PDA

View Full Version : Any Numerology in Your Handicapping?

Cadillakin
06-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I used to know this guy at Santa Anita who played the numbers. He was heavily German accented, clean, always wore a nice coat...and didn’t carry a form. He wasn’t my friend but he sought me out, perhaps because he saw me a lot.. When he would approach me, he never said, "Who do you like" or "how's your day going," he would just start talking.. He didn't really need a response or any feedback... He’d rattle off a bunch of numbers, mumbling about this horse, number3, yesterdays 3rd race, blah, blah, blah.. Just sounds like nonsense. With the German accent, he is doubly hard to understand.. I’m thinking he’s slightly insane.

So one day, he comes up to me nearly foaming at the mouth.. Five races have been completed in the pick six and he nervously unfolds his ticket and shows me that he has the first five picked. Amongst those horses are some big, big, prices. In the last race, he has this really very bad horse singled. I tell him.. "Oh man, I think you got the wrong horse singled here." But he is not listening or caring what I say...He’s mumbling away and I’m trying to shoo him.. In fact, it was a wide open race but this horse was a no-chancer for me.. The only horse in the race that I thought didn't have a chance..

When I finally get him to leave, I tell my buddy, “Well, that crazy guys gonna make some money today, he’s got five and it’s looking impossible to hit six today.” I say; "That horse he singled ain’t got a chinamans chance." A 60-1 shot, that horse.

Well, the horse won by five, and this crazy dude takes down the whole pot by himself. $320,000, not to mention the consolations that paid 5K or so...I’m happy for the guy, he runs over to me and explains every move he made. The 5 horse, the 5th day, the 4 horse, and on and on. I didn’t understand a single thing he said, but I congratulated him and he bought me a beer. I heard he bought a house with his winnings.

Here’s another one for you to ponder; On the seventh day of the seventh month in the year 1977 at Hollywood Park, without realizing the significance of the date, I notice this incredible action on an outsider in the first race. He’s number 7. “What’s up with that,” I ask nobody in particular. A lady informs me it’s July 7, 1977. I say, “Oh.” I watch the race and to my surprise the seven horse wins the race at a grossly underlaid price. I look at the double payoffs to the 7 horse on the board and laugh... What a joke! This number 7 in the upcoming second race looks terrible on form. He wins.... Aaaargh! What’s going on here? The double pays almost nothing. Wow!

The crowd is all turned on to this magic.. They are buzzing.. They all realize the significance of what has happened. What happened next might even have been weirder..

In the remaining seven races, the seven horse was bet down in all of them. I mean bet down big! Ridiculously bet down! One after the other, I watched as the crowed pummeled them down to favoritism or nearly so.

Five of those #7's ran dead last, and one of them ran next to last… And in the one race where the seven horse didn't run terribly, there was an entry, the #1 entry. The second half of that entry broke from the seven stall and that horse ran last!

I know we all view ourselves as somewhat scientific in our approach to the game.. but there are things going on in this world that we can never fully understand... The German guy and the 7-7-77 phenomenon are good examples of that..

andymays
06-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Never done it myself but I have friend that plays that way (not really numerology). One friend always plays a 2-8 and a 6-7 exacta box and sometimes boxes all four in the tri's. The numbers are based on his kids birthdays or ages or something and do come in from time to time. When I see the numbers come in I always think of my Buddy and hope he played the race.

wisconsin
06-03-2009, 04:01 PM
I hit some memorable tri's back when I was nothing more than a novice, and the numbers stuck in my head. I don't play numbers per se, but if I am playing a particular tri, say A/B/CDEF I might throw in the G if that happens to be one of those combos I remember. I have about 5 that I like to see, and have cashed plenty for that extra buck. Only works on wheels as I described, though.

TurfRuler
06-03-2009, 08:10 PM
If'n my number come today, I've always believed in. Numerolory I also believed in it because it is ancient wisdom and it could be knowledge. Simply put 1+2 = 3 11+ 1 = 3 1+4 = 5 12+2 = 5... What does 1+2+9+11+12+57+102.....no matter it stills comes out to the basic 1-9 numbers......But what about coincidence, the same thing if it vibrates to...what would you include. But what about the things that are about you that are keeping your from your destiny... such as this...

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Michelangelo-painting-Kimbell-Art-Museum-tempera-painting/photo//090513/480/11d19c5923f84a91a9ef63add9d53acb/

soupman2
06-03-2009, 08:58 PM
In the derby I studied, and studied. Had all kinds of things working. Went on twin spires bet My sons birthday Aug 12th; My daughters Aug 16; and my twins Aug 27....I only bet $1 exacta boxes because I thought I was totally throwing money away on the 8. I was not going to spend either $60 or $120 to box those numbers in the tri and super....but at least I hit half of the exacta!
And yes, I do it every year, and I am so far ahead over the last 5 years I think I'm set for life....(just for the triple crown races)

Tom
06-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Exactas - box 1 and 5.

Greyfox
06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I count my lucky stars every time I have a winner.
The other day a horse at Hollywood named "Lunch Time" ran.
I couldn't bet him because he wasn't 12-1.

MNslappy
06-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I've got a friend, who's actually a helluva handicapper, who blindly plays a 1-2-3 tri box all the time at CBY.

Bettowin
06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Ok, how about this.

The Derby was on 5-2-09.

5+2+9 = 16 (2nd place)

9 x 2 = 8 (1st place)

9 - (5 +2) = 2 (3rd place)

9 - 5 = 4 (4th place) and extra credit for 8 because this result times 2 = 8 :)

How the hell did I not have the exacta, trifecta and superfecta???

AND...............

The combination of 1-2-4-8 and 2-4-8-16 are the only four number combos that can double with each number and stay under 20:) Would have been two great sets of trifecta and superfecta boxes. Who needs PP's LOL

Bettowin
06-03-2009, 10:44 PM
I've got a friend, who's actually a helluva handicapper, who blindly plays a 1-2-3 tri box all the time at CBY.

I knew a woman at CBY that always played the 2-4 exacta box. When our dog track was open and went to play the ponies I would often blindly play the 1 over the 7,8 and 7,8 over the 1 trifectas. $4 bucks and a lot of fun:)

Bettowin
06-03-2009, 11:56 PM
I am sure from my Derby exercise nobody believes in my expert application of numerology, don't blame you because I don't either but here is my take on the Belmont. It's now or never because by tommorrow the wine will have worn off:)

Belmont running 6-6-2009.

We have three numbers that matter, 2,6 and 9.

Only two numbers can be added together and be under 10 so no play.

The 6 shows up twice so that is a MUST play.

In order, we the two sixes in order cancelling each other out so we are left with 2 and 9. 2 + 9 = 11 and there are only 10 horses so we are left with 9-2 = 7. That makes 7 a MUST play.

Then we go 6 + 6 + 2 minus 9 = 3 So 3 is a must play:)

Lastly, we have to go 6 + 6 minus 2 then minus 9 = 1. There we have it the last horse is the 1.

You have it here. Box the 1,3,6,7 in he exacta, trifecta and superfecta which lead you to great riches. All I ask in return is a small percentage and will post my mailing address on Sunday:)

Shelby
06-04-2009, 11:45 AM
I count my lucky stars every time I have a winner.
The other day a horse at Hollywood named "Lunch Time" ran.
I couldn't bet him because he wasn't 12-1. :lol: