PDA

View Full Version : Ready to toss around some of the others?

WinterTriangle
05-27-2009, 02:25 AM
Anybody ready to just throw in a few thoughts?

I'm not counting on RA or MTB winning the Belmont. Neither is fresh, and history is against them.

INFRONT07
05-27-2009, 04:35 AM
SUMMER BIRD:)

depalma113
05-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Anybody ready to just throw in a few thoughts?

I'm not counting on RA or MTB winning the Belmont. Neither is fresh, and history is against them.

It's a good thing history isn't running.

badcompany
05-27-2009, 07:51 AM
I'd be inclined to buy into this theory if the fresh horses were in the league of the top two, but they're not.

SmartyLane
05-27-2009, 11:08 AM
It's a good thing history isn't running.

LOL.......history has been getting it's butt kicked over the recent years

Run Nicholas Run
05-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Charitable Man likes the Belmont course :cool: and Brave Victory
is the "lesser" of the 2 Zito starters. ;)
Both coming out of the Peter Pan although that hasnt been
too successful over the last 10 years.

WinterTriangle
05-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Just thinking out loud here, about a few of 'em / exotics. At 12F, I'm a believer in the "anything can happen" scenario.

Stamina to make it to the wire, i.e. I'm looking for a BRED FOR this distance and/or horse for the course.

Summer Bird closed ground that race at Oaklawn, but shorter distance race. Doesn't translate to a longer distance. He's working in Louisiana, and the weather there is uber humid right now, so at least he'll have no heat related problems in NY if it's hot. :) Switching to Desormeaux probably beneficial as he has more experience over BM than Talamo.

I do like CM. Lemon Drop Kid won a Belmont---another one who will have no problem with distance, nice stamina index at 0.74 --- and fresh and off a great prep. He could win this thing.

Disagree with Nickolas about Brave Victory. He is inconsistent, not lesser. :) Usually close to the pace but if he's not, has a pretty good closing kick. I thought his rally in the Peter Pan was quite good, considering how far back he was. Having seen Miner's Escape shut down by BV, I can't think he is the better horse. BV runs by Miner's Escape in the workouts. Don't know enough about Nowhere to Hide to comment yet, but breeding for this distance looks good.

Mr. Hot Stuff working bullets. Tiznow's Da'Tara won last year. MHS is notoriously immature, and goofy, maybe he wakes up for this.....too bad not more dirt experience, though. And Harty still has him working on synth, can't figure out why he's not even bringing him to BM until the 3rd? Tiznow and Turkoman have some of the best stats in the group for wins at 9F and above. IF he runs to his breeding, MHS would be the guy to do something here. :)

Luv Gov I have no interest in, and not sure what to think yet about Lukas's horse. A rested FP isn't the best horse to begin with, this one isn't rested.

Chocolate Candy, while not speedy, will have no problem at all with the distance. I don't know where he'll finish, but out of all these, he has the most chance of 12F with ease than many of the other horses in this race. 0.63 stamina rating, superb.

Run Nicholas Run
05-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Triangle,

What I mean about BV being the "lesser" of the two
Zito runners is he comes off a third and Miners Escape is coming
off a win and BV will be the longer price or should be and in the
eyes of the public BV is the "lesser" if the two which I like. ;)

RNR

MNslappy
05-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Someone (who's smarter than me) please analyze Flying Private's breeding for us.