PDA

View Full Version : Belmont early PP's

point given
06-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Can't get started too early, just disregard RA pp's now. Pletcher says Charitable Man is the horse to beat as the lone speed and 2/2 @ Belmont. Can you say slow pace. What no rabbit ? Pletcher is thinking it and will discuss it with owners of Dunkirk. No matter as CM would likely rate off him, like in the Peter Pan. Cold CM / MTB exacta ? Preakness deja vu with alot slower pace.

http://www.drf.com/tc/kentuckyderby/2009/futures/pps/Belmont_contenders.pdf

46zilzal
06-01-2009, 06:50 PM
PP's describe a race with all of it's interactions. Scratch a pivotal one here or there and the entire pace scenario changes. Big Sandy usually runs balanced but a late rain storm could change that. IT IS FAR TOO EARLY to evaluate this field that has not taken final shape

theveep
06-01-2009, 07:52 PM
I too am looking at Miner's Escape. I like how I see the Beyer numbers consistently progressing and improving with each race. Also, this is probably the best early speed horse in the race with Alexandra being out. I would've liked to see longer workouts and a consistent rider on this horse. The dirt experience of this horse looks good though. Anyone know who is riding Miner's Escape?

A horse I absolutely love to use in this race is Chocolate Candy. I really like the workouts with this horse. Also, I think this horse can stalk and run distances. We'll see what happens.

Lou