PDA

View Full Version : Web Browsers

Sea Biscuit
05-25-2009, 05:47 AM
I have just installed Windows Internet Explorer Version 8.0 and I have to tell you this that it is a much improved browser than the one I had before. I specially like the In-Private web browsing feature which allows you to browse the web without storing data about your browsing session. This has also helped me watch live video racing without too much buffering or disconnections.

I also have Mozilla Firefox 3.0. I would like to upgrade it to a better and improved version. Any input in this regard from you guys would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

Sea Biscuit.

headhawg
05-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Years ago someone here mentioned Firefox as his browser of choice. I tried it have never looked back at IE except out of necessity. V3.5 is still in beta, but when that is a final release it will be as good as it gets for browsing considering all of the add-ons, browsing speed, and Web standards compliance (93/100 on the Acid 3 test).

If your interest is just speed, then you could try Safari 4.0 or Chrome. They are currently the fastest browsers out there, but only marginally faster than Firefox 3.5. However, all three browsers are orders of magnitude faster than IE.

Internet Explorer -- no matter what version -- is slow and not very Web compliant. But if you like IE 8 then have at it!

chickenhead
05-25-2009, 11:53 AM
I started using Chrome when I got my little netbook, which I find myself using more and more. It is blazing fast and has very little header at the top which is nice, it is roughly as thick as IE is when you toggle F11. So for netbooks it is a dream browser. I've never been a big add-on user with FF anyway, so there is very little downside for me to using Chrome rather than FF.

JustRalph
05-26-2009, 07:14 AM
I started using Chrome when I got my little netbook, which I find myself using more and more. It is blazing fast and has very little header at the top which is nice, it is roughly as thick as IE is when you toggle F11. So for netbooks it is a dream browser. I've never been a big add-on user with FF anyway, so there is very little downside for me to using Chrome rather than FF.

i use it on my netbook too.......... hell I use it on everything .......... but your are right on........perfect for the netbook

CBedo
05-26-2009, 03:10 PM
I still use Firefox due to the number of add-ins, but Chrome does seem faster and I am using it more and more. IE 8 is much improved, but still doesn't compete in my opinion.