PDA

View Full Version : D. Wayne Lukas QUOTE on the Derby

Jrdhorse
05-02-2003, 10:11 AM
Just to cloud your Derby analysis even further. D. Wayne Lukas was quoted in the New York Post saying the he guarantees that TEN CENTS A SHINE will hit the board and may even win the DERBY!!!!!!!

Pretty bold statement to say the least but who would know better than him.

andicap
05-02-2003, 03:29 PM
He's not God. He's ran his share of dogs in the Derby that finished dead last.

Best piece of advice I can give for betting the Derby: Ignore what everyone else says and trust your instincts. I do look at how horses are working in the morning because those that don't look especially sharp don't tend to run as well.

In Saturday's form, Mike Welsch in the DRF reports that Peace Rules was drifting out a little in his work on Thursday.

plainolebill
05-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Even if Lukas has 10 Cents a Shine feeling good again, how fit can he be? Hasn't run a lick this year. I think he'll run about 14th.

Bill

lousycapper
05-02-2003, 05:57 PM
If TEN CENTS A SHINE wins the Derby I will seek another way to make money. Perhaps some of those bankrupt Dot-Com stocks will become valuable again, as wallpaper.

-L.C.

WINMANWIN
05-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Yes hard to gauge Lukas.I caught scrimshaw in the lexington
and I bought the throat operation.The bullet breeze also excited me with scrim prior to the lexington. Ten Cents A Shine has bullet WORKS and horrible form ON PAPER. The story with TEN CENTS A SHINE is, His teeth needed to be FILED.....:eek: I will include both with Empire Maker In my wagers. The reason I am some what skeptical is, All the writers Hate him and said the Works are
Not impressive. What also bothers me is, Lukas worked THE SHINE at 5:00 AM and I have my DOUBTS if the flashlites were ON !:confused:

tanda
05-02-2003, 11:51 PM
The reason I am some what skeptical is, All the writers Hate him and said the Works are Not impressive

Are these the same writers who ignored War Emblem and loved Saarland?