PDA

View Full Version : Welcome new sponsors

PaceAdvantage
05-24-2009, 11:01 PM
I've recently signed onto a new ad network (Hello Race Fans!, or HRF Ad Network) and they have brought two new sponsors to PaceAdvantage....

Breeders' Cup

&

West Point Thoroughbreds

I encourage you all to click on either of these two ads and check out the websites of these two sponsors (no, I don't get paid more if more people click on the ad...if that's what you were thinking).

PaceAdvantage
06-15-2009, 03:23 PM
I'd like to request once again that you guys take the time to click on either the West Point Thoroughbred ad or the Breeders' Cup ad when you see them appear.

Again, for these two ads, we don't receive any extra money when you click on them, however, it would show the advertisers that the eyeballs are there and it would help me in retaining and attracting additional advertisers through this network.

I don't ask for much...:kiss: :lol:

BUD
06-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Seems to me Hello Race Fans has Been Under construction for a long time--They must be using the Team that Mass used for the Big Dig?

joanied
06-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey PA....
I used your link...BUD is right, they are still sorta under construction...but, I clicked on everydamnedthing I could :jump:

PaceAdvantage
06-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Ummmm...I meant that you should click on the actual ad...right in the middle of the square when it has either the West Point Stable ad showing or the Breeders' Cup ad showing...and it will take you to either the West Point site or the BC site...

Clicking on that little HRF Ad Network link at the bottom right doesn't really do me any good...lol

You guys are seeing the ad, aren't you? Perhaps you have ad blocking software enabled?

facorsig
06-16-2009, 10:24 PM
There was recently a link in the top ad banner to TrackKing.org. I followed the link and have become completely addicted to this horse breeding/racing/management game. The Track King season ends in a few days, enough time to learn and become dangerous for the next season. It is free to play. I paid a $40 subscription for Owner's Club features once I was convinced I would stay with the game.

Fred

joanied
06-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Ummmm...I meant that you should click on the actual ad...right in the middle of the square when it has either the West Point Stable ad showing or the Breeders' Cup ad showing...and it will take you to either the West Point site or the BC site...

Clicking on that little HRF Ad Network link at the bottom right doesn't really do me any good...lol

You guys are seeing the ad, aren't you? Perhaps you have ad blocking software enabled?

GGGRRRRR:bang: I don't see any ads for either BC or West Point, PA...just the two squares for 'Education' and 'Network'...and clicking on those don't produce any ads either...I have a popup blocker but don't have anything installed on my puter that prevents ads from showing up...I get all the ad banners that are placed on the forum pages...I don't get it:confused: Sure as hell wanna help you out, PA...any ideas?

Hey Pace....fercryinoutloud...DUH:faint: ...I figured it out....when you added that link to your original post, I thought (and I think BUD did the same thing)..we were supposed to use the link in your post and go to the site to click on the ads....I just now noticed the tiny HRF Network icon under the ads right here on the forum, over on the right top of this page...Breeders Cup & West Point...tah-dah...I'm clicking away now:jump:

Rocklane
06-17-2009, 11:46 AM
A&W too? Nice.

Jake
06-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Both very nice sites. Worth a visit. Thanks,

Jake

Watcher
06-17-2009, 05:52 PM

:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
06-22-2009, 01:15 PM
I have to say I am disappointed with the response so far to my request...do you guys not like me for some reason? :lol:

633 views to this thread and not anywhere close to that amount of clicks on the Breeders' Cup or West Point Thoroughbred ads....

Although this site will always remain a labor of love for me, as I enjoy reading the threads and participating as much as anyone else, it's also nice to be paid for one's efforts every now and then...

By clicking on the Breeders' Cup and West Point ads, you are showing the advertisers that there is an audience here and that it might be worthwhile for them to advertise again in the future (as well as give HRF Ad Network stats to show off to other potential advertisers).

This website is currently pushing the boundaries of my current hosting plan with its size and scope...sooner or later I am going to have to make a decision on whether or not to move to a much more expensive hosting solution....all I'm asking for is to make clicking on the Breeders' Cup and West Point ads a part of your daily routine here in the remaining days they are scheduled to advertiser here....

Thanks once again for your help....

==PA

Charli125
06-22-2009, 02:40 PM
I think the reason you don't get many responses is that most of us can't see the ads. The first time I've actually seen the WestPoint ad was when I clicked reply on this message. I'm not sure why it works that way, and I don't have anything special installed, but the ads never show up for me.

All I normally see is the google ads at the top, and sometimes that sim2win ad.

applebee
06-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I think the reason you don't get many responses is that most of us can't see the ads. The first time I've actually seen the WestPoint ad was when I clicked reply on this message. I'm not sure why it works that way, and I don't have anything special installed, but the ads never show up for me.

All I normally see is the google ads at the top, and sometimes that sim2win ad.

same here.

ryesteve
06-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Ditto... seems like every time I notice an ad, it's either sim2win or that finger lakes org...

Charli125
06-22-2009, 03:03 PM
And as soon as I write that I start to see the WestPoint ad, and the Breeders Cup tickets ad. Weird.

Dave Schwartz
06-22-2009, 03:12 PM
I seem to be stuck on the "how to advertise with banner ads" ad.

I have yet to see West Point Thorobreds.

Oh, and also a lot of Horseville.

PaceAdvantage
06-22-2009, 04:30 PM
The two specific ads I am talking about appear near the top right side of your screen. You will also see horse rescue ads appearing here from time to time as well, and just these past few days, an ad for the HANA pool party has been appearing.

If you aren't blocking ads, on the right side, you will see a short, square ad on top (this is where the BC and West Point ads appear), while underneath you will see a much taller ad....skyscraper they call it in the business...this is where google ads appear....

This thread is solely about the smaller, square ad on the right side of your screen, sitting on top of the much taller google/simtowin ads.

Oh, and it will also say "HRF Ad Network" underneath the smaller, square box containing the BC and West Point ads...

Everyone should see this who isn't running some sort of ad blocking program....or who isn't running such a small screen size that the right side scrolls off your page....

Red Knave
06-22-2009, 08:26 PM
PA

Using Firefox with Adblock Plus enabled eliminates those ads. I just disabled the Adblock add-on and I can see the ads now.
I'll try and remember about the other ads, 'cause that's just the kind of guy I am ;)

Track Collector
06-22-2009, 09:32 PM
PA,

How are "clicks" measured? Are multiple clicks by the same person counted multiple times, or only once a day, or only once period?

I'm trying to do my part. :)

Dave Schwartz
06-22-2009, 11:28 PM
The BC tickets were easy to find but the WP TBreds I only saw as part of the Google thing in the center banner. After a dozen or so refreshes, I eventually got there.

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2009, 12:05 AM
PA,

How are "clicks" measured? Are multiple clicks by the same person counted multiple times, or only once a day, or only once period?

I'm trying to do my part. :)It's not necessary for you to click multiple times on the ads...once would be enough...

I'm not sure how multiple clicks are counted, but I would assume multiple clicks from the same IP in a short period of time are only counted once.

TimesTheyRAChangin
06-23-2009, 12:47 PM
The BC tickets were easy to find but the WP TBreds I only saw as part of the Google thing in the center banner. After a dozen or so refreshes, I eventually got there.

This is funny!!!
I always see,and click on,the WPT ad,but I have never come across the BC ad!

Edit:NOW I see it!(LOL)

joanied
06-23-2009, 05:02 PM
PA...just to let you know, I have no problems with my clicks...I click every time I'm here:jump:

garyscpa
06-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Consider it done, my good man. ;)

pktruckdriver
06-25-2009, 11:00 PM
There was recently a link in the top ad banner to TrackKing.org. I followed the link and have become completely addicted to this horse breeding/racing/management game. The Track King season ends in a few days, enough time to learn and become dangerous for the next season. It is free to play. I paid a $40 subscription for Owner's Club features once I was convinced I would stay with the game.

Fred

So that is where you went to, glad you found enjoyment there.

Good Luck next season

Patrick

rokitman
07-06-2009, 01:55 PM
:jump: :jump: :jump:

david botsford
08-10-2009, 04:10 PM
The two specific ads I am talking about appear near the top right side of your screen. You will also see horse rescue ads appearing here from time to time as well, and just these past few days, an ad for the HANA pool party has been appearing.

If you aren't blocking ads, on the right side, you will see a short, square ad on top (this is where the BC and West Point ads appear), while underneath you will see a much taller ad....skyscraper they call it in the business...this is where google ads appear....

This thread is solely about the smaller, square ad on the right side of your screen, sitting on top of the much taller google/simtowin ads.

Oh, and it will also say "HRF Ad Network" underneath the smaller, square box containing the BC and West Point ads...

Everyone should see this who isn't running some sort of ad blocking program....or who isn't running such a small screen size that the right side scrolls off your page....Sorry haven't helped yet but horse rescue ad is up every time I look but I will click on them both.