PDA

View Full Version : It's late I'm tired - this may be a dumb question

BeatTheChalk
05-20-2009, 01:54 AM
but why did the Original Owners SELL RA ?? Perhaps the latenes of the
hour is clouding my brain. Buenos Noches. :bang:

Imriledup
05-20-2009, 02:32 AM
Usually people sell because they need the money more than they need the horse.

I'm the type of person who would sell almost any horse. This is a horse i wouldn't have sold, even if i needed the money.

You don't sell the Mona Lisa.

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2009, 02:40 AM
They got an offer they couldn't refuse from a man wealthy enough to pull it off. Simple.

cmoore
05-20-2009, 03:24 AM
If you don't need the money. You don't sell. This is a once in a lifetime filly..
They must of needed the money..

Oaklawn
05-21-2009, 12:42 AM
If you don't need the money. You don't sell. This is a once in a lifetime filly..
They must of needed the money..

In Dr. Evil of Austin Powers best voice, "TEN MILLION DOLLARS."

onefast99
05-21-2009, 10:03 AM
In Dr. Evil of Austin Powers best voice, "TEN MILLION DOLLARS."
He got what he paid for a horse who beat the boys in the Preakness. Now he will make the decision to go to the Belmont or just wait and run in some of the upcoming big summer races. 10m can last a lifetime.

FlyinLate
05-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Exactly. Let's say the horse has two co-owners. Five million each is enough for you, your spouse, and children to live EXTREMELY comfortably for the rest of your lives, as well as some money to buy some nice 2yo's to stay in the game and try again.

10m for RA, I would've taken it in a second. On the other hand, if I already had 100mil to my name, I'd keep the horse and enjoy the once in a lifetime experience.

dutchboy
05-21-2009, 07:41 PM
One bad step by any horse running and it is all over but the crying.

cmoore
05-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Exactly. Let's say the horse has two co-owners. Five million each is enough for you, your spouse, and children to live EXTREMELY comfortably for the rest of your lives, as well as some money to buy some nice 2yo's to stay in the game and try again.

10m for RA, I would've taken it in a second. On the other hand, if I already had 100mil to my name, I'd keep the horse and enjoy the once in a lifetime experience.

Has 10 million been reported or just speculation...