PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Stakes: Recommended Seating

RobinFromIreland
05-29-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm heading to Belmont for the big race next weekend (may even go very early to catch the Derby (ahem, Epsom Derby) in the morning.

I'm bringing my non-racing-fan girlfriend (but who loves Rachel Alexandra, so fingers crossed), so I'm happy to splash out.

I'm not sure where the best place to sit is. Plus I like watching races from different positions but like the option of ensuring I've somewhere to sit if I come back to the grandstand. I'd also like to bring to some food/drinks with us as it would be a long day.

Looking at the following 2 seating plans: Image (http://www.eseats.com/sports%20images/belmontstakes.gif) and PDF with prices (http://www.belmontstakes.com/UserFiles/file/Belmont%20Stakes%202009%20RS%20application.pdf), and to anyone whose been to the Belmont Stakes before, what would you recommend?

samyn on the green
05-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Sections M-T are the prime seats. Look for preferred grandstand seats. The third floor is best, 2nd floor is acceptable. The seats in sections AA-DD are near the top of the lane and should be avoided. The worst seats may be in the clubhouse, these seats are well past the finishline and offer a poor viewpoint to watch the races. Any reserved seats on the apron are worthless and offer a limited view.

Run Nicholas Run
05-29-2009, 04:36 PM
the best place to sit on
Belmont day is in the grandstand
at MONMOUTH PARK :lol: :D :ThmbUp: :cool: :)

RobinFromIreland
05-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Sections M-T are the prime seats. Look for preferred grandstand seats. The third floor is best, 2nd floor is acceptable. The seats in sections AA-DD are near the top of the lane and should be avoided. The worst seats may be in the clubhouse, these seats are well past the finishline and offer a poor viewpoint to watch the races. Any reserved seats on the apron are worthless and offer a limited view.

Thanks so much, i'll check it out.

Btw, love that avatar.

One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?' Guy's got a nice head of white hair, it's beautiful.

RobinFromIreland
05-29-2009, 04:52 PM
I called Belmont.

They informed me (although seemed even a little unsure themselves) that only way to get tickets is to download a form from the website, fill it out, fax it in and get the tickets in the mail. I couldn't even find out if the seats I wanted were available.

Is this really the best they can do? Not another way?

samyn on the green
05-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Are you in Ireland now? If you are in the states you should try E-bay or if you go to Belmont they have a ticket office why you can buy tickets ahead of time. I called Belmont.

They informed me (although seemed even a little unsure themselves) that only way to get tickets is to download a form from the website, fill it out, fax it in and get the tickets in the mail. I couldn't even find out if the seats I wanted were available.

Jinxed
05-29-2009, 05:50 PM
You can order online or by phone for the Belmont from www.stubhub.com/ or call them at 1866 stubhub. Their prices aren't bad and they have some good tickets left. They guarantee you will get them for the Belmont. Ebay is an option, but if you are overseas you just aren't going to get them in time I don't think. I would prefer to be inside, as the weather picture isn't looking pretty.

bishlap
05-29-2009, 08:24 PM
recommended seating? How 'bout Mine That Bird's saddle?

depalma113
05-29-2009, 08:42 PM
I recommend staying home. Who wants to watch a bunch of garbage run a mile and a half. Maybe Mine That Bird can spike a temperature, so this game can get what it deserves, a truely worthless grade one.

Saratoga_Mike
05-29-2009, 08:43 PM
I recommend staying home. Who wants to watch a bunch of garbage run a mile and a half. Maybe Mine That Bird can spike a temperature, so this game can get what it deserves, a truely worthless grade one.

Another true lover of t'bred racing!

Jinxed
05-29-2009, 08:50 PM

I think a join day just this month says it all. :lol:

Saratoga_Mike
05-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I called Belmont.

I've been to the Belmont three times, and each time I purchased seats from scalpers just outside the entrance. In each case, I paid face value or less for the tickets. With RA out of the Belmont, I would virtually guarantee you will be able to buy seats at the event at a discount to face value. I would NOT pay a premium on ebay or any other ticket broker website.

depalma113
05-29-2009, 09:02 PM
I think a join day just this month says it all. :lol:

Just joined this month? That's funny! Why because the site locked me out because of my old email address and I was forced to add an extra one to my handle to get back in?

I've been posting here a lot longer than you have.

depalma113
05-29-2009, 09:18 PM

I kind of prefer Grade One races to contain Grade One horses, but hey that's just me.

ghostyapper
05-29-2009, 09:25 PM

The belmont stakes card is typically one of the best cards anywhere of the year. Just because the main race will not be loaded with stars does not mean you should just crap on the whole day.

Relwob Owner
05-29-2009, 10:24 PM

Off topic-your box is full....

point given
05-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I've been to the Belmont three times, and each time I purchased seats from scalpers just outside the entrance. In each case, I paid face value or less for the tickets. With RA out of the Belmont, I would virtually guarantee you will be able to buy seats at the event at a discount to face value. I would NOT pay a premium on ebay or any other ticket broker website.

This is true. Buy in the car park or outside the side entrances. print out the seating diagram so you can see where the seats are ,; and the grandstand section m-t is best on second level, avoid top level and also bring binocs as belmont is a huge track. Have a great time.:ThmbUp: