PDA

View Full Version : Help Keep Horse Slaughter Out of the U.S.

juanepstein
05-29-2009, 04:23 PM
https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2577

bane
05-30-2009, 11:44 AM
...I hate it but I think it is a necessary evil.

kenwoodallpromos
05-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Since consumers say older horses taste better, and BNLM likes 10 yr olds, at least put age 10 (verified) as a minimum?

WinterTriangle
05-30-2009, 09:14 PM
...I hate it but I think it is a necessary evil.

Please don't feel attacked, as this is not my purpose, but I feel the need to address one of my least favorite "euphemisms". I realize it has become a figure of speech, but I find it disturbing. Maybe some people will like to bat around a philosophical discussion.:) It has nothing to do with your opinion, per se, but about the use of a cop-out euphemism that people use to cover all the bases somehow in their own minds.

You used the terms "hate" and "evil".

I find nothing "necessary" about evil. Nor do I believe that perpetuating evil, or stuff I hate, is unavoidable.

We have choice, responsibility, and morality when it comes to making decisions, right? I can see a situation where an evil action can be mitigated by circumstances, i.e., I may need to kill you in order to remain alive. But I can't apply that to less dire situations where choice is available, and my life is not in danger. I would not have a good "excuse", in other words, for my actions.

Since the only definition of "necessary evil" I can come up with is: Something that is objectively wrong morally, but subjectively okay when done for the greater good.

......I need to know the greater good/benefit is here.

...........So, what are the benefits of slaughtering horses in the US of A?

juanepstein
06-01-2009, 12:39 AM

bump and get a little more.;)