PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Race 1

Zenyatta To Crush
05-31-2009, 04:10 PM
What was Tyler Baze doing on the 1/2 favorite Excessive Blend? It seemed like he was purposely holding her back all the way to the stretch. In her first race, Bejarano let her run early on after breaking bad, and she won easilly. It seemed that if Baze would have let her run earlier on, she wouldn't have been such a handful and would have won.

Imriledup
05-31-2009, 04:14 PM
You mean she didn't win? Even after Brad Free picked her on top?

Cadillakin
05-31-2009, 04:20 PM
In hindsight, he probably should have just let her run along... After breaking slow in her prior race, Bejarano pushed her along and she responded well to that...

But do note, she didn't train at all from March 22 to May 3rd.. Also, IMO, her action seemed better/lower at Santa Anita.

Zenyatta To Crush
05-31-2009, 04:26 PM
You mean she didn't win? Even after Brad Free picked her on top?
I've lost a lot of money using Brad Free's picks as my deciding factor. His picks never do well for me.

MickJ26
05-31-2009, 04:35 PM
I've lost a lot of money using Brad Free's picks as my deciding factor. His picks never do well for me.

Great, there goes my single in the early pick 4.
Actually, Brad Free did pick a nice price yesterday with Haji's Honor, paid $18.
Even the best handicappers in the world will lose most of the time.

Imriledup
05-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Down below. (show pool race 3)

andymays
05-31-2009, 08:40 PM
I had Excessive Blend on my watch list because of the way she won her first race. She got left to be away last and then pulled herself near the lead and won going away.

After that impressive win on March 8th there was a workout on March 22nd and then no works until May 3rd. Gaps like that are never a good sign. She did come back with some fast works but Bruno DeJulio and staff of www.racingwithbruno.com said this about her most recent work...

EXCESSIVE BLEND 05/24 Sa/ft 6f 111.4h
Final 3/8ths in 36.3. All out pressure to finish while shifting her ground.
Questionable finish.

Add up the gaps and the negative workout comments by Bruno and you have a great 1-2 shot to bet against. I just happened to bet the wrong one to beat her.

I did think the ride was questionable but the warning signs were there!

kitts
06-01-2009, 03:28 PM
One should never lose money due to the opinion of a public handicapper. To have any remote chance of winning in this game, you need to be rock solid with your own opinion.

BlueShoe
06-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Perhaps my favorite way to eliminate shaky chalk is a bad workout pattern.We discussed this in a recent thread on recency.Some of them do win,but are good go against types.Did not go racing yesterday,so cannont comment about race 1 at Hol.

exiles
06-18-2009, 06:40 PM
What was Tyler Baze doing on the 1/2 favorite Excessive Blend? It seemed like he was purposely holding her back all the way to the stretch. In her first race, Bejarano let her run early on after breaking bad, and she won easilly. It seemed that if Baze would have let her run earlier on, she wouldn't have been such a handful and would have won.

If you want to see an incompetend ride, watch the 5th race at Hollywood, watch SOLIS blow the race to Sorenson ,Why these trainers ride this over the hill bum is beyond me. watch him fall asleep w/ much the best horse , what a bum.