PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer Spot Plays

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Mountaineer: Race 4

I'll be playing any of the horses below at odds of 7/1 or better to win. Many of the horses I list won't be close to 7/1, but I'll list all contenders anyway.

:6: Diamond Sweet: Returns after being off over 3 months and drops to her lowest level. Will surely be a favorite and will likely be underlayed. Scored in January with a big figure in first career dirt start. Anything close to that effort will easily win this.

:2: Connies June Moon: Will likely be racing well off the pace, but seems to be the only legitimate late speed. Another who figures to be at low odds by post time.

:1: Poison Ivey: Will be making 2nd start or current trainer Sanderson and Houghton takes over the piloting duties which is a positive switch. If the horse can return to the fall '08 form, there's a chance. Figures to have the odds for a nice return.

:3: Shoplifter: Faded late in last at the same level, but turns back 1/2 furlong this time around. Another who figures to be low odds.

..........more races to come.

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Mountaineer Race 5:

Again, 7/1 or better to win.

:9: Twindian Ran a much improved 3rd in last as winner from that race is a repeat winner. Still not convinced that this one like real dirt, but nonetheless a contender.

:10: Kung Fu Slew This gelding will attempt to shorten up today after racing almost exclusively over the last year as a router. Had a runner-up finish in February at 5 1/2 Furlongs, but it was over an off track.

:2: Steel Box The start will be the key for this gelding. Has had trouble at the start in his last 3 starts. With a clean break, he could fare well as this is not the strongest field.

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Mountaineer: Race 4

I'll be playing any of the horses below at odds of 7/1 or better to win. Many of the horses I list won't be close to 7/1, but I'll list all contenders anyway.

:6: Diamond Sweet: Returns after being off over 3 months and drops to her lowest level. Will surely be a favorite and will likely be underlayed. Scored in January with a big figure in first career dirt start. Anything close to that effort will easily win this.

:2: Connies June Moon: Will likely be racing well off the pace, but seems to be the only legitimate late speed. Another who figures to be at low odds by post time.

:1: Poison Ivey: Will be making 2nd start or current trainer Sanderson and Houghton takes over the piloting duties which is a positive switch. If the horse can return to the fall '08 form, there's a chance. Figures to have the odds for a nice return.

:3: Shoplifter: Faded late in last at the same level, but turns back 1/2 furlong this time around. Another who figures to be low odds.

..........more races to come.

Only contender to qualify was the :1: Poison Ivey who was last at the top of the stretch and rallied to run 5th.

Order of Finish: 2-6-3-7

Exacta paid $49.40

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Mountaineer: Race 6

One of those odd races in which it looks like there are two standouts, but both obviously have issues. I'll add one more contender to make it interesting. Will play at 10/1 or better.

:3: Summer Book This gray seems logical based on the fact that the connections spotted this 8yo ambitiously in a 5K Starter Allowance after a 45 day layoff. Looks to be tough.

:8: El Pollo Volando Rivelli shipper certainly the speed if he's right??????

:7: Bear Back Upset potential. Comes back 15 days after a modest effort vs. similar. This will be the 3rd start off layoff and the jock sticks. Hopefully a big effort.

lamboguy
05-31-2009, 08:56 PM

One of those odd races in which it looks like there are two standouts, but both obviously have issues. I'll add one more contender to make it interesting. Will play at 10/1 or better.

:3: Summer Book This gray seems logical based on the fact that the connections spotted this 8yo ambitiously in a 5K Starter Allowance after a 45 day layoff. Looks to be tough.

:7: Bear Back Upset potential. Comes back 15 days after a modest effort vs. similar. This will be the 3rd start off layoff and the jock sticks. Hopefully a big effort.rivelli horse has huge number edge in this race from a decent outside, great picks

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Mountaineer Race 5:

Again, 7/1 or better to win.

:9: Twindian Ran a much improved 3rd in last as winner from that race is a repeat winner. Still not convinced that this one like real dirt, but nonetheless a contender.

:10: Kung Fu Slew This gelding will attempt to shorten up today after racing almost exclusively over the last year as a router. Had a runner-up finish in February at 5 1/2 Furlongs, but it was over an off track.

:2: Steel Box The start will be the key for this gelding. Has had trouble at the start in his last 3 starts. With a clean break, he could fare well as this is not the strongest field.

The only qualifier was the :10: Kung Fu Slew. As suspected, the distance is not his cup of tea. He trailed most of the race and finished 4th after the DQ of :2: Steel Box, who won the race.. The DQ was suspect in my mind, but that's racing.

Order of Finish: 4-1-6-10

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Mountaineer: Race 7

Not much speed in this 6 Furlong sprint. But we still have 4 contenders.

:4: Nevereveryield 6yo looks tough in this spot after improving in his last two efforts. Parker stays up and could show more early foot this time.

:8: Instant Messenger May turn the tables on Nevereveryield. Had to close from the rail in last. He should get more favorable run tonight.

:3: Ocean of Dreams ran a distant second vs. tougher in last going 5 1/2 Furlongs. Another who figures to be closer early today.

:7: Antarctic came back in last vs. tougher to validate his May 5th effort. Improving sort has an outside shot to upset, but has shown a tendency to run for minor awards. Barria takes over for Feliciano. (12/1 or better)

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 09:28 PM

:7: Bear Back Upset potential. Comes back 15 days after a modest effort vs. similar. This will be the 3rd start off layoff and the jock sticks. Hopefully a big effort.

Just as Lambo pointed out, the :8: El Pollo Volando had a huge figure advantage and he showed it with a 15 length romp. No upset with :7: Bear Back.

Order of Finish: 8-2-3-1

Update: 0/3 in with win wagers (-$6.00)

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Mountaineer: Race 8

Contentious race IMO. Some longshot possibilities. Again 7/1 or better unless stated.

:9: Sinner Scooter Davis mare who won easily at this level in last going 1/2 furlong more. Should fit well here.

:10: Stellarton showed late foot in last going wide. Will have to do the same today.

:6: Whos My Momma Parker sticks for this gray filly who has been troubled in last two. With a clean break this 4 yo could be tough.

:4: Miss Hill Road ran an improved 3rd vs similar in last out. Decent record at MNR but hasn't won in a while. Need 10/1 on this one.

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Mountaineer: Race 7

Not much speed in this 6 Furlong sprint. But we still have 4 contenders.

:4: Nevereveryield 6yo looks tough in this spot after improving in his last two efforts. Parker stays up and could show more early foot this time.

:8: Instant Messenger May turn the tables on Nevereveryield. Had to close from the rail in last. He should get more favorable run tonight.

:3: Ocean of Dreams ran a distant second vs. tougher in last going 5 1/2 Furlongs. Another who figures to be closer early today.

:7: Antarctic came back in last vs. tougher to validate his May 5th effort. Improving sort has an outside shot to upset, but has shown a tendency to run for minor awards. Barria takes over for Feliciano. (12/1 or better)

No qualifiers in last as :4: Nevereveryield skimmed the rail to get up.

Order of Finish: 4-1-7

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Mountaineer: Race 9

:4: Moonshine Justice looks too tough for this field.

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Mountaineer: Race 8

Contentious race IMO. Some longshot possibilities. Again 7/1 or better unless stated.

:9: Sinner Scooter Davis mare who won easily at this level in last going 1/2 furlong more. Should fit well here.

:10: Stellarton showed late foot in last going wide. Will have to do the same today.

:6: Whos My Momma Parker sticks for this gray filly who has been troubled in last two. With a clean break this 4 yo could be tough.

:4: Miss Hill Road ran an improved 3rd vs similar in last out. Decent record at MNR but hasn't won in a while. Need 10/1 on this one.

God I hate chalk!!! 2 qualifying bets. The :6: Whos My Momma ran second at 7/1. I wanted to edit my pick of the :4: Miss Hill Road, but oh well...........one more chance tonight.

Order of Finish: 7-6-1-10

Burls
05-31-2009, 10:24 PM
MNR R:9:

:4: /:1: :2: :7: /:1: :2: :7: TRI
:1: :4: :7: TBX

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Mountaineer: Race 10

No fireworks so far at the mountain. Maybe this will be the race.

:10: Why Why Wynn Won easily vs. bottom level Maiden Claimers in last. Could repeat with improvement.

:1: Victor's Palace looks to be very tough in this spot. With a drastic "hidden" drop, this gray should benefit greatly.

:3: Sherry Wine just missed vs. similar in last out. Should be close up again. 10/1 or better

:7: Matt's Marauder definitely seems to prefer dirt over a synthetic surface. He will need some late punch tonight if he wants to win.

lamboguy
05-31-2009, 10:47 PM

:10: Why Why Wynn Won easily vs. bottom level Maiden Claimers in last. Could repeat with improvement.

:1: Victor's Palace looks to be very tough in this spot. With a drastic "hidden" drop, this gray should benefit greatly.

:3: Sherry Wine just missed vs. similar in last out. Should be close up again. 10/1 or better

:7: Matt's Marauder definitely seems to prefer dirt over a synthetic surface. He will need some late punch tonight if he wants to win.last race going to go against the grain here, i know the 10's last race was a good one and was a tougher one than the 2, but i don't think the 10 will like to go 6 panel's here, taking shot on the 2. thanks for all your work tonight, and good luck

coach_lowe
05-31-2009, 11:00 PM

:7: Matt's Marauder definitely seems to prefer dirt over a synthetic surface. He will need some late punch tonight if he wants to win.

Only qualifier :3: Sherry Wine failed to come through making me 0/6 on my plays tonight. Guess that's the nature of the beast though.

Order of Finish: 10-5-2-6

Recap:

6 Plays
0 Winners

Profit: -$12.00 (Based on $2 Wagers)

..........Until next time.