PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

joanied
05-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Wanting to wish everyone a wonderful :jump: Memorial Day weekend...no matter what you are doing...goin' to the races, camping, BBQing, sittin' on the patio...hope the weather is sunny & warm....
I especially hope any Vets we have here enjoy their weekend...
Hoo-Rah:ThmbUp:

lilmegahertz
05-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Thank you JoanieD.....Yes...I hope everyone has a safe holiday and cif you are one of my bros or sisters from the military, past or present, please seek out one grave of a fallen vet and place a flower on their grave to thank them for sharing the military experience, either good or bad, with......

SPC Ramos
US ARMY

Marshall Bennett
05-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Thank you Joan , have a nice holliday . Bless those that serve and protect us and those who have given so dearly to insure our freedom . Thank you most of all .

Warren Henry
05-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Thank you JoanieD.....Yes...I hope everyone has a safe holiday and cif you are one of my bros or sisters from the military, past or present, please seek out one grave of a fallen vet and place a flower on their grave to thank them for sharing the military experience, either good or bad, with......

SPC Ramos
US ARMY

Another idea -- go to a veteran's facility of some kind and thank a living vet in person. But, be prepared to see them cry as they are not used to this type of treatment.

Semper Fi to all the Devil Dogs

joanied
05-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Fly the Flag and remember all who have served...I wish this country was the way it was right after 9/11, when everyone in America supported our troops and the fight we found ourselves in...too many have forgotten...regardless of what a person's opinion on the cost of freedom may be...the guys & gals serving this country to protect the freedoms we all enjoy need our support...too many have forgotten.

We give to several veteran organizations and I send cards to many vets that are paralyzed or have lost limbs...my dad was a WWII vet and was over there for 5 years...my 1st husband served in Nam... I am a patriot, and damned proud of it...
and I am proud to 'know' any vets we have here at PaceAdvantage...semper-fi:ThmbUp:

cj's dad
05-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Is going to not to like the fact that I am saying this but I will anyway:

He spent 23 years in the military and some of that time was in the Middle East. I am extremely proud of him, as i am proud of all of my sons.

God bless you son !!

joanied
05-22-2009, 09:18 PM
cj'sdad.... :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: way to go...be proud and say it loud :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Tom
05-23-2009, 10:12 AM
We owe a lot to many generations.
We owe it all to many generations.

Go to your parade Monday, if you have one - support those old guys marching, and be glad as hell it is THEM marching down your street.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

strapper
05-23-2009, 10:41 AM
God bless the veterans who have served this country. Without them we wouldn't have our freedom and live in the greatest country on Earth.

rrbauer
05-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Monday morning I will go out for breakfast and then drive over to the local VA facility and take a walk through part of the cemetary. I don't know anyone there, but when they went off to their battles, they didn't know me either.

If you're an old fart like me you know about Alvin York and Audie Murphy. There's a nice tribute to them and others in today's WSJ.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124293579117244481.html

RaceBookJoe
05-23-2009, 11:59 AM
I will be volunteering and serving meals to the homeless and hurting at the las vegas rescue mission...and unfortunately that is where i will run into a bunch of veterans. God Bless our troops....past and present. rbj

Rookies
05-23-2009, 12:08 PM
The difference now for Canada is that while there have always been older generations (admittedly growing a bit slower of step) that we have honoured, it is now for us a young person's sacrifice and service for country.

I have written before, but this is what it looks like on the Highway of Heroes: http://www.slideshare.net/chryston1951/a-different-view

GOD BLESS THEM, FOR WHAT THEY DO FOR US ALL ON MEMORIAL DAY! :ThmbUp:

lilmegahertz
05-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Is going to not to like the fact that I am saying this but I will anyway:

He spent 23 years in the military and some of that time was in the Middle East. I am extremely proud of him, as i am proud of all of my sons.

God bless you son !!

23 years....a big woo hoo to him!!!!!!!:ThmbUp:

cj's dad
05-23-2009, 10:54 PM
23 years....a big woo hoo to him!!!!!!!:ThmbUp:

Thank you !!

Lefty
05-23-2009, 11:07 PM
This is the day that always turns my thoughts to my fav uncle, Tag, who died in WW11. Thanks to him and the rest of the veterans, we still are free.
God Bless All...

onefast99
05-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Wanting to wish everyone a wonderful :jump: Memorial Day weekend...no matter what you are doing...goin' to the races, camping, BBQing, sittin' on the patio...hope the weather is sunny & warm....
I especially hope any Vets we have here enjoy their weekend...
Hoo-Rah:ThmbUp:
On our way to the races, enjoy the weekend!

rrbauer
05-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Well I made it over to Mountain Home Veterans Cemetery this morning. There was light rain so I didn't get to walk around very much. Every burial site had a flag so it was very impressive to look down all of those rows of white grave markers, literally standing at attention, with the flags and the manicured lawn. The staff should be proud of their work. I wish that I had taken my camera. Here's a link to part of the cemetery.

http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/cemeteries/vamc/cem1.jpg

I think that there are over 13,000 vets buried here. Not a big total compared to other vets' cemeteries but impressive nonetheless.

LutherCalvin
05-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks to all the vets out there. This day we pause to reflect on those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. America owes them a debt we can never repay.

cj's dad
05-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Yesterday, while watching the O's lose to the Nats, during the 7th inning stretch, the Nationals brought a 5 year old girl who sang "God Bless America". I was watching the game in the local watering hole with some friends; the place fell silent, and when she was done there was not a dry eye in the house. I tried to find it oon youtube but no luck. ESPN did show it this AM. I hope you all get a chance to see this absolutely beautiful child sing this glorious tribute to America.

NJ Stinks
05-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Just want to salute all the veterans here at PaceAdvantage. Your service to your country was or is invaluable. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: