PDA

View Full Version : Nice OTB music

jognlope
05-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Sometimes the most wonderful jazz standards and tunes come up between races. Just heard, maybe Stan Getz (any saxophone player who I don't hear the name announced is automatically Stan Getz) play Over the Rainbow. I just get my jazz on the OTB channel.

There is no special reason for this post....other than very very tired at the end of my work week with tedious work (glad to have I guess) and the jazz and chocolate are working to get me through a few more reports.

BombsAway Bob
05-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Great tunes between races @ Delta Downs, on the simo Feed. Track announcer Don Stevens even asks players for song requests from time to time, since their producer has a "Loaded Ipod" ready to select from..
Yet They still don't have "The Bottom Line" by Big Audio Dynamite,
with the opening line, "...Th..Th..Th..Horses ...are ON THE TRACK!"

jognlope
05-28-2009, 03:49 PM
I knew there was a reason I liked racing!

BlueShoe
05-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Hollypark has been doing the same thing for the last few meets.One piece before each race;music from the big band,swing,or singers from the 1930's-1950's era.

SMOO
05-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Great tunes between races @ Delta Downs, on the simo Feed. Track announcer Don Stevens even asks players for song requests from time to time, since their producer has a "Loaded Ipod" ready to select from..

:ThmbUp:

That & the Carly Simon song where she talks about her boyfriend's horse @ Saratoga ("and your horse naturally won"). :lol:

bishlap
05-28-2009, 05:00 PM
:ThmbUp:

That & the Carly Simon song where she talks about her boyfriend's horse @ Saratoga ("and your horse naturally won"). :lol:you're so vain...I bet OTB by phone, only music I hear is, "the race u entered is not available," or, "your current balance is ZERO Dollars"

Run Nicholas Run
05-28-2009, 05:20 PM
you're so vain...I bet OTB by phone, only music I hear is, "the race u entered is not available," or, "your current balance is ZERO Dollars"

thats a good one. :lol:

Hajck Hillstrom
05-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Hollypark has been doing the same thing for the last few meets.One piece before each race;music from the big band,swing,or singers from the 1930's-1950's era....diggin' it!

strapper
05-28-2009, 08:19 PM
I like smooth jazz like the stuff they play on the Weather Channel.

BombsAway Bob
05-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Rich Perloff not only has a toolbox, he also has an excellent music collection, judging by his recent "Zero Tolerance Tuesday" musical selections, including "X":jump:

ezrabrooks
05-28-2009, 09:04 PM

Stevens will even play songs that appy to one of the runners in the upcoming race. Over the Rainbow...who ever does the song at the end of the movie You Got Mail...does it right.

Ez