PDA

View Full Version : Indiana to monitor wagering in real time

FenceBored
06-02-2009, 09:13 AM
"Indiana will become the first state to have its pari-mutuel wagering independently monitored in real time. At its May 29, 2009 public meeting, the Indiana Horse Racing Commission approved Hoosier Park and Indiana Downs to enter an agreement with Advanced Monitoring Systems, Inc. (AMS). System testing will begin later this month, while real time monitoring is expected to commence in July 2009."

-- http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/notices/6-1-09/ihrc-approves-monitoring-on-wagering.html

via Paulick

MaryAinMI
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
GOOD for them!! As usual, Joe Gorajec shows that he takes racing seriously.

Imriledup
06-02-2009, 06:22 PM
What are they going to monitor?, i don't get it.

MzDucat
06-03-2009, 01:01 AM
I do, and I say "Yeah, yeah, yeah". Are you using the same guy who made his money by watching the stock market guys? Izzy.

Never met him but I say good catch on Bernie Madoff. He never made one genuine trade since 1995, but you're going to monitor racing based on your stock monitoring programs and their high success rate. Bernie cooked the books for 15 billion. Not million, but billion. Where were your internet postings of a red flag? Archived back, cannot find them. If you guys were successful, did you only share your incites with other brokers so they could keep their investors? I can see them paying to show a client they are better off staying with Pappa. If so, will bettors or tracks be the benefit of these programs?

I'll be impressed when I'm impressed. Save my praise for a guy who can catch a guy and give him more than a year in prison. The 7-11 camera has a more impressive public track record than the monitor wannabes.

And please don't give me the "We never publically discuss our successes" line.
The check is in the mail, I'll respect you in the morning, and I've had a vasectomy, wanna see the scar baby?"

If you catch someone playing hide the salami please trot out your success in a forum like this where mathematical and analytical minds can access your process. If not, save the pitch for tracks who will sign up so they show how transparent their systems are.

There is real time-and then again there is real time.

Sorry about the bitchy tone, forum guys. Twenty five years need deep in horse sh.. and not a pair of hip waders in sight.

Good concept, though. Real time monitoring.

ALostTexan
06-03-2009, 12:32 PM
GOOD for them!! As usual, Joe Gorajec shows that he takes racing seriously.

Very, very true. Mr. Gorajec is a stand-up guy and I believe that he always has the best interests of racing in mind...