PDA

View Full Version : Handicappers Conditon book

llegend39
05-18-2009, 03:50 PM
I have a 2 part question I've read the original book (1986) and found it informative. I was just wondering if it is worthwhile to read the updated version? Has that much changed and is it included in the book? Now part 2 if the consensus is I should read it would anyone be willing to sell or trade for it? THANKS

wisconsin
05-19-2009, 05:14 PM
I have a 2 part question I've read the original book (1986) and found it informative. I was just wondering if it is worthwhile to read the updated version? Has that much changed and is it included in the book? Now part 2 if the consensus is I should read it would anyone be willing to sell or trade for it? THANKS

I still think it's worthwhile. I read the cover off of that book in the 80's. I have not seen the updated version, but I am willing to bet he has changed his thinking about claimers in allowance races. A very good book, IMHO, and you will get some good advice when it comes to three year olds, etc.

kid4rilla
05-19-2009, 08:10 PM
I read this. I determined I didn't need anymore help landing on favorites

acorn54
05-20-2009, 05:31 AM
I read this. I determined I didn't need anymore help landing on favorites

ditto

thelyingthief
06-04-2009, 04:38 AM
quinn's material helped me with allowance grade horses, lightly raced, etc.; and on overnight hcp and clf/alw races.

the real benefit of the book, however, only accrues to those who do the same thing with the charts for the tracks they play. sitting down and categorizing, for instance, the conditions for clming non winners lifetime at woodbine, and the archetypal winners in them.

but then, doing the work is soooooo boring.

tlt-