PDA

View Full Version : Ever Been in the Zone?

strapper
05-31-2009, 06:44 PM
I prefer to think positive when handicapping but I know that the graph of horseplaying is no straight line. The absolute best of times is when you can do no wrong, when you're in the zone like an athlete making all the right moves on the sports field. Let's hear about those mindboggling great days that you've never forgotten!

ManeMediaMogul
05-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Oaks-Derby weekend Bird Town wins the Oaks and Funny Cide wins the Derby!

An unbelievable weekend - one of about 10 I have had in my life where I was so in tune with my handicapping that I was invincible.

Made over $25,000 that weekend on relatively small wagers as I had definite opinions and they were spot on. It was amazing.

Had a few days like that when I was training too.

The best one was winning a Grade 3 off an eight-month layoff and paying $42.00. Every bet I made that day won.

I left Golden gate Fields with an unbelievable amount of money. Then, the jock and I get on the plane (pre 9-11) and tell the stewardess that all the drinks are on us.

Fifty nuns get on the plane and the entire bar tab only amounted to $200. We get to the airport in Burbank and my clients are waiting at the gate with champagne and confetti. It was the best day of my life. Every time I think about it I smile.

Dave Schwartz
05-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Interesting idea - streak management.

Baseball theoreticians have said that there is no statistical proof that hitting streaks are anything more than temporary statistical abberations. Yet, I have been in enough dugouts at some reasonably high levels to say that it sure doesn't feel that way from inside the game.

I can remember times when a guy would be coming up in a clutch situation and, while the dugout was rooting for him, we knew that in the past few games they guy just couldn't hit.

ANd of course, there were positive feelings as well.

If one did go into hot/cold streaks, it would mean that "session play would work to your advantage.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Imriledup
05-31-2009, 09:30 PM
I've been in a zone where i was 100% convinced that no matter who i played i was going to win and i have had it the other way that no matter who i played, i had no chance.

jballscalls
05-31-2009, 10:11 PM
the zone is when you are hitting on all cylinders, everything you THINK is going to happen actually does happen. you walk out of the track thinking, i could actually do this for a living, and do it well.

then you go back the next day, and it's gone :(

KidCapper
05-31-2009, 11:57 PM
I had a "zone moment" on Saturday where I could do no wrong. I told my buddies I felt I " knew the answers before the questions". But the laws of inevitability kicked in on Sunday and the questions got harder.

Hajck Hillstrom
06-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Opening night at the Hollypark in April of `05, hit the late Pik4 on the card for over 11 dimes on a $24 ticket. I awoke the next morning flushed with confidence and played a $16 PlacePikAll ticket that swept the pool for over $21,000. I've been trying to emulate that ROI ever since, but never managed to surpass it. $32k on a $40 bet will be tough to improve on.

wisconsin
06-01-2009, 10:23 AM
I think that when you are in the zone, you just know when you know, and everything seems to come easily. The hardest part is to bet boldly enough to take full advantage of it.