PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER un-necessary taser death

46zilzal
05-28-2009, 03:55 PM
16 year old with no criminal record murdered, and they will get away with it again.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/28/michigan.taser.death/index.html

Glad to report that the RCMP who nailed an unarmed frightened Polish immigrant five times with tasers as he was lifting a VERY DANGEROUS staple gun in the air, are going to have the book thrown at them as it was caught on tape and as nothing like the officers described. They even limited Emergency Medical teams acess to try and revive him

Warren Henry
05-28-2009, 04:14 PM
16 year old with no criminal record murdered, and they will get away with it again.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/28/michigan.taser.death/index.html

Glad to report that the RCMP who nailed an unarmed frightened Polish immigrant five times with tasers as he was lifting a VERY DANGEROUS staple gun in the air, are going to have the book thrown at them as it was caught on tape and as nothing like the officers described. They even limited Emergency Medical teams acess to try and revive him

It is refreshing to me to see that you hate authority figures on both sides of the border. I thought it was only on the US side.

46zilzal
05-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Out of control police represent an epidemic. They should be held accountable when going off the deep end.

Warren Henry
05-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Out of control police represent an epidemic. They should be held accountable when going off the deep end.

And, you would be the sole judge of whether or not a particular police action was justified or off the deep end. Were you there? What makes you a qualified expert in this instance?

JustRalph
05-28-2009, 05:25 PM

Show me the out of control point in the article?

At what point were they out of control? You are bitter old bastard who cannot stand apparently anybody in uniform.......... you are a sad person

46zilzal
05-28-2009, 06:27 PM
More cases are coming before the courts all the time.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0812/p01s09-usju.html

46zilzal
05-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Show me the out of control point in the article?

At what point were they out of control? You are bitter old bastard who cannot stand apparently anybody in uniform.......... you are a sad person
just go to You Tube they document many cases including the nutty RCMP at Vancouver Airport killing a poor guy who easily could have been talked out of his predicament but that HAD to use their big stick. We have several retired RCMP on our security patrol at the track and they are disgusted by the lack of forethought in blasting this poor guy and then keeping the EMT people away while one had his knee right over the stunned guys carotid.

These guys are all going to get reprimanded to the limit for murdering a guy for simply being confused in a foreign country. A forty year old out of shape fellow who had been lost in transit not knowing the language and he was killed for it.

PaceAdvantage
05-28-2009, 06:34 PM
TASERs are still considered non-lethal force, are they not?

Yeah, some people are going to die because of weak hearts...these same people might die from a heart attack if involved in any sort of struggle with the police...taser or no taser.

Sometimes, shit happens.

46zilzal
05-28-2009, 06:38 PM
TASERs are still considered non-lethal force, are they not?

Yeah, some people are going to die because of weak hearts...these same people might die from a heart attack if involved in any sort of struggle with the police...taser or no taser.

Sometimes, shit happens.
if 5 or ten were killed, particularly those on meth or angel dust that is one thing, but over 330?
http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/report/tasers-potentially-lethal-and-easy-abuse-20081216

PaceAdvantage
05-28-2009, 06:44 PM
334 over seven years....that's about 48 per year....nationwide....

Or put another way, less than one per year per state....kind of puts it into perspective.

Now, if you can tell me how many people get "tazed" in the USA every year, then maybe we can conclude whether or not we're dealing with an epidemic, like you make it out to be....

turfnsport
05-28-2009, 06:45 PM
If you
A. stay out of trouble
B. listen to an order given by the police

There is a 99.99999% chance you won't get tasered.

For me, I can live with those odds.

Tom
05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Tasers would be used less if the suspects were not out of control.
But personally, I think they should be outlawed. Just use a good old .38 and be done with it! :lol: Bang bang!

ezrabrooks
05-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Tasers would be used less if the suspects were not out of control.
But personally, I think they should be outlawed. Just use a good old .38 and be done with it! :lol: Bang bang!

That would be a 44 mag being pointed atcha... The ulitimate Taser..

Ez

JustRalph
05-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Here are some facts

http://www.taser.com/research/statistics/Pages/FieldUseandStatistics.aspx

several studies