PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Rail

Onion Monster
05-24-2009, 03:00 PM
If you're planning on spending your Memorial Day playing Belmont, you have to factor in the track bias. In my opinion, inside speed has been good for a few days now. Today, the rail has been golden (a few jocks haven't figured that out: I'm talking to you Ms. Studart). Outside stalkers have folded with regularity. Closers stand a chance if they save ground and come out in the stretch.

zerosky
05-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Looks good for Accredit...may well get away

big frank
05-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Looks good for Accredit...may well get away Driven By Success will be the speed threat at a big number,,,, boxcar ex box ,,,# 3 FAMOUS PATRIOT ,, # 4 IMPERIAL COUNCIL ,, # 12 Driven by success

Valuist
05-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Being very wide certainly didn't stop Bribon......

the little guy
05-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Being very wide certainly didn't stop Bribon......

Well, he was the best horse.

I agree with Onion Monster.....the track has been completely different much of this week from the earlier part of the meet.

Onion Monster
05-25-2009, 08:48 PM
When Psychotic Summer wires a field at a mile, you know something's up.

In the Met Mile, it would have been interesting to see how well Driven By Success would have done with Accredit's post. Dominguez, who has rallied nicely after a slow start, worked out a very good trip, though.

the little guy
05-25-2009, 09:56 PM
When Psychotic Summer wires a field at a mile, you know something's up.

In the Met Mile, it would have been interesting to see how well Driven By Success would have done with Accredit's post. Dominguez, who has rallied nicely after a slow start, worked out a very good trip, though.

Ramon's slow start was not mutually exclusive of the dead rail.

BetHorses!
05-25-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm talking to you Ms. Studart).

What have I missed? You must be talking about Wanda's Double cause she set the pace off the rail and if you bet that horse at 9/5 then sorry you deserve to lose.

There is nothing wrong with the way she rides. And she is mostly on non contenders going off at odds of 62-1, 75-1, 71-1, 30-1 and Intiyaco at 46-1 where she held off Dominguez for the place. She gets the most out of all her horses, brings home checks and gives 1000% every mount. I love how hungry she is. I watch her closely and only recall a couple of mistakes but nothing recently, she is always in the right position.

I have no problem with her and she has already outridden some of NY's top men to the wire with that strong hand ride.

Onion Monster
05-25-2009, 11:24 PM
On Studart...I don't mind betting her on the dirt. She lets her horses run fast early. I'd rather have her in a sprint on speed than "Rating" Rajiv Maragh. I don't like her on a closer, though. And she's not my favorite turf jock either.

On the race in question...She thought the rail was still bad and that decision may have cost her horse the win.

And I'll keep betting on horses who figure to get an early lead on a speed-favoring track, thank you very much. And if I deserved to lose, what do we do with those poor bastards who made One Lucky Date and Captain Backfire co-second choices? Make them muck the stalls too?

TLG, point taken about Dominguez. In my opinion, Maragh's hot start had a lot to do with the bad rail too.

BetHorses!
05-25-2009, 11:38 PM

On the race in question...She thought the rail was still bad and that decision may have cost her horse the win.

Maybe the trainer thought the rail was bad and Ms. Studart was following instructions.

.And I'll keep betting on horses who figure to get an early lead on a speed-favoring track, thank you very much.

Thank you. :)

postpicker
05-26-2009, 12:03 AM
On Studart...I don't mind betting her on the dirt. She lets her horses run fast early. I'd rather have her in a sprint on speed than "Rating" Rajiv Maragh. I don't like her on a closer, though. And she's not my favorite turf jock either.

And I'll keep betting on horses who figure to get an early lead on a speed-favoring track, thank you very much. And if I deserved to lose, what do we do with those poor bastards who made One Lucky Date and Captain Backfire co-second choices? Make them muck the stalls too?

TLG, point taken about Dominguez. In my opinion, Maragh's hot start had a lot to do with the bad rail too.

When she is riding a horse that was eased last out, a horse that was taking a major drop in class for the race on sunday, a horse that refused to switch leads in the stretch on sunday no matter what she tried, then I wouldn't blame her for losing the race. I spoke to her, she didn't think the rail was bad. In my personal opinion, I'd be surprised if we see that horse come back quickly to the races because there are obvious flaws and physical problems with that horse.

Onion Monster
05-26-2009, 12:22 AM
When she is riding a horse that was eased last out, a horse that was taking a major drop in class for the race on sunday, a horse that refused to switch leads in the stretch on sunday no matter what she tried, then I wouldn't blame her for losing the race. I spoke to her, she didn't think the rail was bad. In my personal opinion, I'd be surprised if we see that horse come back quickly to the races because there are obvious flaws and physical problems with that horse.

Who were the morons that made that pig the favorite? Oh, wait. I was one of them.

Can someone ask the horse what he thought about the track. :)