PDA

View Full Version : what is the best software?

redeye007
05-18-2009, 05:18 AM
what is the best commercial software out there for thoroughbreds that uses the $1 bris file? I just tested a couple of commercial programs on a trial basis with an very large number of races from several different tracks and they produced very poor results. they offered very little user input and I had no idea how the program worked. Is there anything good out there that doesn't require building a database?

JustRalph
05-18-2009, 06:25 AM
maybe you should tell us what you tried already to narrow it down a little

Partsnut
05-18-2009, 09:32 AM
I am using the demo for JCapper and yes, you have to maintain a data base which requires very little maintainance and in my humble opinion is probably
the best value in the long run because it does use BRIS file. The $ 695.00 ticket should be worth the price to those that play multiple tracks on a daily basis. For some, the learning curve can be steep but for others that are computer literate the learning process will be quicker.
The program itself covers just about every angle. The user can set up these user defined modules from data acquired for a track using the "data window".
The data window has lots of latitude and numerous angles and situations can be tested.
For spot and angle plays this program is superior to any I've seen.
Jeff Platt has done an excellent job with this program and no, we are not related or even aquainted

Hopefully, this will not violated this sites rules because I believe JCapper does advertise here. It's just an honest opinion.