PDA

View Full Version : anyone using joe zambuto's software

redeye007
05-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi, is anyone using joe zambuto's software and what would be your comments. I've been testing out the demo with the $1 bris files and the results are not all that bad using the basic features so I was thinking of getting it since the price is reasonable. the expression builder seems similar to bris and frandsens allways "angle assistant" which I didn't really care for when I used allways but the rest of the program appears to be ok. I'd appreciate any input. thanks

chrisl
05-20-2009, 11:50 PM
I gave it a shot. The demo version you can only open the program 9 times. I was out of demo time in one evening, and did not even get one race card opened. Pretty tough to see how a new program works in that time limit.
It might be really good?

redeye007
05-21-2009, 06:55 AM
I gave it a shot. The demo version you can only open the program 9 times. I was out of demo time in one evening, and did not even get one race card opened. Pretty tough to see how a new program works in that time limit.
It might be really good?

I wouldn't give up on it. from what I've seen testing over 50 race cards in the demo it appears to be better than software costing more than 5 times the price and I wasn't using track specific weights. I caught on very quickly to the working principles since I've been using bris products for many years. :)

chrisl
05-21-2009, 11:25 AM
From what I learned what it can do was very impressive. I have a pretty long learning curve on new software. I am going to just purchase it and hope for the best. I really like the track profile program that looked very nice Chrisl

redeye007
05-21-2009, 06:22 PM
From what I learned what it can do was very impressive. I have a pretty long learning curve on new software. I am going to just purchase it and hope for the best. I really like the track profile program that looked very nice Chrisl

the best part about it I like is that you use either the $1 bris or $.50 tsn drf files. I checked out several other programs that use the same files and they were crap IMHO and I don't want to flame the authors by listing their software names. they can all be tested so you can see for yourself. being just a recreational player I am not looking for the fountain of youth, just a nice payoff occasionally.

tryto
05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Can any one supply Joe's email address

Thanks

wes
05-21-2009, 07:27 PM
http://beatthepublic.com/

joe zambuto's web site. Email address on web site

wes

tryto
05-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks Wes, I found the Mail box on the web site.

However When I clk on it, nothing happens.

tryto
05-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks Wes Appreicate the info

beaucap
05-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm not a t-Bred guy, all about Harness Racing. I do have Joe's Harness Racing program. Simular but not as much in depth as t-bred program. I have handicapped close to 300 races at different tracks. It has been producing a positive ROI. Here is his e-mail address
j.zambuto@verizon.net

pb0724
05-23-2009, 11:24 PM
just got the program,was pretty good on sat. just need help with the tweaking of the no.s so far so good. any help would be great.

redeye007
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
since this program is written in microsoft visual basic you probably need to install VBRun60.exe. I already had it on my machine.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192461

Pcon04
05-27-2009, 07:39 PM
To hard for me!!

pcon04

redeye007
05-29-2009, 01:24 AM
here's a great tip for anyone doing self tuning to create track specific weighting systems. you can analyze all your sprints or all your routes together by surface by using the < or > symbol. it's actually in the Help contents. If you want to self tune all your dirt races in your database less than a mile just select dirt, fast, <1760 and you'll have a list of all your races less than a mile on a fast dirt track and you can build a weighting system now for all your dirt sprints. works super. you can do the same for turf routes by selecting turf, firm, >1760. I'm seeing some nice results . this way you have a nice large sample of races to analyze :)

headhawg
05-29-2009, 09:17 AM
I am surprised at all of the interest lately in the Joe Z program. The fine-tuning or super-tuning or whatever it's called is just back-fitting. So a lot of the results of that process look great, but not so good when you move forward -- that is, when you are playing with real money on races that haven't been run yet.

This is not a slam against the Joe Z program in particular -- it's hard to get behind any program that backfits as its main claim to fame. (The now-dead Focus program comes to mind.) That said, I did have some success with the Joe Z program years ago with certain race types and certain tracks. But for me, those situations were few and far between considering the amount of time invested. And now, you have to pay for chart files to automate the process of track modeling/pars. Not that big of a deal, but an extra cost nonetheless.