, or maybe you don't think Mauer has played enough games to warrant the top spot.

cj
06-03-2009, 09:22 PM
The guy is batting 350 after 52 games. Mauer has played a month. I'm not saying he shouldn't get in, but I wouldn't call Martinez laughable.

rgustafson
06-04-2009, 08:59 AM
That's true CJ, but haven't both played about the same number of games at catcher?

melman
06-04-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm a fan of Joe Mauer also and he does lead the voting so far. Since it's the AL let's make it Mauer as the catcher and Martinez as the DH. :) Hard for me to ignore a guy hitting for a 350 avg.

Also what is up with the Rays, Jason Bartlett? Have to admit I did not see a 373 avg for him.

Most remarkable of all so far has been the Phils Rual Ibanez. So far this season he is

4th in batting avg
2nd in HR's
1st in runs scored
1st in total bases
1st in slugging pct

Think he has been helped by being in the Phils powerful lineup but this is much more that could have been expected. He has fit in well with the team being a hard worker and a "play the game right" type. Just what the Phils needed another Chase Utley type. :)