PDA

View Full Version : Daily Racing Form

matthewsiv
05-22-2009, 10:27 AM
I have to renew my subscription to the DRF and it is now up to $1,500 a year!

I am not sure that it is worth it.

How many of us use the DRF for PP's and replays?

Where do you get your PP's?

What do you read for your racing news?

I currently use HTR and also read the Pace Advantage,Paulick Report,Equidaily and Bloodhorse on line.

What am I missing and should I renew?

Thanks for you help.

miesque
05-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Well I get both race replays and the majority of my PPs for free since I use Twinspires for my wagers and my annual handle through them exceeds their minimums and I also like TwinspiresTV. I will occasionally buy DRF PPs because I do like to have the Beyer numbers for comparison purposes, but I basically have to be playing an entire card to warrant that expense and effort which means I only do it if I am spending the day at the track and then only if I am spending the day at a dirt track and more and more of my play is now synthetic and turf. I like using DRF Forumulator but now that its web based its not useful for bringing to the track since most tracks don't have Wi-Fi. I used to subscribe to DRF Plus, but have recently discontinued that because I really felt I was not getting my moneys worth and frankly their news coverage is not up to par with a site like Blood-Horse, whom incidentially I have to commend for really stepping up their web content over the past two years, which DRFs has declined in my opinion.

strapper
05-22-2009, 12:59 PM
If you can afford it I would renew it. Support the good ol' DRF. I get mine for free, one of the perks of my job and I read it cover to cover.

kitts
05-22-2009, 01:46 PM
I have been buying the paper DRF ever since it was 50 cents. I download it sometimes but it is a good source. I also get pps with the download of data from HDW for my All-In-One Software. I only browse PA, DRF and Brisnet for news and seldom do replays

miesque
05-22-2009, 01:51 PM
If you can afford it I would renew it. Support the good ol' DRF. I get mine for free, one of the perks of my job and I read it cover to cover.

Now there is an effective selling point, tell everyone to pay the higher prices so you can continue to read it for free. ;)