PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest on Quality Road?

Bruddah
05-22-2009, 04:47 AM
I may have missed it, but the last I heard of his hoof condition was just prior to the Ky Derby. Supposedly he would compete in the Preakness. Then he seems to have fallen off the radar. The horse and his connections seem to have gone silent.

DanG
05-22-2009, 07:21 AM
I may have missed it, but the last I heard of his hoof condition was just prior to the Ky Derby. Supposedly he would compete in the Preakness. Then he seems to have fallen off the radar. The horse and his connections seem to have gone silent.
More then a month now since a registered work and I heard last week a bar shoe has gone on. (Not an encouraging sign obviously)

More often then not; the faster they are…the more fragile they become.

WinterTriangle
05-22-2009, 07:59 AM
And he'll ALWAYS be fragile. The quarter cracks heal, what's the chance with hard racing they don't reappear, or yet another one turns up on a different hoof?

SmartyLane
05-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Saw on HRTV his trainer saying for as big a horse he is, he has very small feet..........not good either.

miesque
05-22-2009, 09:19 AM
No hoof, no horse. Sounds trite, but its so accurate its not even funny. Horses that are prone to serious quarter cracks more often then not, will continually have that issue stymie their respective campaigns. As talented as Quality Road is, his future is pretty limited because even if they get it all fixed up, as soon as they start cranking him back down on him the issue will reemerge. I also think this was probably the reason why he was not originally nominated for the TC.

joanied
05-22-2009, 12:54 PM
I've been wondering about QR too...prob'ly we all have...news of a bar shoe is not good...that he has small feet is not good...something I never heard before. Man, if they are still having rpoblems with the quarter crack a month later...things don't look good for him...and that is a real bummer...so much talent there, makes me sad.

Stevie Belmont
05-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Nothing good from the last I heard, but that was a week ago. Feet are still a little banged up.

Super talented colt. Let's see what happens. Maybe a summer campaign will be targeted, but not sure that's in the cards either.

Once the feet are good again, will need some training to get him into shape. It might be longer than a couple months.

Just want to see him get healthy, and back on the track...

Run Nicholas Run
05-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Just a hunch from seeing horses like QR over the years
and I think he will not race again until Gulfstream.