PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Park

Lasix67
05-29-2009, 10:12 PM
The developmental plans for Hollywood passed unfortunately. It looks like this years Fall meet will be the final one at this American gem. :(

Cadillakin
05-29-2009, 10:26 PM
The developmental plans for Hollywood passed unfortunately. It looks like this years Fall meet will be the final one at this American gem. :(
That's a bummer.. It's the only California dirt track that I can decipher with confidence... I'll be doubling up on my turf bets, wherever they run..

Life is changing.. and I'm not happy about it.. but what can you do?

Imriledup
05-29-2009, 10:26 PM
This is probably the beginning of the end for California racing.

Ten years from now people will be saying "remember when Calif used to have Thoroughbred racing"

Synthetics chased away all the big bettors and now they can't even fill 5 cards per week.

plainolebill
05-30-2009, 01:20 AM
This is probably the beginning of the end for California racing.

Ten years from now people will be saying "remember when Calif used to have Thoroughbred racing"

Synthetics chased away all the big bettors and now they can't even fill 5 cards per week.

Wake up pal, Hollywood was on the table before synthetics were installed.

Bettowin
05-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Wake up pal, Hollywood was on the table before synthetics were installed.

Does that help California racing in any way? Let the strong survive:)

plainolebill
05-30-2009, 03:06 AM
Does that help California racing in any way? Let the strong survive:)

?

Hajck Hillstrom
05-30-2009, 10:22 AM
That's a bummer.. It's the only California dirt track that I can decipher with confidence... Dirt?

Life is changing.. and I'm not happy about it.. but what can you do?Play poker?

46zilzal
05-30-2009, 11:27 AM
IF there were any leadership nationally or state-wide, there would be emergency tax incentive breaks to save the track. THERE WON'T be however.

46zilzal
05-30-2009, 11:34 AM
OTHERS should LEARN from this, but they won't

Imriledup
05-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Big bettors are staying away from the plastic and rubber.

jballscalls
05-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Big bettors are staying away from the plastic and rubber.

interseting, the biggest bettors i know in Seattle and in Portland focus on Southern California, i think back east they do stay away though

Imriledup
05-30-2009, 10:25 PM
interseting, the biggest bettors i know in Seattle and in Portland focus on Southern California, i think back east they do stay away though

What do you consider a big bettor?

jballscalls
05-30-2009, 10:28 PM
What do you consider a big bettor?

the guys that bet the most volume at Emd and PM LOL

Imriledup
05-30-2009, 10:37 PM
the guys that bet the most volume at Emd and PM LOL
:lol:

dylbert
05-30-2009, 10:48 PM
IF there were any leadership nationally or state-wide, there would be emergency tax incentive breaks to save the track. THERE WON'T be however.California is BROKE! So, you better trying calling THE LONE RANGER... :lol:

Thoroughbred racing will become an east of the Mississippi River phenomenum. California will have minor league/fair circuit t-breds and Los Al will continue to run quarterhorses.

Another question is where will California breeding industry migrate? Don't need as many Cal-breds as industry shrinks.

jballscalls
05-30-2009, 10:56 PM
:lol:

i wasnt disagreeing with your statement, just saying that i've seen the opposite here. But California has always been king here in the NW. basically people bet about the same amount on CD, AP and NY, and then No. Cal and So. Cal are way the top two.

and you shouldnt laugh, our biggest bettors push alot through the windows, a couple of them would be called big bettors by anyones standards.

Imriledup
05-30-2009, 10:59 PM
i wasnt disagreeing with your statement, just saying that i've seen the opposite here. But California has always been king here in the NW. basically people bet about the same amount on CD, AP and NY, and then No. Cal and So. Cal are way the top two.

and you shouldnt laugh, our biggest bettors push alot through the windows, a couple of them would be called big bettors by anyones standards.

I'm laughing WITH you, of course!

Big bettors usually bet So Cal because the pools are big enough to absorb their action....so, the biggest players in the country are playing into the biggest pools.

jballscalls
05-30-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm laughing WITH you, of course!

Big bettors usually bet So Cal because the pools are big enough to absorb their action....so, the biggest players in the country are playing into the biggest pools.

my bad, i've gotten overly sensitive from getting yelled out in Off topic :)

Imriledup
05-30-2009, 11:12 PM
my bad, i've gotten overly sensitive from getting yelled out in Off topic :)

That's ok! You know, i wasn't making fun of their bet sizes, i was just curious what is considered a big bettor in your neck of the woods.

RXB
05-30-2009, 11:51 PM

The synthetic track at Churchill chased them away, too, and now they can't fill 5 cards a week there, either.

Oh wait... Churchill doesn't have a synthetic surface...

Imriledup
05-30-2009, 11:52 PM
The synthetic track at Churchill chased them away, too, and now they can't fill 5 cards a week there, either.

Oh wait... Churchill doesn't have a synthetic surface...

:confused:

RXB
05-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Exactly.

Imriledup
05-30-2009, 11:57 PM
Exactly.

What's your point, i don't get it. What are you trying to say?

cj
05-31-2009, 12:13 AM
The developmental plans for Hollywood passed! It looks like this years Fall meet will be the final one at this American gem. :)

I fixed that for you!

The less tracks, the better. The less infrastructure, the less it will cost to put on the show. Eventually, some day, maybe the cost for players will go down as well! (Yeah, right.)