PDA

View Full Version : Pincay Two, just as competent

46zilzal
06-03-2009, 10:28 AM
HPI (Woodbine Entertainment) has picked up HRTV's broadcasts. I am particularly impressed with Laffit Pincay's son and his mastery of their shows. Competent, intelligible, great announcing voice with excellent content, his performance has been exemplary. I actually turn OFF the mute these days to listen to what is being said.

Way to go.

Can recall the first day I saw his father ride at inaugural Oak Tree. I had never heard of him as he was just finished with his contract with Fred W. Hooper, but I learned quickly just who the pirate was and what he could do on a horse's back. ONE OF A KIND.

Glad to see excellence runs in some families.

andymays
06-03-2009, 11:03 AM
HPI (Woodbine Entertainment) has picked up HRTV's broadcasts. I am particularly impressed with Laffit Pincay's son and his mastery of their shows. Competent, intelligible, great announcing voice with excellent content, his performance has been exemplary. I actually turn OFF the mute these days to listen to what is being said.

Way to go.

Can recall the first day I saw his father ride at inaugural Oak Tree. I had never heard of him as he was just finished with his contract with Fred W. Hooper, but I learned quickly just who the pirate was and what he could do on a horse's back. ONE OF A KIND.

Glad to see excellence runs in some families.

Totally agree on the Son.

In 2007 I went up to Santa Anita for the weekend and on a Friday night went to dinner at the Derby. When I walked in the bar Laffit Pincay (the Jockey) was sitting there. I went up to him and introduced myself and told him about a Horse named Bolgers Lead that he had ridden in the final leg of the pick 6 and won with at 16-1. That win (it was a single on my ticket) got me over 500k as the only ticket with 6 in 1994. He immediately demanded 10% but I talked him into taking a couple drinks instead. This man is one of the nicest people on the planet and a great ambassador for Horse Racing. He started showing me some pictures from a recent trip he had taken as if he knew me all his life. If anyone ever has the chance to meet him I'm sure they will say the same thing. "what a guy"!