PDA

View Full Version : An Awesome 5 step horse picking strategy

Kaufman Stables
05-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey guys!! I have been using this over the last couple months and it draws out the great qualities of a horse and has made me some good money!! hope it helps

1.) Class Moves~ you can learn alot on the particular horse race that you are handicapping by looking at what class its in and what it was the prior race.

Look at each horse in the race and after taking note on the class that its racing at today look at the previous race. Today is it taking a drop in class today if so I like to put one down arrow to draw attention to this. If its taking a huge drop I use 2 down arrows.

After you complete this for each horse then see if overall how strong this horserace is this? Are there alot of horses moving up or alot moving down? Were they competetive at all in the race that they are dropping from?

2.) The next thing to look for is Trainers~ you can do a quick scan and look for things like when the horse was claimed last. Are there any statistics that favor this horse winning after being claimed by this particular trainer. This statistic is usually at the very bottom of the entry to show if the trainer has a record of winning quite a few in first time after claiming.

3.) Equipment changes~ this is overlooked frequently in horse racing but can be a key indicator that the horse will show some speed this race. If a horse is adding blinkers today its a good chance that it will have better focus and sometimes better speed to in horseracing betting small things can make a big difference. Take note of this on each horse and mark it so you know. Sometimes you will see more than one statistic that favor the horse running a big race today and that is key to landing a nice ticket.

4.) Beaten Favorites~ This is a easy to spot statistic if you look where the horse finished last race and see if there is an asterick by the odds if it has one that means it was the favored horse last time out. Then see what place the horse finished in the race. This can be a great thing to note and especially if in comments it had a bobbled start or something that messed its rythem up. If you have a horse like this and then is adding blinkers.. look out he might be gearing up for a fast race today.

5.) Troubled Trips~ It kind of links up with beaten favorites but you should look at all the entries to see if the last race it had a troubled trip in comments. If so that may be the reason it did not run up to par so a note should be made of this.

fmolf
05-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Hey guys!! I have been using this over the last couple months and it draws out the great qualities of a horse and has made me some good money!! hope it helps

1.) Class Moves~ you can learn alot on the particular horse race that you are handicapping by looking at what class its in and what it was the prior race.

Look at each horse in the race and after taking note on the class that its racing at today look at the previous race. Today is it taking a drop in class today if so I like to put one down arrow to draw attention to this. If its taking a huge drop I use 2 down arrows.

After you complete this for each horse then see if overall how strong this horserace is this? Are there alot of horses moving up or alot moving down? Were they competetive at all in the race that they are dropping from?

2.) The next thing to look for is Trainers~ you can do a quick scan and look for things like when the horse was claimed last. Are there any statistics that favor this horse winning after being claimed by this particular trainer. This statistic is usually at the very bottom of the entry to show if the trainer has a record of winning quite a few in first time after claiming.

3.) Equipment changes~ this is overlooked frequently in horse racing but can be a key indicator that the horse will show some speed this race. If a horse is adding blinkers today its a good chance that it will have better focus and sometimes better speed to in horseracing betting small things can make a big difference. Take note of this on each horse and mark it so you know. Sometimes you will see more than one statistic that favor the horse running a big race today and that is key to landing a nice ticket.

4.) Beaten Favorites~ This is a easy to spot statistic if you look where the horse finished last race and see if there is an asterick by the odds if it has one that means it was the favored horse last time out. Then see what place the horse finished in the race. This can be a great thing to note and especially if in comments it had a bobbled start or something that messed its rythem up. If you have a horse like this and then is adding blinkers.. look out he might be gearing up for a fast race today.

5.) Troubled Trips~ It kind of links up with beaten favorites but you should look at all the entries to see if the last race it had a troubled trip in comments. If so that may be the reason it did not run up to par so a note should be made of this.
a lot of the time this method is going to land you on the favorite or the second choice

dav4463
05-30-2009, 07:01 PM
I think this method has some merit if you do one thing. Throw out the top three morning line picks and then handicap as if they were not even in the race.

You should land on some serious longshots.

Have you ever tried to convert it into some sort of point system? If you could do that, I think it would be interesting to use it while throwing out the top three morning line favorites. Smaller win percent= big payoffs.

BETKING
05-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Add this to your method.

1. Delete all horses that or 15 to 1 or higher.
2. Delete all horses that have not run in 90 days.

This will increase your win rate by more than you think.

fmolf
05-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Add this to your method.

1. Delete all horses that or 15 to 1 or higher.
2. Delete all horses that have not run in 90 days.

This will increase your win rate by more than you think.
i use all the above rules in one form or another except for the troubled trip factor...i beleive that troubled trips are overated and a lot of horses get into trouble because of lack of tactical speed and a jockeys knowledge of it!beaten favorites is a long time angle originally trumpeted by ainslie i believe yet still effective...class droppers trick still to determine when a horse is live on the drop or just being offered for sale as damaged goods